Kelly threatens boycott

Plato

Banned
Reaction score
Ignoring a case rate in the tens of thousands per day, full ICUs and the per capita death rate that may lead the world Kelly threatens to not allow ND to play in the semifinals in the Rose Bowl if the player's and coaches' families are not allowed to attend the game.
The lack of a sense of proportion is shocking but not surprising.

I hope they win and don’t play in the playoff

make the playoff fake news

it is anyways

Call their bluff. ND finally has a chance to play in the playoffs and then passes because of a head strong coach? fck him, do not give into his whining and make him put up or shut up. In fact, pass them over because we heard they didn't want to play.

Call their bluff. ND finally has a chance to play in the playoffs and then passes because of a head strong coach? fck him, do not give into his whining and make him put up or shut up. In fact, pass them over because we heard they didn't want to play.
Agree. Totally.

What happened to the rumor that there would be no Rose Bowl this seaso because of California’s lockdown. SEC and ACC pushing to move it to Jerry World?

hopefully the Rose Bowl executives move out of Cal. The joke of a Governor isn’t smart enough to get out of the rain. Jerry’s World seems like an acceptable solution.

hopefully the Rose Bowl executives move out of Cal. The joke of a Governor isn’t smart enough to get out of the rain. Jerry’s World seems like an acceptable solution.
The elected governor of the most populous state in our union is a joke and stupid because his opinions don't align with yours? Have you ever met or spoken with him? This is the US political climate summed up in a sentence and it saddens me deeply.

I really don't see a way ND is not in the Top 4 at this point. Sadly
Agree. They're not going to move the #2 team out of the top 4 for losing to the #3 team, no matter the score. And especially with the TV ratings that ND would bring.

The very easy way around this: put Notre Dame at #4 (when they lose to Clemson today) and make them play in the Sugar Bowl against Alabama.

That way, their families can come watch them get their asses kicked in. Jerk offs. :cautious:

Last edited:

The elected governor of the most populous state in our union is a joke and stupid because his opinions don't align with yours? Have you ever met or spoken with him? This is the US political climate summed up in a sentence and it saddens me deeply.
Keep in mind, a certain % of GH posters are legit Qanon, gross, deplorables.

These are people you'd never meet in the real world, never have to deal with. Only online, is where these people crop up.

Kelly is right, like him or not. Player families have been going to games across the country for 3-4 months now, even in markets with some of the strictest requirements.

I went to one of the games at State Farm Stadium, the Cardinals hail Murray game against the Bills, where they allowed 4,200 fans. Couldn't imagine a safer environment and we're talking about considerably fewer fans to just have player families for what Kelly is talking about. Good grief.

For the Cardinals game, every other row was empty, every two seats were empty, and there were mask nazis in every aisle ensuring you didn't have your mask down too long to drink or eat.

It was a major pain in the ass, but I couldn't believe how awesome it was to be back in the stadium again at a game. I had forgotten how great it was to be "at the game".

Kelly is right, like him or not. Player families have been going to games across the country for 3-4 months now, even in markets with some of the strictest requirements.

I went to one of the games at State Farm Stadium, the Cardinals hail Murray game against the Bills, where they allowed 4,200 fans. Couldn't imagine a safer environment and we're talking about considerably fewer fans to just have player families for what Kelly is talking about. Good grief.

For the Cardinals game, every other row was empty, every two seats were empty, and there were mask nazis in every aisle ensuring you didn't have your mask down too long to drink or eat.

It was a major pain in the ass, but I couldn't believe how awesome it was to be back in the stadium again at a game. I had forgotten how great it was to be "at the game".
Wrong. You can't change the rules just so some kid gets to have his Mommy in the stands. Everyone needs to take the responsibility to keep the virus down. There are a lot of things that are not fair and millions of people have made sacrifices much greater than just not having their parents attend a football game.

It may have been awesome to attend a game, but many also think it would have been awesome if grandma was still alive for Christmas.

Each area has to do what they think is best to protect the public from the virus, some are doing a much better job than others.

Wrong. You can't change the rules just so some kid gets to have his Mommy in the stands. Everyone needs to take the responsibility to keep the virus under down. There are a lot of things that are not fair and millions of people have made sacrifices much greater than just not having their parents attend a football game.

