KU had 46 total yards of offense today and 3 first downs

Ouch. I feel for them and their fans. =/

Sadly Turner is gone. Very good man, but just in WAY over his head at KU. Frankly it has been proven you can't be a "nice guy" at KU and expect to win. You need have fire in your belly and the ability to rally the team. Someone like Jerry Kill would have been perfect for KU.

The coaches that had success like Mitchell, Fambrough, Mason, Mangino, etc. all had fire to them.

Can't feel to bad for Turner as he will get his $6-million dollars and will be able to move on. Wish it would have worked out as I liked him, but things are rock bottom now. He was never able to pull us out of the Mangino fiasco and only brought it lower.

I know most fans want Leach and that could be a possibility, but I expect someone along the lines of a Jim Leavitt, Dan McCarney, Tim Beckman, etc. as the next HC at Kansas.

I've had to listen to numerous KU fans tell me that thier pathetic FB team was better then ours for some time now. Thank heavens for our win this week to finally quiet them down. Next up, a win over Nebraska next year!

More amazing is they had 48 yards passing, which leaves a minus 2 yards rushing for an entire game.

I bet Turner Gill is wishing that those "Brewster to Kansas" rumors that were floating around (and totally erroneous) would have turned out to be true.

What's Mangino doing these days?

KU4Life, you have a much better handle on the KU program than probably anyone here and I don't doubt a word that you're saying, but I do find it a bit deflating that a nice guy can't succeed as a coach at a program.

More amazing is they had 48 yards passing, which leaves a minus 2 yards rushing for an entire game.

Sacks are counted against rushing yards in college, which can create some odd stat sheets.

Yea it does suck that a nice guy like Turner Gill can't make things work out, but frankly his teams play like how his personality is... quiet and laid back. The emotion just isn't there. There is a fair amount of good talent on roster and it is quite young, but it isn't being developed or driven to succeed.

Outside of paying Coach Gill a enormous pay-out ($6-million), the rest of the situation sits up perfectly for the next Head Coach. A very young team, only 15 scholarships to give out this year (so it isn't like they have to scramble to fill a lot of scholarships late) and a football first AD in Sheahon Zenger.

Seems the big money wants Mike Leach, but that will be up to Leach in wanting the job. Other names that have been been brought up so far is Jim Leavitt, Tim Beckman, Larry Fedora, June Jones, Dan McCarney and even assistants like Kirby Smart or Brent Venables.

Again Jerry Kill would have been perfect for the KU job and his name was brought up a fair amount last time around, but KU didn't go that direction... Minnesota's gain.

Seems the big money wants Mike Leach, but that will be up to Leach in wanting the job.

Since GopherHole is no stranger to Mike Leach rumors, the word I got from someone inside Tulane's AD is that Leach was on campus today.

Since GopherHole is no stranger to Mike Leach rumors, the word I got from someone inside Tulane's AD is that Leach was on campus today.

Did any posters on the Tulane football message board camp out at the airport?

Yes, there is a lot of talk that Leach and Tulane are talking. He was suppose to interview there. I would assume he will be talking to some other schools as well in time.

Top Bottom