Kiper's thoughts on Decker

From Mel Kiper's ESPN Chat this afternoon:

"Decker is the leaader on that team. He's 6-3, 210 and can run in the 4.5 range. The question for him will be what kind of window will he give the QB to throw into? He has great hands. Tough. He takes a hit and holds on to the ball. He's a very nice pick in the second round of the draft."

Good to see Decker getting the pub/recognition from the media he deserves. I would have to imagine Decker would be more than satisfied to get drafted in round 2, which I think would be the perfect place for him. As much as we love him as gopher homers, I just don't think he's got the top end speed to be drafted in round 1. Regardless, he'll be a successful pro...it's just too bad the Vikes won't be taking a WR this year to draft him so we can watch him some more.

Under BPA they might and a second, or if he is still available when they draft in the third they might, though I honestly would not know how they would use him, barring injury that is since they do have a pretty good set of WRs now.

my apologies to you dayjoh, but he really reminds me of Ward too, but with better size and leaping ability. He shows the same toughness and ability to find a soft part of the zone, but can go up and get the jump ball too. He is not a burner, but like Ward, can work the field when a play breaks down and get open deep. Now that I think of it, he'd be really good in the Steelers system, with Big Ben scrambling and making plays by biding time.

Top Bottom