Keep Tracy Claeys as the Head Coach of the Minnesota Gophers Football Team

You can look at statistics all you want and make any argument you want with them. Of course it fits my narrative, as your use of stats fits yours.

Do you think TC would have been a candidate for a similar job to the gophers?

If Indiana was looking for a head coach would TC's resume two years ago made him a candidate? I think not.

I don't know what two years ago has to do with it. But Indiana just hired a guy who has been a college defensive coordinator in D-1 for a total of two years, including one at the P5 level.

When Claeys was hired as head coach he had been a college defensive coordinator for 16 years, including 14 at the D-1 level and four in the Big 10.

You picked just about the worst possible analogy imaginable.

Done

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I don't know what two years ago has to do with it. But Indiana just hired a guy who has been a college defensive coordinator in D-1 for a total of two years, including one at the P5 level.

When Claeys was hired as head coach he had been a college defensive coordinator for 16 years, including 14 at the D-1 level and four in the Big 10.

You picked just about the worst possible analogy imaginable.
So you think if TC was not the inside candidate he would have been a candidate? I don't. That's fine if we disagree.

So you think if TC was not the inside candidate he would have been a candidate? I don't. That's fine if we disagree.

I'm going by the standard you laid out. Here's your direct quote:

"If Indiana was looking for a head coach would TC's resume two years ago made him a candidate?"

Indiana chose a guy with a worse resume. You do the math. Keep in mind, we're using your math, not mine.

Do you think Paul Chryst would have been a candidate at Wisky if he hadn't been the offensive coordinator there previously?

And why on earth would we dismiss something so important. You don't think his familiarity with our program, players, etc. made him (rightfully so) a more viable candidate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you think Paul Chryst would have been a candidate at Wisky if he hadn't been the offensive coordinator there previously?

Yes. He was a sitting power 5 head coach who had been interviewed for many jobs one tier below Wisconsin.

And why on earth would we dismiss something so important. You don't think his familiarity with our program, players, etc. made him (rightfully so) a more viable candidate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup he did know all those things. So if you think the Kill era was the bwginningnof something great I see why they hired him. I think it was a mistake. I think the mistake is showing in his inability to be good with the media and inability to manage a game.

I'm going by the standard you laid out. Here's your direct quote:

"If Indiana was looking for a head coach would TC's resume two years ago made him a candidate?"

Indiana chose a guy with a worse resume. You do the math. Keep in mind, we're using your math, not mine.
So Indiana was a bad comparison by me. I apologize.

Yes. He was a sitting power 5 head coach who had been interviewed for many jobs one tier below Wisconsin.

And what did that power 5 head coach do in 3 years at Pittsburgh that would've had the Badgers interested in him (with no ties to Wisconsin)?

And what did that power 5 head coach do in 3 years at Pittsburgh that would've had the Badgers interested in him (with no ties to Wisconsin)?
Not very much.

I'm not against all inside hires. I'm against bad inside hires. I don't think Tracy is a good hire. Am I presenting a biased argument that fits my agenda? Yes. Why wouldn't I?
I will say if any bowl eligible power 5 coach wanted to interview at Minnesota for a vacancy we would probably investigate it.

Not very much.

I'm not against all inside hires. I'm against bad inside hires. I don't think Tracy is a good hire. Am I presenting a biased argument that fits my agenda? Yes. Why wouldn't I?
I will say if any bowl eligible power 5 coach wanted to interview at Minnesota for a vacancy we would probably investigate it.

No more f***ing investigations..

Passed 100 signatures. Keep floating it out there, folks.

Half time when I write this.

Exceptional job by the coaching staff in getting our defence ready to compete. Even if they make some adjustments and it falls away a bit second half I think we lose more than we gain with a coaching change.

Totally different scenario that doesn't really apply to the conversation, but in the book "Good to Great" Jim Collins says that the best businesses promote from within.

He did the impossible and beat a team who was suppose to slaughter us.

Extend him.

Didn't say he wasn't a good d coordinator. Said his defenses were not elite. Said they were overrated due to the style of play of the offense holding defensive numbers down.

Certainly above average to good. Certainly not elite

You were saying?

Best they have played. An entire game. Good job
Lee Hutton will exonerate the players. And suing the AD and president K

It would be an awful look to move on from Claeys at this point.

TC seems to be better coach than MC is an athletic director. And they better hope JS doesn't leave for another gig that includes an athletic director that works with the football program.

Great game. If they played like that all the time they'd have won more games.

Above average to good d coordinator. Not elite. Today was elite quality.

go pee in somebody else's cheerio's bruh.....

Top Bottom