Last home game vs. #1?

I honestly think this Michigan game is much more winnable than the Indiana game. Expect a battle however.

Didn't we beat #1 Purdue at the barn in 2010-2011 right before Nolen was injured?

I honestly think this Michigan game is much more winnable than the Indiana game. Expect a battle however.

It's going to be really hard to stop Trey Burke from breaking down our defense. His dribble penetration is fantastic.

It's going to be really hard to stop Trey Burke from breaking down our defense. His dribble penetration is fantastic.

Oh god yes! But I don't see Michigan having 5-6 guys capable of lighting it up-getting in a groove. We have the home crowd behind us, and the refs we assume will call a fair game for us.

Burke, Stauskas, Hardaway, and Robinson are the key guys we need to guard.

I know the Gophers beat a #1 ranked Illinois at the barn an a January night in the early to mid 90's. It was my friend's birthday, and one wild night for a group of guys.

[edit] Just looked at the old schedules on gophersports.com and it turns out the game I remember (kind of) was Thursday, January 26, 1989.

Howvere, I think OSU will beat Michigan tomorrow.

Well meat chicken is getting the snot beat out of them early. Let's see if they can come back. Personally, I want OSU to defend home court. It's better for us in the long run if Michigan loses.

The Gophers beat #1 Michigan in 1988-89 I think, the Glen Rice team that went on to win the NCAA title. I remember Richard Coffey having a great game but so did everybody. I assume there's been more #1 games since then but I don't remember a win.

Top Bottom