Keinys to Pacific

And that was a better option than playing here?

Actually, from what I've read, Stockton, CA has a pretty bad reputation. As a basketball program, they've been pretty bad lately but maybe that's good for him. I hope he gets to play a lot. I'm sorry we never got to see more from him.

Well, that means all of our outbound transfers found D1 homes. Good for them.
The name fooled Michael olawakandi too. He was being recruited by a number of schools but chose Pacific because he was envisioning something more like Pepperdine.

How many years until he becomes the tie breaker in the Gopher Sports Trivia Championship?

The name fooled Michael olawakandi too. He was being recruited by a number of schools but chose Pacific because he was envisioning something more like Pepperdine.
I think the story was he picked Pacific, Duke and another school (I can't remember) at random out of a magazine and Pacific is the only one that contacted him back. The coach couldn't verify he was even 7 feet tall until he finally showed up on campus.

With Freeman transferring there, that makes 2 Gophers heading to Stockton in 4 years.
Freeman ended up with San Bernadino in the CCAA division 2 conference this past year. Averaged about 2 points and 2 rebounds per game Played in 23 of 35 games for a Final 4 team, about 7 minutes per game. Did not play once they hit the post season. I saw him once, very non-aggressive. Seemed like he was kind of an emergency plug-in "we need you to give us 4 minutes because we have some bad foul trouble" kind of guy for them.

Kinda like he was for the Gophers. Looks like he should be pretty good, but unable to kick it in the next gear needed to be a real contributor.

Carrington landed at Tulsa, huh? Hadn't heard. He got really bad advice. Hopefully he learns from this, and makes the best of it.
Maybe moving that far away from the influence of some of the close, hometown associates that may have been giving him that bad advice will benefit him.

Although it might not be right for everybody, I generally recommend that kids right out of high school, if they have the option, move to some place at least a half-day drive away from their hometown, just to get a feel for how things are outside of your safety net at home.

Actually, from what I've read, Stockton, CA has a pretty bad reputation. As a basketball program, they've been pretty bad lately but maybe that's good for him. I hope he gets to play a lot. I'm sorry we never got to see more from him.

Well, that means all of our outbound transfers found D1 homes. Good for them.
Stockton is an armpit, but the weather is better. Pacific had some good years under Bob Thomason, though definitely not near the coast.

Before I was a Scottsdale Gopher, I was a Stockton Gopher. My first day at work I bought a newspaper. The front page said “Stockton Leads Nation in Violent Crime, Again.” It’s a really tough place and has earned its reputation. I got in a fender bender and was physically threatened at the scene, with a promise “we’ll find you.” I traded in my (damaged) car that night.

Top Bottom