Legendary actor Ray Liotta dies at 67

BleedGopher

Reaction score
So many good roles. RIP to a legend.

One of my favorite NYC Brushes with fame was shopping at the same Banana Republic as him @Rickefeller Center - I was literally five feet away from as he was shopping for socks.

This was back in late 90s/early 20s and he was as lean as he was in Goodfellas. I was surprised at how pockmarked his face was in person. No I didn’t engage him, as .it goes against the New Yorker code. Yes I was surprised that he was shopping at Banana Republic.

Knocked it out of the park as Henry Hill and Shoeless Joe Jackson.

Favorite line in Field of Dreams:

Ty Cobb wanted to play, but none of us could stand the son-of-a-bitch when we were alive, so we told him to stick it!

Yes, and as Ray in Something Wild. He was frightening.

I remember watching that movie. It starts out like a quirky rom-com with Jeff Daniels and Melanie Griffith as mis-matched lovers. Then Ray Liotta - who I had never heard of - shows up as Griffith's ex-husband and the movie pulls a 180 and turns into a thriller. the dude was truly scary.

Just watched Something Wild. Been a very long time. Still a really good movie. Ray was amazing in it as others have mentioned. I highly recommend giving it a watch again or for the first time. Plus.... Melanie Griffith.

I noticed Goodfellas is playing at a theater nearby this coming Sunday and following Wednesday. Check your local listings for details.

Top Bottom