Kill on 1500ESPN

Isn't PJ Fleck a Jerry Kill disciple? I'm guessing if Fleck is the hire Kill will change his tune about"not stepping on campus again" rather quickly.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Gang bangs with people huddled around the doorway watching is a 1st class way to run a program? I guess Jerry isn't as down home country as I thought. Oh right, he recruited those guys and has to stick up for "his kids".

Isn't PJ Fleck a Jerry Kill disciple? I'm guessing if Fleck is the hire Kill will change his tune about"not stepping on campus again" rather quickly.

Or.........it could signal that there is no way Fleck would be interested in the job when a guy he respects says he wouldn't even consider going back for a visit. Just sayin.

They asked about Fleck and Kill said, he wouldn't comment on any candidate.

A person you listen too who make sense. Glen Mason
A person you don't listen too. Jerry Kill

Gang bangs with people huddled around the doorway watching is a 1st class way to run a program? I guess Jerry isn't as down home country as I thought. Oh right, he recruited those guys and has to stick up for "his kids".

You think that was part of the Football planing you must have the intel.....Ski U Master! Still trolling again!

Sorry, my bad. Didn't see it was you until too late.

How do you feel about the basketball program?

A person you listen too who make sense. Glen Mason
A person you don't listen too. Jerry Kill

Let me see" You were defending Kill all thru his tenure. You were upset that the U couldn't find a spot for him after.

Now you say "don't listen to" to him?

Why did he say something you didn't agree with? Otherwise....

I don't it's really part of a program. It's people's personal sexual lives. God, I hope that doesn't become part of our program.

I thought the main takeaway was Kill strongly hinting that Coyle has already been contacting coaches - either directly or through back channels, before the firing was announced. Kill said he knows a lot of people in the coaching profession, and he certainly implied that discussions have been going on.

Basically, Kill said that he believes Coyle never supported Claeys as coach and always wanted to bring in his own person.

Kill also sounded ticked off that Coyle kept talking about the need for integrity and honesty in the program. strongly defended Claeys and his staff - and pointed out that "I was there for part of the last 6 years," implying that Coyle was questioning Kill's integrity. Kill talked about how tough this is on the assistant coaches and their families.

Also made an interesting point. Said K-State Athletic Dep't has an attorney on staff who advises the coaches and AD's on legal implications of various situations. Questioned why the Gophers don't do something similar.

Bottom line - Kill is not a fan of Mark Coyle.

Is anyone?

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Kansas State and Rutgers offered Kill jobs, but not MN. Add to that everything he and his remarkable coaching staff built here is now being squandered by Mark Coyle.

Not through 2020. Home games then are Iowa, Michigan, Northwestern, Purdue. Don't think they've set the schedule for 2021.

Does think that Kill will be coaching at Rutgers in 2021?

I think it's a possibility. Hard to say. I just found it noteworthy that if Kill is still at Rutgers when they play at TCF, will he refuse to come with the team.

Will be used against Kill in recruiting. Dumb comment to make. Basically implying he won't be at Rutgers long enough to play in every stadium.

I think it's a possibility. Hard to say. I just found it noteworthy that if Kill is still at Rutgers when they play at TCF, will he refuse to come with the team.

I'm going to guess that comment was made with the same amount of conviction as the folks who said they would move to Canada if the election didn't turn out a certain way

I thought the main takeaway was Kill strongly hinting that Coyle has already been contacting coaches - either directly or through back channels, before the firing was announced. Kill said he knows a lot of people in the coaching profession, and he certainly implied that discussions have been going on.

Basically, Kill said that he believes Coyle never supported Claeys as coach and always wanted to bring in his own person.

Kill also sounded ticked off that Coyle kept talking about the need for integrity and honesty in the program. strongly defended Claeys and his staff - and pointed out that "I was there for part of the last 6 years," implying that Coyle was questioning Kill's integrity. Kill talked about how tough this is on the assistant coaches and their families.

Also made an interesting point. Said K-State Athletic Dep't has an attorney on staff who advises the coaches and AD's on legal implications of various situations. Questioned why the Gophers don't do something similar.

Bottom line - Kill is not a fan of Mark Coyle.

Paging Lee Hutton! I thought this when the AD "search" was going on. If not AD which I already knew was slim to none, why not legal advisor? Too late now, but there are a few former Gophers(or non Gophers) that most likely could advise.

Paging Lee Hutton! I thought this when the AD "search" was going on. If not AD which I already knew was slim to none, why not legal advisor? Too late now, but there are a few former Gophers(or non Gophers) that most likely could advise.

That's not a bad idea, but shouldn't this already be done within the U's legal office? I don't get why there has to be so much distance between the athletic administration and the administration that oversees the whole school. Putting a lawyer within the athletic department would seem--at face value at least--create even more tension between the two bodies. Why can't everyone be on the same page?

Judge Dickson is a lawyer and an alum , retired, but perhaps he has more wisdom he could give us on structuring things for the football program from a legal standpoint to avoid legal problems and common sense.

Is anyone?

yes, apparently zach johnson of gi, because he may get a scoop for supporting him, only until he doesn't get a scoop then he'll rip him again.

Judge Dickson is a lawyer and an alum , retired, but perhaps he has more wisdom he could give us on structuring things for the football program from a legal standpoint to avoid legal problems and common sense.

Judge Dickson would definitely be someone to consult on this matter. I think they should just take an attorney from the main legal services office and install them in the athletic office. Maybe they do that already. There must be at least one or two lawyers whose primary duty it is to oversee legal issues in the athletic department. But if the attorney is housed solely in the athletic office with no connection to the overall U legal office, wouldn't we be setting up an adversarial system?

Judge Dickson would definitely be someone to consult on this matter. I think they should just take an attorney from the main legal services office and install them in the athletic office. Maybe they do that already. There must be at least one or two lawyers whose primary duty it is to oversee legal issues in the athletic department. But if the attorney is housed solely in the athletic office with no connection to the overall U legal office, wouldn't we be setting up an adversarial system?

I really hope they just put outside counsel on retainer. I think you want an outside voice of reason in all of this mess.

Coaches support other coaches virtually all the time. When Maturi hired Brewster he quoted several big name coaches that vouched for him. Kill disagreed with Claeys firing coaches last year and now he disagrees with Claeys getting fired.

Coaches support other coaches virtually all the time. When Maturi hired Brewster he quoted several big name coaches that vouched for him. Kill disagreed with Claeys firing coaches last year and now he disagrees with Claeys getting fired.

Kimberly Hewitt and Mark Coyle also attacked Jerry Kill's integrity during that press conference. I'd guess the venom is real and this isn't just coachspeak for Kill in support of Claeys.

Top Bottom