Last 3 Gophers Coaches: Comparing Their First 3 Years

Agreed. Most freshmen in the BT don't get very many minutes and don't look very good. It's especially difficult to jump in at pg for a few spotty minutes. Stats aren't enough to tell you about a freshman's potential when they play so few minutes.

I agree, but I also find this a little funny as well. So many people wanted to run Pitino out the door due to last season, yet 4 of the top 9 players were true freshman.

I did not want him out this year but i also do not want to compare him to two coaches who got fired. Who is on the team is all on him. Make the tourney now.

Both even won a game in the tourney, Sparty making the final four. Clem, Dutch or Musselman beat a final four team on their home floor?

Unofficially, Dutcher won at Marquette during the 76-77 season when Marquette won the national championship. Officially, that game was forfeited.

Unofficially, Dutcher won at Marquette during the 76-77 season when Marquette won the national championship. Officially, that game was forfeited.
That 77 team could've won the national title if eligible. Of course if we did we would've had it stripped for something that would be a slap on the wrist if it happened to John Wooden's UCLA Bruins or any other blueblood in that era.

Top Bottom