Keep Coach Claeys petition

Arnie Carlson said the BoR is a joke on the radio last week. No leaders in the bunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, Kaler has at least three looking over his shoulder right now. In what context did he make the comment?

Well, Kaler has at least three looking over his shoulder right now. In what context did he make the comment?

Not sure. I took it as not being in support of any of the leadership.

At this point, all i care about is that Coach Claeys knows that people respect him and that people believe in him. If we fire him, that's on the university. I just want coach to know that some fans stand behind him 100%

Not sure. I took it as not being in support of any of the leadership.

You need to go read the Chair's comment...specifically about his concerns with the due process issue in conversations with Kaler. The other two provided a long open discussion directly with the players, bypassing Coyle and Kaler. Pretty sure the players supported Claeys in those discussions. Trust me, he's looking over his shoulder.

Very close to the 1,000....which is pretty amazing as we're rowing upstream on a site like moveon.org

As always vote early and vote often....

994 and counting as of 8:00 AM...

Spread the word to all real Gopher fans that their support for Claeys is much needed.

I have time to mull over the situation that the U is embroiled in over a sleepless night. I am looking at this situation all wrong. Everyone is dug-in on all sides.

IMHO, I think Eric Kaler and Mark Coyle have a golden opportunity in this time of crisis to right the ship.

Tracey Claeys deserves to stay. He is a good coach, a good man, a great teacher, and an unquestionable advocate of his players. He truly cares about them. He is new and is still learning as a coach and mentor.

Some of the most powerful lessons a new coach or executive will learn are from failures.

The U will spend ~$3 million educating and training Claeys. He'll learn from this experience. He is better and cheaper than any coach that the U will try to attract if they are willing to come here given the current climate of at the U.

To Mr. Kaler & Mr Coyle - DO THE RIGHT THING. You need to see through all these failures and collectively learn from it. Firing Coach Claeys is not your answer.

It reminds me of a story about the late IBM CEO Tom Watson Junior and the million dollar lesson:

A Characteristic of Leadership – Seeing a Costly Mistake or a Learning Investment?
A young executive had made some bad decisions that cost the company several million dollars. He was summoned to Watson’s office, fully expecting to be dismissed. As he entered the office, the young executive said, “I suppose after that set of mistakes you will want to fire me.” Watson was said to have replied,

“Not at all, young man, we have just spent a couple of million dollars educating you.”

(Source: Edgar Schein in his book Organisational Culture and Leadership)

"This story provides a strong message of support and a reminder that some of the most powerful lessons we can learn are from our so-called failures or difficult times.

Remember Edison’s famous saying: “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” Thomas Edison also demonstrated a great response to adversity which compliments Watson Jr’s actions.

When his factory was burned down, with much of his life’s work inside, Edison said: “There is great value in disaster. All our mistakes are burned up. Thank God we can start anew.”

A characteristic of leadership is to see things differently. Seeing mistakes as an investment in learning. Seeing that, even in disaster, you can start anew."

Now consider your own situation:

1. What message does your organisation give in the way it responds to mistakes?
2. What culture do you create with your team, by your attitude to mistakes made by your colleagues?
3. Just as important, what lessons can you learn from your own mistakes and difficult times?

Firing Claeys is not the answer.

This is a golden opportunity to change the climate and culture at the U. It takes leadership from everyone.

Please do not look for blame. Look for solutions.

I just checked as of 12:08 it's at 1200 keep the votes coming.

I just checked as of 12:08 it's at 1200 keep the votes coming.

Is it sick of me to hope 8 year old twins are used to deliver this petition? (BTW, I still think both are silly as hell)

Signed in the 600s yesterday.

If you haven't already, go back and click the banner on top of the page saying you think the petition should be supported.

We have voted 3 times as a household and are trying to get the word out. We should be able to give that other stupid petition a run for its money at the rate things are moving

Top Bottom