Kristian Williams Commits to Minnesota...

There are still lots of good recruits that didn't sign today. Maybe a recruit got passed over by a "better" U and we can go after them. Lots of scenarios, it isn't simple, just like you said. Maybe we find someone even better than him? Or someone close who really wants to be here, sign them and give your attention to next year.

Sure, if there's an easy, low hanging fruit to be picked over Williams, pick it.

But my understanding is that Fleck wants to move on to the 2020 class. To me that means you leave the door open to 2019 "late" (Feb) guys, but you don't spend daily effort on them. If and when they come around, you perhaps spend a day to close them, and then go right back to 2020.

That's the only reason any recruit would not sign in the early period. Simple as that ... you want to see what other options pop up at the end of the day.

And he knows that with how good he is, the Gophers simply *can't* tell him "hey bud, if you want to wait that is your decision, but there may not be a scholarship for you ...". He knows that is not the case with us here.

That is certainly not the only reason a recruit would not sign early. Maybe he wants to take more time to consider his options and do more research before making a big decision. Could be perfectly fine with the options on the table, but wants to pick the one that’s best for him.

That is certainly not the only reason a recruit would not sign early. Maybe he wants to take more time to consider his options and do more research before making a big decision. Could be perfectly fine with the options on the table, but wants to pick the one that’s best for him.

Yes you are right. I wrote that incorrectly before. It is not always as simple as I was trying to make it seem.

Shades of the Daniels twins and Dredrick Snelson. When he’s decommitted twice elsewhere not really surprising, is it? Obviously he needs some time to really think and make a decision and more power to him. No sense in reliving the KHH type scenarios. Bring in a player that really wants to be there.

You might be thinking of Darius Robinson? Although it is possible Mizzou got them both ...
I mentioned darrius hence the direct response about him. My thinking being p.j. may have put in an early am phone call to him with kristian waiting this out

Shades of the Daniels twins and Dredrick Snelson. When he’s decommitted twice elsewhere not really surprising, is it? Obviously he needs some time to really think and make a decision and more power to him. No sense in reliving the KHH type scenarios. Bring in a player that really wants to be there.

That was Cheney. Minnesota is the first and only school Williams has been committed to.

Fleck seemed to say at the end of reviewing the players that 2-3 will still sign and that 'One who didn't sign is waiting until February and the staff was aware of it.'

He committed to the U on the 14th, took an OV to Mizzou that immediately following weekend, didn’t decommit ... but now doesn’t sign and won’t sign until Feb.

There are valid reasons, wish him the best regardless, but it doesn’t look good.

Fleck seemed to say at the end of reviewing the players that 2-3 will still sign and that 'One who didn't sign is waiting until February and the staff was aware of it.'

Fleck later referred to a February signing as fighting a big boy fight. We want to be fighting the big boys for big time recruits.
So, I guess I can't argue with that.

Taking his time to sign in February and being sure is better than signing and leaving in October.

He committed to the U on the 14th, took an OV to Mizzou that immediately following weekend, didn’t decommit ... but now doesn’t sign and won’t sign until Feb.

There are valid reasons, wish him the best regardless, but it doesn’t look good.

Doesn’t look bad either if his plan was to sign in February all along as others have said.

He said that he didn’t take the trip to Missouri.

He's got both speed and power. I would love to see him in a Gophers uniform to butt heads with Bryc Benhart every year.

I'd be surprised if he sticks around as he seems to be looking for other offers and he's going to get them too by the looks of it. Can't blame the kid, needs to get the best one he can and go the place that fits him best. Big decision. As PJ says, he only wants people that want to be here. Guess we will see.

He's absolutely blessed. We are in trouble now.

He's absolutely blessed. We are in trouble now.

It's a big boy fight.
If we lose, nothing too unexpected getting trumped by a top 10 program.
If we keep him, might raise some eye-brows. Beating top teams for top talent will help change the traditional thinking.

It's (almost) a can't lose and a good growing step for the team.

Some people, correctly, pointed out initially that we couldn't just assume the worst, and that there were valid reasons for why he might want to take his time on such an important decision, etc.

That's done now. The tweet about the Oregon offer, the excitement it seethes ........ he gone.

He didn't sign with us because he was hoping for something "better". Oregon is the ticket he was looking for, or perhaps even bigger fish will bite now.

Best of luck to him!

Agree we probably do not get him but I hope eventually we can compete for recruits with 5,000 uniform combinations, 0 national titles OR.

P.j. said he wants to he in these fights for recruits. Can't get em if ya don't recruit em. At first we probably will lose these fights. But the more fights we get into the more chances we have to win. Would love to see him in maroon and gold

Agree we probably do not get him but I hope eventually we can compete for recruits with 5,000 uniform combinations, 0 national titles OR.

IKR??? Look at his Twitter, someone already replied "Oh that's top 10 bro!".

Seems weird to me that Oregon, by popular perception, is thought of as a top 10 type college football program. Their stadium is the same size as ours, and while they do sell out, I bet their "fan base" really isn't much larger than ours (ours just has become far less passionate and disengaged). The school itself is nothing special either. Not a major research player, doesn't have a med school/med research (that is split off as a separate university in the state of Oregon).

P.j. said he wants to he in these fights for recruits. Can't get em if ya don't recruit em. At first we probably will lose these fights. But the more fights we get into the more chances we have to win. Would love to see him in maroon and gold

I'm with you. I think it is more than fair to say we were in the fight, at one point, if he gave us a commit.

IKR??? Look at his Twitter, someone already replied "Oh that's top 10 bro!".

Seems weird to me that Oregon, by popular perception, is thought of as a top 10 type college football program. Their stadium is the same size as ours, and while they do sell out, I bet their "fan base" really isn't much larger than ours (ours just has become far less passionate and disengaged). The school itself is nothing special either. Not a major research player, doesn't have a med school/med research (that is split off as a separate university in the state of Oregon).

Four letters
N
I
K
E

Some people, correctly, pointed out initially that we couldn't just assume the worst, and that there were valid reasons for why he might want to take his time on such an important decision, etc.

That's done now. The tweet about the Oregon offer, the excitement it seethes ........ he gone.

He didn't sign with us because he was hoping for something "better". Oregon is the ticket he was looking for, or perhaps even bigger fish will bite now.

Best of luck to him!

You guys lose hope way to easily...

Top Bottom