Kill, Limegrover and Claeys

You've only been watching Kill and Limegrover for 2.5 years. I've been watching them for more than a decade. Nobody's ever said this staff comes from the Chip Kelly philosophy tree. They can be pretty predictable with their offensive calls. However, when they get all of their pieces in place (and it hasn't happened yet) we'll be more than respectable on offense.

So if the don't have their pieces in place (some reasonable doubt exists whether their recruiting is good enough to get that done) then in the meantime they need to crawl out of their hole and come up with something that enables us to compete. There were many moments yesterday where it was hard to see if Kill was coaching hard enough to try and win.

So what's going to happen when Teague demands that Kill make a change in either his OC or DC in order to keep his job? Pretty sure it will happen at the end of this season after a campaign of zero B1G 10 wins.

That was easily the worst coached game since the Brewster era, and I can't say it was better than even the worst Brewster game. The team wasn't prepared to play, the game plan on both sides of the ball was horrible, and we got thoroughly out-coached in every facet of the game from the opening snap. I'm still furious at the coaching staff for this performance. This was the biggest game for this program in a long time, and the coaching staff crapped the bed.

Yesterday was the most damaging performance for program momentum and fan interest since Brewster choked away the Northwestern game in 2008. After that game, I knew Brewster wasn't going to get this program over the hump. Yesterday's game honestly left me wondering if Kill can, either. I'm not interested in listening to the same old excuses if we're going to be treading water. The team has to start looking better, even if it doesn't necessarily translate into wins right away. I really think yesterday's game was worse than any of our B1G performances last year, considering the opponent and everything this game could have meant to the program.

To borrow the brick by brick theme: It might take a while to build a house brick by brick, but eventually the bricks you have in place should start looking like a house. We saw a pile of rubble yesterday.

There has to be a misprint in the Las Vegas paper. It says that we only had 165 total offensive yards. That is an embarrassment! We either need to recruit a QB or develop one - and Limegrover needs to step it up.

There has to be a misprint in the Las Vegas paper. It says that we only had 165 total offensive yards. That is an embarrassment! We either need to recruit a QB or develop one - and Limegrover needs to step it up.

Not a typo :(

UNLV's OC has made Caleb Herring a good QB. We should bring him on staff. :cool02:

Who gets credit for the halftime adjustments during the first 4 games. Albeit lesser competition but today isn't ALL on coaching. Kill isn't controlling Nelson's accuracy with a joystick. A bad loss.. Overreaction across gopherhole? Absolutely considering how the Legends division looks this year. Beat Michigan and we all forget about this game. Chances of beating Michigan? Not good but probably our best chance of beating Michigan in years. There's enough negativity about Gopher Football and Gopherhole doesn't need to add to it.
I would say we had a pretty good chance last year AT HOME with Gardner making his first start...

I would say we had a pretty good chance last year AT HOME with Gardner making his first start...

Precisely. Savagerube sounds like a lot of people on here before the Iowa game, coming up with all kinds of reasons why we should beat Iowa. We know how that turned out. The point spread for the MIch game is 20.5. I would have to take the points considering we lost to Iowa by 16 points and Mich. is unquestionably better than Iowa and the game is at Mich.

So what's going to happen when Teague demands that Kill make a change in either his OC or DC in order to keep his job? Pretty sure it will happen at the end of this season after a campaign of zero B1G 10 wins.

Of course, Conference games are the ONLY games that really count. THAT has always been the case and always will. However, at this point in time, the administrators do NOT have a buy out strategy option. AND, the only way our new Norwood would be able to force Coach Kill to turn on one of his long time loyal Staff members would be to BUY OUT and fire Coach Kill. The legislators will NOT allow Prexy K to allow our new Norwood to do that. IF our new Norwood should try...

