Lamonte Edwards to commit?

I had Edwards being the first in-state to commit, I was wrong but I couldn't be more happy about it. DT- I hope this comes true within the next week! This recruiting class has me SO stoked and we only have 3 commits so far! I know they're verbals but its nice.

Got like that. What position will he play.

Pretty sure I read somewhere Brew wants him at LB which I think his size and speed would be perfect for.

We're recruiting him as a Running Back but he has the athleticism to play OLB if that doesn't work.

We're recruiting him as a Running Back but he has the athleticism to play OLB if that doesn't work.

Thanks grunkie! I must have just been dreaming of a starting LB corp of Edwards, Maresh, and big Z!

Is Lamont a MN kid with high potential flying under the radar? Or is there national (or regional) recruiting interest on him? Does he have anyother teams in contact with him? I like what I've heard about the kid!

Is Lamont a MN kid with high potential flying under the radar? Or is there national (or regional) recruiting interest on him? Does he have anyother teams in contact with him? I like what I've heard about the kid!

According to Rivals, he has offers from Minnesota, Iowa, and UAB. He also expects a Wisconsin offer this weekend when he attends junior day there. Getting interest (but no offers yet) from Michigan State, Nebraska, Northwestern and Notre Dame.

More good news in the offing here. I love the fact that Brewster is being aggressive, something that we rarely saw with Mason. Granted, the recruiting approach is going to need to translate to results on the field sooner or later, but I'm not even thinking about that possible rain cloud right now.

A post on Scout says that he won't be committing just yet. He is attending WI Junior Day and they listed Woodbury's coach as the source.

A post on Scout says that he won't be committing just yet. He is attending WI Junior Day and they listed Woodbury's coach as the source.

Are you doubting Sid? Sid is the original recruiting guru.

Are you doubting Sid? Sid is the original recruiting guru.

sid took some schit because he had gjere committing in his paper to early

but i bet he still knew

i bet he has inside info on edwards also

No one's been more dead on when it comes to Gopher football since Brewster took over than Sid....No one! Considering he's sooooo far off the mark on everything else, I have to believe he's being spoon fed solid info. Edwards will commit soon if Sid is reporting it.

You Have Got to Love Sid

No one's been more dead on when it comes to Gopher football since Brewster took over than Sid....No one! Considering he's sooooo far off the mark on everything else, I have to believe he's being spoon fed solid info. Edwards will commit soon if Sid is reporting it.

These characters who find every reason to rip Sid make me laugh. I love this crusty old journalism lion roaming around his domain of Minnesota sports. He is a constant, an institution, arrogant, living sports history, an insider, story teller, right, wrong and always interesting. He is tottering a little now, but he is Sid. You smile and listen/read. He is just great to have around.

I don't know about you, but I will really miss him when he finally departs the scene. His column was the first thing I turned to when I was a kid growing up in Central Minnesota.

Rip this old lion all you want, you won't diminish him.

Plus, if you want a journalist who will help hype your program - Sid is the way to go. We know where Brewster stands with Reusse (as far away as he can). And not so sure on Souhan. But if you get Sid helping preach for you - well, why not? I say keep feeding him insider info. =)

At it again

Sid reported again this morning that Lamonte Edwards might commit as early as today. He also reported his UAB offer as an offer from "Alabama."

Sid reported again this morning that Lamonte Edwards might commit as early as today. He also reported his UAB offer as an offer from "Alabama."

That's sad. Do you think Sid is losing it or was it another intern gaffe? If someone didn't know what UAB was, they probably googled it, saw Alabama-Birmingham, and went with it. After all, if you have no idea what you're doing, Alabama-Tuscaloosa (the real Alabama) sounds smaller than Alabama-Birmingham (second largest city in the south)

I know it's fun to rip on Sid, but he's one of the few that support the U. He understands the difference between sports journalism and hard news, unlike all the rest of those stiffs and geniuses.

I know it's fun to rip on Sid, but he's one of the few that support the U. He understands the difference between sports journalism and hard news, unlike all the rest of those stiffs and geniuses.

I love Sid's support for the U, and the UAB/Alabama thing was most likely a scout/rivals mixup (which they tend to do), but I would still love to know for sure where it came from. That's just like mixing up UTEP with Texas.

Sid also reported that Konrad Zagzebski is from "Washington" and will be one of the top ranked players in his "home state." I actually have met Sid 3-4 times having first introduced myself to him when I saw him walking down the street. I love the guy- he's hilarious. I think he would be one of the first to laugh about these mistakes. I don't always agree with him but his support for the U is undying and goes back to a day before we had professional sports in this town.

Though he does gets some things messed up, he deserves some respect IMO for the simple fact that he does love MN sports teams. I cannot say the same about guys like Ruesse, Souhan, Powers, ect.

Plus, the guy does have a resume most sports reporters could only dream of!

Should he retire, yes, but that probably will not happen until he is put in a coffin, but when he does, MN sports fans will know something is missing.

If you read "Beyond the Sports Huddle" by Dave Mona (thanks again, GH!), you see he is one of the most relentless reporters out there. He got a phone interview with Mark McGuire when he was chasing the HR record, and Mark was not talking to ANYONE at that time. It's a really interesting story.

Top Bottom