Lane Kiffen should be hired

No way would a majority of gopher fans take 5-7 over five years over Kiffin. Kiffin has won and won in high profile places. He went to Bloomington Jefferson. It's not like he doesn't know what good things Minnesota has to offer. You can have integrity and wins at the same time.

I mean Mason did better than Kill and yet so many gopher fans dislike Mason but think Country Jer was so awesome! Country Jer is a good coach and it's too bad he has to resign, but the U needs to move on and go onto the next level instead of trying to be the next Iowa. The Gophers can compete for national championships and beat the crap out of Wisconsin every year if gopher fans wanted it.

Aren't you tired of Wisconsin and Iowa winning all these years? Heck sleaze balls like Alvarez and Bulimia walked over Brewster and Country Jer.
Interesting thought going with the father/son combo with the Minnesota connection. What do think of the Mike and Bud Grant combo as a fallback strategy?

Interesting thought going with the father/son combo with the Minnesota connection. What do think of the Mike and Bud Grant combo as a fallback strategy?

Nah! Mike Grant couldn't compete against programs that have equal resources or heaven forbid better resources. Mike Grant never left HS because he didn't want to face real competition every game.

Ugh, no thanks. BTW, Monte Kiffen was also a disaster at USC.

Nah! Mike Grant couldn't compete against programs that have equal resources or heaven forbid better resources. Mike Grant never left HS because he didn't want to face real competition every game.

How about Mark Trestman? Not sure what his dad does though.

Hire Kiffin and even I may stop following this team.

He has a winning record in college. He's from here and can most accurately take advantage of the new facilities. He has a good recruiting record. I think the gophers need to get away from the Aw Shucks, cornpone, country gimmick and get a coach who is interested in winning with good athletes and playing football with the likes of Ohio State, Michigan State, and Michigan.

You can sell Kiffin on being in the easier divisions and having the best stadium and facilities in the division and being in MPLS.

Claeys and Kill before were coaches who can take you to one-level but not the upper-level you have in Meyer and Dantonio and Harbaugh. Go for a little flash but flash with experience in Kiffen. He's the OC at Alabama and he has experience at USC and Tennessee. Plus his time in the NFL gives him a recruiting edge. Nick failed in the NFL but he uses his experience in the NFL as a hook to get recruits and tell them he can get them to the NFL.

And you bring Monte Kiffin in as DC and you really sell the "I can get you to the NFL" recruiting pitch.

Claeys seems like a nice guy, but he's just not as sellable in the long run.

Just a moronic post. Clueless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fact: OP didn't even spell Kiffin's name right.

Fact: Kiffin has never won with his own recruits.

Can't wait for tomorrow's thread: "Mack Brown should be hired"

Fact: OP didn't even spell Kiffin's name right.

Fact: Kiffin has never won with his own recruits.

Can't wait for tomorrow's thread: "Mack Brown should be hired"
Aw hell naw....I live in TX and grew up a Longhorn fan and would not like that one bit.

He has a winning record in college. He's from here and can most accurately take advantage of the new facilities. He has a good recruiting record. I think the gophers need to get away from the Aw Shucks, cornpone, country gimmick and get a coach who is interested in winning with good athletes and playing football with the likes of Ohio State, Michigan State, and Michigan.

You can sell Kiffin on being in the easier divisions and having the best stadium and facilities in the division and being in MPLS.

Claeys and Kill before were coaches who can take you to one-level but not the upper-level you have in Meyer and Dantonio and Harbaugh. Go for a little flash but flash with experience in Kiffen. He's the OC at Alabama and he has experience at USC and Tennessee. Plus his time in the NFL gives him a recruiting edge. Nick failed in the NFL but he uses his experience in the NFL as a hook to get recruits and tell them he can get them to the NFL.

And you bring Monte Kiffin in as DC and you really sell the "I can get you to the NFL" recruiting pitch.

Claeys seems like a nice guy, but he's just not as sellable in the long run.

The least you could do is learn how to spell the name of your man crush before you make absurd posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Bielma, then Hoke....now Kiffen.

tomorrow, Bo Pelini? Jerry DiNardo?

I love coming to Gopherhole :)

Alright, don't throw Pelini in with the rest of these. That wouldn't be a bad choice (although I still would prefer Claeys).

Alright, don't throw Pelini in with the rest of these. That wouldn't be a bad choice (although I still would prefer Claeys).

If we hire Pelini, the Faux Pelini-Goldy Gopher bromance can be renewed!!!!

Now there's a new thread promoting a dry Sarkisian. You just can't make this s*** up !

You talk about "getting kids that want to go to the NFL" as if that is the prime directive. One thing that Jerry did VERY VERY well (while STILL sending more kids to the NFL than most of his peers) is recruited and promoted this experience as the main goal in and of itself for his recruits. That should not change, and if you really think that it important then you don't respect this experience.

Also, your post is trash and you should punch yourself in the face, get it taken down, and punch yourself in the face again.

When USC came to the bank my first thought was wow Tim Brewster out coached someone, too bad he had no talent. That's all you need to know about Lane Kiffen Kill had him on the ropes his first game the week before losing to New Mexico State

LOL, thanks for your input, Lane...

Little bit of truth in that joke.
Not Lane, but his agent Jimmy Sexton, as well as other agents WILL be
floating their clients names as replacements.

Getting the job may not even be their clients wish, it may be simply
getting a better contract at their current school as well as keeping
the clients name in "news" releases.

Top Bottom