Kick Times Announced for Four Minnesota Games

GopherLady

Reaction score
Per the U of MN:

Kick Times Announced for Four Minnesota Games

The Big Ten Conference announced today the start time for four Minnesota football games for the 2023 season. The games announced were Minnesota's first home games against Nebraska, Eastern Michigan and Louisiana. The kick time for Minnesota's road game at North Carolina was also announced.

The Gophers will kick off the 2023 season against Nebraska at 7 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 31 at Huntington Bank Stadium. The game will be broadcast by FOX and the network will also have a live on-site pregame show starting at 6:30 p.m. Minnesota leads the all-time series against Nebraska 36-25-2 and has won four straight games against the Cornhuskers.

The game against Nebraska will be Minnesota' Gold Out game and all Gopher fans are encouraged to wear Gold for the home opener.

Minnesota will host Eastern Michigan at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 9 on Big Ten Network. This will be the first-ever meeting between the Gophers and the Eagles.

The Gophers welcome Louisiana to campus for Homecoming on Saturday, Sept. 30. Minnesota and the Ragin' Cajuns will kick at 11 a.m. and television broadcast information will be announced in the future. Minnesota leads the all-time series 3-0, as the teams played in 2001, 2002 and 2003.

The Homecoming game against Louisiana will be Minnesota's annual Stripe the Bank game and fans are encouraged to wear either Maroon or Gold to the game depending on their section.

The lone road game that was announced today is Minnesota's nonconference tilt at North Carolina on Saturday, Sept. 16. That game will start at 2:30 p.m. and will be broadcast on either ESPN or ESPN2. This will be the first-ever meeting between the Gophers and the Tar Heels.

Season tickets and away game tickets for Minnesota games are on sale now, and so is the popular Gopher Pass, which is an all-digital ticket that allows fans to watch all seven home games for a total of $199.96.

Every Minnesota football game can also be heard on the Gopher Radio Network.

Was hoping and thought for sure we’d be playing Michigan for our homecoming on 10/7 🤔

I like a mix of day and night.

6:30 is an even more ideal night game IMO.

I’m old, 8pm is time to get the little kids ready for bed.

Was hoping and thought for sure we’d be playing Michigan for our homecoming on 10/7 🤔
No chance in hell. And good!

We need Fleck to actually win a Homecoming game in the post-pandemic era!!

As for the actual, practical reason: they're maximizing ticket sales, as they already know a Michigan home game is a big enough seller without being homecoming.

Seriously everyone, buy tickets to the opener against Nebraska. Trust me on this. The national media and Fox commentators will be overly obnoxious for Matt Rhule. Do yourself a solid and avoid having to listen to all that by being at Huntington Bank Stadium.

an 11:00am start for the Homecoming game.

I would think they would prefer to have some extra time for tailgating, etc.

does this have any impact on student attendance?

If I recall correctly, haven't most homecoming games in the last few years been 11a starts? Gives the frats/sororities and another organizations time enough to plan a Saturday evening of festivities.

Seriously everyone, buy tickets to the opener against Nebraska. Trust me on this. The national media and Fox commentators will be overly obnoxious for Matt Rhule. Do yourself a solid and avoid having to listen to all that by being at Huntington Bank Stadium.
Have a ticket. Don’t think I can go due to HS football obligations

I’ll try to find someone rowdy to go in my stead

I think Purdue was homecoming last year. Obviously that's a conference game but turnout was great with an 11am kickoff.

The infamous BG game in 2021 was a 11am homecoming game too. Attendance looked good from the photos. I was there but have blocked/drank away all those memories lol

Last edited:

Top Bottom