Kenobi Final Fight Scene

Blizzard

Reaction score
As one of those people who saw Star Wars when it came out in 1977, I've been waiting for this for a long time. Fun stuff right here:

Blizzard

Reaction score
It was really the only scene in the entire series worthwhile. It was poorly done.

I look at this a little differently I suppose. I know there are movies or series that really are poorly done. At least for me anyway this is one of those types of series, and especially for me as a kid as I sat in the theater watching this, that it was your imagination that carried you to a "galaxy far, far, away." The special effects, for example, in the 1977 Star Wars were horrid compared to today. I don't think they make that movie any less magical though. And that's the way I still approach this series. It's fun stuff.

Last edited:

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
in the end, it all depends on what you were expecting.

If you were expecting something amazing, you probably were disappointed.

if you were expecting a decent Star Wars story, you probably were OK with it.

I thought it was OK. Not great - not the best show ever - but OK.

the Star Wars fandom is an "interesting" group.

having said that, I hope the Ahsoka series turns out better. sounds like they're using a lot of the characters from the "Star Wars Rebels" animated series.

Ski U Mah Gopher

Member of the Tribe
Reaction score
For the sequel:

I would like to see a Leia at 16 story. We have seen in Kenobi what kind of person she is becoming, another story taking place 3 years before A New Hope about how she grows into the rebellion would be interesting.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
So why didnt Obi Wan take out Vader? Obviously he couldnt because of the original movies, but I dont understand why Obi Wan walked away? Because he was sad?

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
So why didnt Obi Wan take out Vader? Obviously he couldnt because of the original movies, but I dont understand why Obi Wan walked away? Because he was sad?

as I read it, Obi Wan felt guilty for years because he thought he had killed his friend Anakin on Mustaphar.

But, in the fight scene on the TV show, Darth/Anakin had the line "you didn't kill Anakin. I killed him."

meaning that Obi Wan wasn't responsible for Anakin becoming Vader. So Obi Wan could walk away with a clean conscience.

granted, he is leaving Darth alive, but he apparently made a decision that he was not going to be the one to kill Vader.

and yes, that is a huge issue with prequel stories. one way or another, they have to end in a way that matches up with what we already know about the future of those characters.

Top Bottom