Konrad Zagzebski

gopher7

Reaction score
Sorry if someone already posted this or if it's old news. Wisconsinpreps.com put out their first rankings for the class of 2010 for WI, our guy Konrad came in at #4.

4. Konrad Zagzebski
LB
D.C. Everest
6-3, 225 pounds
He entered last season as the most talked about prospect in the class of 2010. Injuries, including an ACL tear last season, have slightly hindered his progress. He has been starter since his freshman season. Made the switch from defensive end to linebacker. Received a somewhat surprising early offer from the Minnesota Gophers and verballed on the spot. Appears to have completely closed his recruiting as he was quoted as saying "I don't care who else offers, I want to be a Golden Gopher," and "The way I see it Wisconsin and everyone else had their chance. I just want to be at Minnesota. My decision is over."

http://wisconsinpreps.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=903863

love hearing those comments! do you know who else was on the list and where they were ranked? just wondering because i know that we are in on some of those guys

Wow! I absolutely love it! I sure hope this kid fully recovers before he goes out to play. He says everything that we want any/all of our recruits to say.

Over/Under In Days B/4 the "WI Cooled On Him" Posts

Early line is 21.

Bonus:

O/U on a pithy Jike Spingleton retort to the aforementioned "WI/We cooled on him" post?

Early line is 21 1/2.

That's a guy that is easy to get behind!

You are using a figure of speech related to rooting for someone, of course, and not speaking in football terms of a future defensive recruit for our Golden Gophers!!! :D

love hearing those comments! do you know who else was on the list and where they were ranked? just wondering because i know that we are in on some of those guys

Here's who they currently have on the list [incomplete] that I was able to find.

2010 Rank Pos Ht/Wt Schools
1 Zac Epping
Kenosha (WI) Kenosha Tremper OL 6-3/275 list
2 Matt Eggen
La Crosse (WI) La Crosse Logan OL 6-5/290 list
3 Leighton Settle
Madison (WI) West RB 5-10/170 list
4 Konrad Zagzebski
Schofield (WI) D. C. Everest LB 6-3/225 Minnesota
7 Sam Cunningham
Hudson (WI) Hudson OL 6-5/300 list
10 Trey Demler
Oshkosh (WI) Oshkosh West QB 6-1/183 list

If I remember from previous posts we are after 1,2,and 7 also??? Anyone know if any other offers put out to those guys?

This guy is exactly the type of attitude brewster and the fans like us are loking for. This guy seems loyal and really is pouring on the love for us. And a slash a wisconsin in his 2nd quote is an extra point for his attitude.

Sorry if someone already posted this or if it's old news. Wisconsinpreps.com put out their first rankings for the class of 2010 for WI, our guy Konrad came in at #4.

4. Konrad Zagzebski
LB
D.C. Everest
6-3, 225 pounds
He entered last season as the most talked about prospect in the class of 2010. Injuries, including an ACL tear last season, have slightly hindered his progress. He has been starter since his freshman season. Made the switch from defensive end to linebacker. Received a somewhat surprising early offer from the Minnesota Gophers and verballed on the spot. Appears to have completely closed his recruiting as he was quoted as saying "I don't care who else offers, I want to be a Golden Gopher," and "The way I see it Wisconsin and everyone else had their chance. I just want to be at Minnesota. My decision is over."

http://wisconsinpreps.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=903863

If he'd verballed to Wisconsin, he'd be ranked higher than #4 on this list.

Early line is 21.

Bonus:

O/U on a pithy Jike Spingleton retort to the aforementioned "WI/We cooled on him" post?

Early line is 21 1/2.

I'll take the under. Wisconsined fans started saying they cooled on him they day he committed to Minneota. Their claim was A) He isn't fast enough to play LB so we were looking at him as a DE and we're already full B) We're waiting to see if he can come back from his knee injury

If he'd verballed to Wisconsin, he'd be ranked higher than #4 on this list.

I'm not sure if that is totally correct. He was rated as the #1 Junior in Wisconsin, and after he blew out his ACL last football season there has been some movement downward in his ranking. Epping, Eggen and Settle are good prospects and I have no problem with them being ranked ahead of Konrad. I think the final rankings will be different after Konrad can show that his Knee is 100% and further evaluations take place during and after next football season.