We will NEED start a campaign against our new Norwood and demand to see how much MONEY the pretending new Norwood has REALLY raised since he dampened our door step. Coach Kill has TOO many years left on his contract for this funny little new Norweed to be able to buy out. And, IF Prexy K rubber-stamped a buy out, the state legislature would LAUGH Prexy K off the Hill the next time he comes to them wanting MONEY from the state for any reason. The administration at the U of M has used the contract buy out TOO MANY times in the past and that tactic will NOT work for a very long time. The pressure is on the prexy and our new Norwood to keep on supporting Coach Kil and his staff...in spite of ANY heat that may come from the press OR the boosters...or the fan base. They went to the contract buy out well one too many times with the Tubby Smith contract extension less than a year before the contract buy out. That really pi$$es legislators off...

Precisely. Savagerube sounds like a lot of people on here before the Iowa game, coming up with all kinds of reasons why we should beat Iowa. We know how that turned out. The point spread for the MIch game is 20.5. I would have to take the points considering we lost to Iowa by 16 points and Mich. is unquestionably better than Iowa and the game is at Mich.

Are they though? Michigan has the higher ceiling for sure , but Michigan hasn't looked good in their last 2 games. They do have the bye week to prepare for us and right the ship, so we could be in for an ugly loss, but I bet Iowa vs Michigan would be a pretty good game.

I actually think we cover the 20.5. Michigan has had their issues, but to say this is our best chance to beat Michigan in years is just wrong. How about the 3-9 RichRod Michigan team that beat us in the dome a few years ago?

Of course, Conference games are the ONLY games that really count. THAT has always been the case and always will. However, at this point in time, the administrators do NOT have a buy out strategy option. AND, the only way our new Norwood would be able to force Coach Kill to turn on one of his long time loyal Staff members would be to BUY OUT and fire Coach Kill. The legislators will NOT allow Prexy K to allow our new Norwood to do that. IF our new Norwood should try...

We will NEED start a campaign against our new Norwood and demand to see how much MONEY the pretending new Norwood has REALLY raised since he dampened our door step. Coach Kill has TOO many years left on his contract for this funny little new Norweed to be able to buy out. And, IF Prexy K rubber-stamped a buy out, the state legislature would LAUGH Prexy K off the Hill the next time he comes to them wanting MONEY from the state for any reason. The administration at the U of M has used the contract buy out TOO MANY times in the past and that tactic will NOT work for a very long time. The pressure is on the prexy and our new Norwood to keep on supporting Coach Kil and his staff...in spite of ANY heat that may come from the press OR the boosters...or the fan base. They went to the contract buy out well one too many times with the Tubby Smith contract extension less than a year before the contract buy out. That really pi$$es legislators off...

EQmtwYV.jpg

Are they though? Michigan has the higher ceiling for sure , but Michigan hasn't looked good in their last 2 games. They do have the bye week to prepare for us and right the ship, so we could be in for an ugly loss, but I bet Iowa vs Michigan would be a pretty good game.

NO question we made Iowa look good. However, we have a tendency to make a lot of teams look better than they are. I have a feeling after the Mich. game, a lot of people are going to be saying that Mich is good and has a chance to win the conference and that they are better than Iowa. Every week is a broken record...the (insert name of upcoming opponent) is not that good because (insert reason). After the game is played the story changes that the opponent is a good team, just accept the loss because everything Kill does is correct and objective criticism be damned.

I thought that game showed the differences between the two programs to a tee. Gardner is a stellar athlete and improvised several times with the result being huge plays. We can't do that.

I don't agree with you all that often, but I agree with you here. Kill is here through Year 5 of his contract at the least. I don't see how Teague could raise money to buy out Kill and build the athletic village at the same time. Plus, the U is getting this reputation for paying guys to not coach (which would some would argue applies whether or not said coaches have been fired yet) and with the U under fire at the Legislature for a lot of other unrelated issues, it would just be another headache.

We said this about Iowa before yesterday & look how that game turned... I'm really scared about this Michigan game...

