Keelon Brookins 4.3 -40

Parski1

Banned
Reaction score
For all you that have problems with 40 times - suck on this!

Gopher commit Keelon Brookins - @KBrookins8 ran a 4.37 and 4.40 forty and a 10 ft + broad jump tonight at the #Minnesota camp.

http://twitter.com/#!/RyanBurnsGI/

I don't think anyone has a problem with 40s. I think a lot of people have a problem with 40 times that can't be substantiated and may as well be made up. Unfortunately that's what we get most often so most often it makes more sense to just discount them.

I don't think anyone has a problem with 40s. I think a lot of people have a problem with 40 times that can't be substantiated and may as well be made up. Unfortunately that's what we get most often so most often it makes more sense to just discount them.

Do we give them a 10% discount if it is electronically timed versus hand held?

Yeah, that's exactly the issue. Most 40 times are completely unsubstantiated and borderline impossible (unless you think a bunch of HS recruits are outrunning NFL draft picks).

The thread title is a bit misleading as well, a 4.37 40 is quite a bit different from a 4.3 40.

This is what speed can do. I recall Darrell Green was credited with a 4.24 in the 40 after age 30.

Can't speak for rivals, cause we submit our kids profiles to Scout. We send in their info and get them listed, but when they go to the regional Scout combine (they go) that information is replaced with the official (accurate) data from the combine. The combine data is accurate and not inflated. So unless you want to look like a total tool you ought not submit bogus times, heights, and weights because they will immediately change them.

Can't speak for rivals, cause we submit our kids profiles to Scout. We send in their info and get them listed, but when they go to the regional Scout combine (they go) that information is replaced with the official (accurate) data from the combine. The combine data is accurate and not inflated. So unless you want to look like a total tool you ought not submit bogus times, heights, and weights because they will immediately change them.

Yeah, I think the times are starting to get more realistic and it's probably from things like this. I remember reading on here a couple years ago things like "the kid has a 4.6 40, that's too slow for DB in the Big 10". It's a running joke on here too, but there is also a vast difference between hand timed and electronic that really does account for a lot of the inaccuracies.

Bob_Loblaw said:
Yeah, I think the times are starting to get more realistic and it's probably from things like this. I remember reading on here a couple years ago things like "the kid has a 4.6 40, that's too slow for DB in the Big 10". It's a running joke on here too, but there is also a vast difference between hand timed and electronic that really does account for a lot of the inaccuracies.

Brookins was electronically timed - so do you have a problem with that???

Actually he was.....I thought I blocked you? You're always wrong.

Actually, he wasn't. He doesn't run an electronically timed 40 yard dash that fast. You're free to think he does, but you are wrong if that is the case.

dpodoll68 said:
Actually, he wasn't. He doesn't run an electronically timed 40 yard dash that fast. You're free to think he does, but you are wrong if that is the case.

Why can't I block this fool??? Gopherhole Admins help!

Brookins was electronically timed

How do you know? Also, does anyone know if electronically timed 40 times account for reaction time or do they somehow start on motion?

10 years ago they started when your hand lifted off a sensor. Not sure if that has changed with new technology in that time. Hand healed started on first movement no matter where it occurred.

It was hand timed, Ryan Burns who tweeted that confirmed it. Still probably ran in the 4.5's legitimately...maybe.

Top Bottom