It may have been awesome to attend a game, but many also think it would have been awesome if grandma was still alive for Christmas.

Each area has to do what they think is best to protect the public from the virus, some are doing a much better job than others.
If your contention is that we can't put a thousand people safely into a 70,000 capacity outdoor stadium safely than I think you had better be prepared to shut down the entire country and enforce a strict stay-in-your-home mandate.

Need to take a step back and see the forest for the trees here; outdoors, 70,000+ capacity facility, allowing a handful of people with proper safety precautions.

If this truly isn't possible, the entire nation should truly be 100% SHUT DOWN, nobody goes anywhere. What else can you argue?

Kelly is 100% right. It's insane that the player's can't have their parents at the games. I think threatening a boycott is a bit much, but his point is 100% correct.

Do any of you have any idea about what is going on in southern California? They are in 100% shutdown. Just ask yourself if you would like to cozy up next to someone who just came out of LA county. Maybe ask Hungan what he thinks.

Could Kelly possibly be telling the truth? Don't hear the President of Notre Dame talking but sure it's possible. There is something else going on here too.

All the "peers that be" outside of the Pac-12 and BigTen have been crying and whining for years about the Rose Bowl. They hate that it always get higher ratings and that those Conferences got extra money from it. They would love to see the Rose Bowl become just another bowl game.

That's been going on for years. "But the families won't be there?" That truly sounds heart tugging. Believable too. If there wasn't a lot of history of their "bring down the Rose Bowl" rhetoric.

Would like to see them play it at Mile High Stadium. They want the game played in the middle of January, then play it in the cold. Okay, okay how about in Detroit. Or Arizona, Or yeah even at Indiana's Lucas Oil Stadium. Close to N.D. Dammit.

Just ta hell with it going to Jerry World, The Sugar Bowl, Miami etc. or anyplace Down South.

The advantages of Southern Teams playing in Southern States has gone on for way too long.

They were in the playoff in 2018...

Silly. They aren't going to sit it out because they can't have a bunch of guests. Is it a done deal that players can't have ANYONE in the stands?

They were in the playoff in 2018...

And they got walloped 30-3 by Clemson. They caught a huge break by getting Clemson with Lawrence. Because outside of NC....they really didn't play anyone of note. Today's game will be interesting. But yeah...I think ND is in regardless.

Could Kelly possibly be telling the truth? Don't hear the President of Notre Dame talking but sure it's possible. There is something else going on here too.

All the "peers that be" outside of the Pac-12 and BigTen have been crying and whining for years about the Rose Bowl. They hate that it always get higher ratings and that those Conferences got extra money from it. They would love to see the Rose Bowl become just another bowl game.

That's been going on for years. "But the families won't be there?" That truly sounds heart tugging. Believable too. If there wasn't a lot of history of their "bring down the Rose Bowl" rhetoric.

Would like to see them play it at Mile High Stadium. They want the game played in the middle of January, then play it in the cold. Okay, okay how about in Detroit. Or Arizona, Or yeah even at Indiana's Lucas Oil Stadium. Close to N.D. Dammit.

Just ta hell with it going to Jerry World, The Sugar Bowl, Miami etc. or anyplace Down South.

The advantages of Southern Teams playing in Southern States has gone on for way too long.
Bring it to the Death Star!! Allegiant Stadium in beautiful sunny Las Vegas, Nevada!!

The only problem there is, this town is already a little bit of a zoo around January 1 as it is. I'd settle for State Farm Stadium in Glendale

Bring it to the Death Star!! Allegiant Stadium in beautiful sunny Las Vegas, Nevada!!

The only problem there is, this town is already a little bit of a zoo around January 1 as it is. I'd settle for State Farm Stadium in Glendale

Nice!

Hmmm? The two closest stadiums to where you live? How selfless of you. :giggle:

Nice!

Hmmm? The two closest stadiums to where you live? How selfless of you. :giggle:
It of course also wouldn't have anything to do with me having season tickets in both stadiums either, and usually get seat-buying privileges for other events.

Hey, both are great venues as well, so it's a win-win!

Kelly is 100% right. It's insane that the player's can't have their parents at the games. I think threatening a boycott is a bit much, but his point is 100% correct.

The reality is that there will be plenty of people that disagree with the restrictions and their value but threatening a boycott over it is just stupid.

Top Bottom