I'm not sure if that is totally correct. He was rated as the #1 Junior in Wisconsin, and after he blew out his ACL last football season there has been some movement downward in his ranking. Epping, Eggen and Settle are good prospects and I have no problem with them being ranked ahead of Konrad. I think the final rankings will be different after Konrad can show that his Knee is 100% and further evaluations take place during and after next football season.

This is exactly right. Konrad was the concensus #1 player in Wisconsin before his knee injury. The ONLY reason he was placed at number four is because of the fact that he couldn't play last year.

That said, I think Handsome Pete is right too. If he had committed to Wisconsin they would brush aside the injury and talk about how he was the best player before and should quickly return to form.

thanks for posting that mggoph! i wonder what kind of QB demler is? i see that rivals has us interested in him. i also wonder about that RB?

UW was recruiting him as a DE and was going to wait till camp to offer him to see how his knee was coming alone.

Those rankings are going to change a bunch by the end of next year with the exception of the two lineman Epping and Eggen. Settle isnt really top D1 talent and will probably drop. There is another RB Marshall that if he can prove it on the field and off will probably jump Settle.

There is a WR from Madison East Marquies Mason who is the best athlete in the bunch. Has lower D1 offers for basketball and if he decides to play football will have tons of schools after him. He is 6'5 and about a 4.5. Think if Royce White(alittle shorter) played WR.

There are 4 possible D1 QBs in Wisconsin next year with Delmer probably the top. This Chase Daniels or Drew Brees for a comparison(size and arm strength). He would be getting a ton more attention if he was 6'2-6'3 instead or being 6'.

The GOphs have a real shot at landing Cunningham and Eggen. The way Eggen has been turning flab into muscle he could even end up at DT.

Konrad himself said that Wisconsin was recruiting him as a DE.

The GOphs have a real shot at landing Cunningham and Eggen. The way Eggen has been turning flab into muscle he could even end up at DT.

Brewscrew, being in LaCrosse, and LaCrosse being right on the border, how is the city divided fan wise?? Does there seem to be a strong Gopher fan base in the city? Just curious because I see thats where Eggen is from, does he give hints in the newspaper at all?

Brewscrew, being in LaCrosse, and LaCrosse being right on the border, how is the city divided fan wise?? Does there seem to be a strong Gopher fan base in the city? Just curious because I see thats where Eggen is from, does he give hints in the newspaper at all?

I have the same question about Cunningham in Hudson -- any of the locals have a feel for how he's leaning?

I have the same question about Cunningham in Hudson -- any of the locals have a feel for how he's leaning?

Cunningham's parents both work in St. Paul. His uncle came on here and provided some comments right after Zagzebski committed. Go back and find the Zagzebski thread from late January (around the 25th). From his uncle's comments I got the feeling he was a Minnesota lean (if he gets an offer).

Cunningham's parents both work in St. Paul. His uncle came on here and provided some comments right after Zagzebski committed. Go back and find the Zagzebski thread from late January (around the 25th). From his uncle's comments I got the feeling he was a Minnesota lean (if he gets an offer).

Awesome. Thanks, grunkiejr!

Great teams are built up front. Any time we get news like this re: a good DL/OL player, it is a good day!

being in LaCrosse, and LaCrosse being right on the border, how is the city divided fan wise?? Does there seem to be a strong Gopher fan base in the city?

When I lived in La Crosse the town seemed to be heavier on the Wisconsin side.

thanks for posting that mggoph! i wonder what kind of QB demler is? i see that rivals has us interested in him. i also wonder about that RB?

Settle's father is the Badgers RB coach.

Demler is a good QB. Not very big, but has a good arm. Runs the spread, and as you can see from his numbers, throws the ball a lot. Interestingly, one of the Gophers' walk-ons, Lucas Duppler, picked him off three times last year.

I would also add that Settle has stated that he has little if any interest in playing in the Big Ten. He wants to play down south in the SEC.

is he good enough to play in the SEC? the reason i ask is because someone made a comment that he was overrated

is he good enough to play in the SEC? sure, i imagine he would be....as long as he doesn't exceed the SEC's maximum SAT and ACT score levels.

Top Bottom