I'm curious about something and hoping someone can educate me: More than once in the latter part of the game on the Jumbo-tron were shots of Damien Wilson (who had a good outing) rapidly panting for breath. Of course the defense spent an inordinate amount of time on the field, but when a human body is gasping for air it will insist on getting oxygen immediately, which can only mean the player cannot hope to function at 100% capacity. Is it normal for teams to not rest over-worked starters? Or to at least (temporarily, at least) relieve them of their additional special teams duty so they might catch their breaths? Is that not one of the reasons the depth chart is so important? This is not in any fashion criticism, but my complete ignorance of the subject simply causes curiosity. It seemed several of the players could have used a break in the second half and the backups could probably use some experience, as well. Or is it a hard-and-fast Big 10 rule that secondaries are not employed in any manner until starters get injured? I also thought the half-time break was used to retool, but I (again, probably quite ignorantly) did not detect any obvious elements of that in the second half. Any edification provided would be greatly appreciated.

I have watched Gopher Football for a long time. I saw OJ Simpson play against the Gophers.
I was at the game when the Gophers won the Big Ten Championship in 1967.

All things considered, the game Saturday may have been the worst coached game in 50 years.

I have watched Gopher Football for a long time. I saw OJ Simpson play against the Gophers.
I was at the game when the Gophers won the Big Ten Championship in 1967.

All things considered, the game Saturday may have been the worst coached game in 50 years.

55-0 come to mind at all....that was an EPIC fail in game planning and execution!

The opponents had far superior athletes in most
of those games.

The performance Saturday is on the coaching
staff. It is unlikely Iowa will win more
than 2 Big Ten Games.

55-0 come to mind at all....that was an EPIC fail in game planning and execution!

I actually think getting killed by a bad Michigan team at home that year (when we still had a realistic shot at a great - read 9-10 win - season) was just as bad

who is on the hook for not pulling Nelson at the half? They needed a change of pace and someone who could pass the ball in the same vicinity. But then again you can't have accuracy dancing in the pocket and throwing off your back foot. Hopefully they can get the footwork figured out which should help accuracy.

Mason said this isn’t one of Iowa’s best defenses, but they had
7 players sitting on the run. That is why the passing game was
so open.

Someone should have told Jerry.

I question how much of the game some of you all watched. We passed far more often in the Iowa game than we have in the non-conference games. The reason our offense was so anemic was the QB missing on third downs and attempting to run out of odd and pass-favored formations (not a single Golden-I/reverse wishbone formation was called). Simply put, we went away from our bread and butter and missed.

I agree that the blame goes mostly on Kill/Limegrover. Nelson gets a decent amount as well (missed easy easy passes, taking sacks when he was trying to do too much, etc). But to simply say: "We needed to pass more" was the reason we lost is errant.

I question how much of the game some of you all watched. We passed far more often in the Iowa game than we have in the non-conference games. The reason our offense was so anemic was the QB missing on third downs and attempting to run out of odd and pass-favored formations (not a single Golden-I/reverse wishbone formation was called). Simply put, we went away from our bread and butter and missed.

I agree that the blame goes mostly on Kill/Limegrover. Nelson gets a decent amount as well (missed easy easy passes, taking sacks when he was trying to do too much, etc). But to simply say: "We needed to pass more" was the reason we lost is errant.

We needed to complete more. How's that Formo? :eek:

We needed to complete more. How's that Formo? :eek:

I'm good with that.

In all honesty, I'd just rather see us ground 'n pound every opponent, and out of those same formations use a few play actions behind the LBs. Stroke the post.

Basically MOAR GOLDEN-I and MOAR POST STROKIN'!

86 posts and counting. We all need to let this thread go and start talking Michigan. Iowa is in the rearview mirror...

Mason said this isn’t one of Iowa’s best defenses, but they had
7 players sitting on the run. That is why the passing game was
so open.

Someone should have told Jerry.

Someone probably did... someone should have told Nelson to be a more accurate passer...

Top Bottom