laurence maroney

I believe one of the reasons he (and his mother) wanted him to come to Minnesota was so that he would get away from bad influences in the St. Louis area. Well, it worked for a little while.

Hopefully this is just a case of bad judgement on who to be hanging out with and that his involvement is simply wrong place at the wrong time.

I don't get the fascination with guns, but this report is a bit sparse in the facts department. I'm not going to rush to judgment.

That really sucks, he had a few decent years for the Pats and now he may not be in the league anymore. Not making excuses for being caught with a gun, but St. Louis is a terrible city, I think it had the highest murder rate last year. But if your really that concerned for your safety you can hire a bodyguard, or maybe get a conceal and carry permit to legally carry the firearm.

St. Louis is just like Detroit, except without all the bad publicity.

Well reading the article, sounds like there might be some "wrong place, wrong time with wrong people" type of deal going on:

Maroney's publicist Jane Higgins told News 4 that Maroney was not with the car involved in the high speed chase. He just happened to be behind the car, ‘by pure coincidence.’ He has a permit for the gun, but the permit was in a wallet that wasn't on him. He believes the police made a mistake in arresting him.

Here is Higgins' written statement:
"Mr. Maroney was unlawfully arrested for possession of weapons. He holds a permit to carry a concealed weapon and he had his permit on his person when he was arrested. He was not arrested for any drugs nor was he involved in a high speed chase. He was released without being charged with any offense and we do not anticipate he will be charged with any criminal offense."

News 4 is waiting to hear from the St. Louis Police Department. Check with KMOV.com for frequent updates.

Well reading the article, sounds like there might be some "wrong place, wrong time with wrong people" type of deal going on:

As usual folks jump the gun. What's wrong with allowing the story to play out prior to forming an opinion? The story has been updated. This appears to be guilt by association or proximity, we should have a clearer picture later in the day.

As usual folks jump the gun. What's wrong with allowing the story to play out prior to forming an opinion? The story has been updated. This appears to be guilt by association or proximity, we should have a clearer picture later in the day.

people with good character do not allow themselves to be in circumstances such as these.

This never would have happened if Mason would have kept giving him the ball vs. Michigan in 2003.

I am amazed at how rough St. Louis is despite its rather small size and midwestern location. What a horrible place

A guy with a Maroney's background should know better. I hope as the facts come out, he is shown to have actually known better. I hope he can somehow build the NFL career that he was projected to have when he left the Gopher program early.

St. Louis is bad, but East St. Louis, which I believe is in Illinois, is the real bad neighborhood. I have read books about the schools in that area. Not exactly the best place to raise a family.

If you don't think St. Louis is rough, you probably weren't paying attention during National Lampoon's Vacation.

people with good character do not allow themselves to be in circumstances such as these.

Huh? He had a permited weapon and was in a car behind the car the police were looking for...what the eff does his character have to do with that?

My man you should really leave Mayberry once in a while.

25 years ago while visiting home (I'm from East St. Louis), there was a driveby shooting by some dudes in a grey Cadillac. It just so happened yours truly (me) had come home to show off his new grey Coupe De Ville to his cousins. Being that I had purchased the car the same day I came down the vin number didn't show up in my name (and no...yellow pieces of paper claiming you own the car don't get you much in the Lou).

Guess where I spent my weekend until they could straighten everything out?:cool02:

I forgot to add: People with good character aren't judgemental. I'm just saying....

St. Louis is bad, but East St. Louis, which I believe is in Illinois, is the real bad neighborhood. I have read books about the schools in that area. Not exactly the best place to raise a family.

Like Minneapolis and St. Paul the Mississippi river separates St. Louis Mo and East St. Louis Il. Back in the day (early 80's) St. Louis was where folks on the east side of the river (East St. Louis) wanted to live. Places like University City and Black Jack where considered the suburbs and safe places to live. That is no longer the case, parts of St. Louis is damn near as bad as East St. Louis.

The school system in East St. Louis is one step ahead of the Mississippi school system......bad. In the late 70's we were learning out of text books from the 50's and because there weren't enough to go around, students did not have their own text books. We had to write down the questions from the books so that we could solve them at home.

My man you should really leave Mayberry once in a while.
25 years ago while visiting home (I'm from East St. Louis), there was a driveby shooting by some dudes in a grey Cadillac. It just so happened yours truly (me) had come home to show off his new grey Coupe De Ville to his cousins. Being that I had purchased the car the same day I came down the vin number didn't show up in my name (and no...yellow pieces of paper claiming you own the car don't get you much in the Lou).

Guess where I spent my weekend until they could straighten everything out?:cool02:

I forgot to add: People with good character aren't judgemental. I'm just saying....

QFT

Maroney's mug shot.

Go Gophers!!

Attachments

• Laurence Maroney mugshot-thumb-250x312.jpg
    Laurence Maroney mugshot-thumb-250x312.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 56

Hahahahahahahaha, wow......hahahahahahahahaha

I'm sorry Laurence....no....just no LOL

Damn Bleed beat me to it. I saw his mug shot on my phone while riding the bus home from work. I almost fell out of my seat laughing. If he's going as pippy long stocking for halloween he's got his hair figured out. Personally, as a bald, white guy I'm incredibly jealous.

Maybe he's trying out for the local opera?
6a00d8341c5d9653ef0120a805a9b8970b.jpg

Do you see the sign, "Rib Tips"?

"Ah, F*ck that. You don't know that.
You'll find a Torino with on wheels. Inside that Torino is my cousin.
I'm from the southside of Chicago, here on vacation."

Oh, and, "Like those greenwalls!"

I don't know if Maroney is Missouri resident or not, but if his driver's license is through the state of Missouri a police officer can determine whether or not Maroney would have a CCW permit or not by looking up his DOR record.

In Missouri it is legal to have a loaded firearm inside a vehicle without having a CCW permit. However, if Maroney had it on his person and exited the vehicle (with the gun in his pocket or a concealed holster) and did not have a CCW permit, he could be looking at a felony charge.

He may have been taken into custody under an investigative hold until proof of possessing a CCW permit could be determined.

A lesson to Maroney, carry your paperwork. And maybe stay out of St. Louis.

Top Bottom