Kenobi Final Fight Scene

Blizzard

Reaction score
As one of those people who saw Star Wars when it came out in 1977, I've been waiting for this for a long time. Fun stuff right here:

It was really the only scene in the entire series worthwhile. It was poorly done.

I look at this a little differently I suppose. I know there are movies or series that really are poorly done. At least for me anyway this is one of those types of series, and especially for me as a kid as I sat in the theater watching this, that it was your imagination that carried you to a "galaxy far, far, away." The special effects, for example, in the 1977 Star Wars were horrid compared to today. I don't think they make that movie any less magical though. And that's the way I still approach this series. It's fun stuff.

Last edited:

It was really the only scene in the entire series worthwhile. It was poorly done.
The hard part is they have to fit in the series with the timeline so the obi wan and Vader scenes in new hope makes sense

in the end, it all depends on what you were expecting.

If you were expecting something amazing, you probably were disappointed.

if you were expecting a decent Star Wars story, you probably were OK with it.

I thought it was OK. Not great - not the best show ever - but OK.

the Star Wars fandom is an "interesting" group.

having said that, I hope the Ahsoka series turns out better. sounds like they're using a lot of the characters from the "Star Wars Rebels" animated series.

For the sequel:

I would like to see a Leia at 16 story. We have seen in Kenobi what kind of person she is becoming, another story taking place 3 years before A New Hope about how she grows into the rebellion would be interesting.

So why didnt Obi Wan take out Vader? Obviously he couldnt because of the original movies, but I dont understand why Obi Wan walked away? Because he was sad?

So why didnt Obi Wan take out Vader? Obviously he couldnt because of the original movies, but I dont understand why Obi Wan walked away? Because he was sad?

as I read it, Obi Wan felt guilty for years because he thought he had killed his friend Anakin on Mustaphar.

But, in the fight scene on the TV show, Darth/Anakin had the line "you didn't kill Anakin. I killed him."

meaning that Obi Wan wasn't responsible for Anakin becoming Vader. So Obi Wan could walk away with a clean conscience.

granted, he is leaving Darth alive, but he apparently made a decision that he was not going to be the one to kill Vader.

and yes, that is a huge issue with prequel stories. one way or another, they have to end in a way that matches up with what we already know about the future of those characters.

The series got better at the end but it was not good. Mandalorian has been some of the best star wars ever, period. Book of Boba Fett was fine as it was meant to be fun and action oriented. This one just kind of missed the mark on some critical Star Wars characters with lazy writing. I find Disney's lack of consistency with the franchise disturbing

The series got better at the end but it was not good. Mandalorian has been some of the best star wars ever, period. Book of Boba Fett was fine as it was meant to be fun and action oriented. This one just kind of missed the mark on some critical Star Wars characters with lazy writing. I find Disney's lack of consistency with the franchise disturbing
Accurate take.

Boba Fett would have been fine if Boba Fett wasn’t the most boring character arc ever. They should have just called it Mando 2.5 but that would have tainted the Mando brand.

86A8BA13-A41C-4533-8492-83CF18CC530D.jpeg
40E83A9F-CD21-40E6-80E8-F3719EDE17C8.jpeg

The six episodes were fine. Not sure that was what Disney was going for though.

The six episodes were fine. Not sure that was what Disney was going for though.
They were going to actually make a movie, but the Han Solo tank at the box office scared them off

Also, it was produced by Ewan McGregor. I feel like half the reason was for redemption, over how bad Parts I-III were.

The main action was almost all Kenobi, Vader, and Leia ... so you already knew nothing could happen to them.

All the same, I was intrigued by how it started and the new characters they introduced. They had something.

But per usual, couldn't take that something and stick any kind of reasonable (let alone good) landing.

That final fight was "cool" sure, but there was zero suspense. You knew neither could kill the other.

Also the last episode alone, you had three absolutely silly plot points:

- Vader's main ship not continuing to chase "the network" (or whatever it was called) ship ........ only for Vader to then take his own personal ship to chase Kenobi down to the planet
- Vader owns Kenobi and buries him under rocks, though not a single person actually thought he died (he couldn't) ........ for Kenobi to just decide "OK, now I'm just going to 10x power up and start kicking your ass .... because ... yeah"
- that lightsaber through the middle of the torso of the new Black woman jedi .... yeah no big deal, I can still move just as well, run, fight .... really a flea bite, if that.

- Vader's main ship not continuing to chase "the network" (or whatever it was called) ship ........ only for Vader to then take his own personal ship to chase Kenobi down to the planet
- Vader owns Kenobi and buries him under rocks, though not a single person actually thought he died (he couldn't) ........ for Kenobi to just decide "OK, now I'm just going to 10x power up and start kicking your ass .... because ... yeah"
- that lightsaber through the middle of the torso of the new Black woman jedi .... yeah no big deal, I can still move just as well, run, fight .... really a flea bite, if that.
Star Wars always has plot holes. Still doesnt make sense to me what Kenobi didnt try to finish Vader. A more logical ending would have been Vader's backup showing up so Kenobi wasnt able to finish him

Darth Maul survived after being sliced in half by Kenobi. The Grand Inquisitor survived too.

Darth Maul survived after being sliced in half by Kenobi. The Grand Inquisitor survived too.
I see. So we were just supposed to know that that lighsaber through the liver ... really amount to nothing? OK, fine. But I assumed she was at least injured enough such that she wouldn't be able to run, fight, carry small boys like hours afterward.

I see. So we were just supposed to know that that lighsaber through the liver ... really amount to nothing? OK, fine. But I assumed she was at least injured enough such that she wouldn't be able to run, fight, carry small boys like hours afterward.
I'm not defending it. I'm just saying the darksiders' hate, and writers, seem to keep them alive and ticking.

Top Bottom