Kill Needs Fans to "Step Up" to Iowa

homermn

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Let's get TCF Rocking Saturday!!

We know our role

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Let's get TCF Rocking Saturday!!

losing by 20 in the 1st 10 min of an IA game kinda kills the mood.

Kill also mentioned how important it is in this game because Iowa does a lot of check downs at the line.

Fans to Kill: Have the team ready to go in the first quarter and you won't have to worry about the fans stepping up, they will be loud and into the game.

I'll be there and be loud. Hopefully the team is ready to show up with their A game from the opening kickoff. I don't want another slow start.

Fans to Kill: Have the team ready to go in the first quarter and you won't have to worry about the fans stepping up, they will be loud and into the game.

We are 5-0 at home and have outscored our opponents 45-21 in 1st quarters. Have not trailed after the 1st quarter at home.

We were down 3-0 to Iowa and Wisconsin after 1st quarter last year.

We are 5-0 at home and have outscored our opponents 45-21 in 1st quarters. Have not trailed after the 1st quarter at home.

We were down 3-0 to Iowa and Wisconsin after 1st quarter last year.

Toss out the creampuffs and we are outscoring opponents 21-14 in the 1st quarter and were leading one (Northwestern 7-0) and tied with the other (Purdue 14-14).

Not sure anyone could make the argument that we have been starting fast of late but feel free to go for it. With two weeks to prepare they hopefully have 15 or so plays scripted to take advantage of Iowa early, then we will see what happens. Getting back to the point though if the team does start fast there won't be any worries in terms of getting the fans on board and into it.

I will quote Norwood Teague:

WHO HATES IOWA???

Toss out the creampuffs and we are outscoring opponents 21-14 in the 1st quarter and were leading one (Northwestern 7-0) and tied with the other (Purdue 14-14).

Not sure anyone could make the argument that we have been starting fast of late but feel free to go for it. With two weeks to prepare they hopefully have 15 or so plays scripted to take advantage of Iowa early, then we will see what happens. Getting back to the point though if the team does start fast there won't be any worries in terms of getting the fans on board and into it.

Draw up the script and then have to go against the wind in the 1st quarter. Throw away script and do what you do best, run the ball and stay close with a chance to win in the 4th.

losing by 20 in the 1st 10 min of an IA game kinda kills the mood.

Agreed. The fans will be rowdy, but the team better deserve it. Or the place will be clearing out at halftime. Hoping we keep it close and steal it at the end. I'd be very surprised to see us dominate.

How many flasks of the" hair of the dog" will be snuck in? I'll start. Jamison 12 yr. Keeps the cockles of your heart warm in the 4th quarter.

How many flasks of the" hair of the dog" will be snuck in? I'll start. Jamison 12 yr. Keeps the cockles of your heart warm in the 4th quarter.
How tough is security this year? I feel like flasks will be easy to get in with all the cold weather gear we'll be wearing...

Agreed. The fans will be rowdy, but the team better deserve it. Or the place will be clearing out at halftime. Hoping we keep it close and steal it at the end. I'd be very surprised to see us dominate.

This isn't really one we should be hoping to steal at the end. I would expect a really close hard fought game but there is no reason why we can't beat these guys at home. I agree that I would be surprised to see us blow them out but I absolutely think this is a game the Gophers can, and if they play the way they are capable, should win.

I saw that the U is serving bacon in the Jerrysota lot, as well as giving away long-sleeve t's and baseball caps. Hopefully that will help get the students going.

I saw that the U is serving bacon in the Jerrysota lot, as well as giving away long-sleeve t's and baseball caps. Hopefully that will help get the students going.

Pigs make the best bacon.

Wow. The Gophers have really scarred you. Its a game - you are supposed to enjoy it. Happy Thoughts.

I honestly think that we are going to beat them by three touchdowns. It is going to be an epic day on Saturday and I can't wait to be there helping to rock TCF Stadium. I think our defense bounces back big time this week and will be absolutely outstanding.

PRESACTLY!

This isn't really one we should be hoping to steal at the end. I would expect a really close hard fought game but there is no reason why we can't beat these guys at home. I agree that I would be surprised to see us blow them out but I absolutely think this is a game the Gophers can, and if they play the way they are capable, should win.

I'm trying to follow your logic... You support cheering for the team only if they are "ready to go," seem to say it shouldn't be close, but predict it will be. And it sounds like you're disappointed with NW and Purdue games. I think when JK said he knew Gopher fans would step up, he was talking about somebody else.

I honestly think that we are going to beat them by three touchdowns. It is going to be an epic day on Saturday and I can't wait to be there helping to rock TCF Stadium. I think our defense bounces back big time this week and will be absolutely outstanding.

I think the predicted wind may affect our big-play strikes in play-action passes, so I expect a low-scoring game, but love your enthusiasm and optimism.

Top Bottom