K. Whaley police report from Scottsdale New Year's Eve

Classic. Is he wearing a wife-beater? At least he was 21 this time. Is going to get send back to Virginia this time?

Can we just be rid of this guy?

If ever there was a guy aching to be kicked off the team and out of school it is this guy. This is at least his third incident "publically reported" Don't care if he is fast or could help, this Whaley guy need's to go away, he is not worth the trouble he keeps getting himself into. Isn't he on probation in MN for assault? This would be a clear violation of that probation. If this arrest is true and it look's legitimate, the UMPD or Hennepin county SD will be paying him a visit soon.

Ugh, I never thought we'd have more arrests than TDs in Arizona.

There goes Doogie with the false reporting again......

It clearly states he was arrested on New Years Day. ;)

Just trying to input a little humor into the situation......

I will trust Brewster's decision, but if he keeps him, Whaley better not even look at me wrong in my upper level row 19 seats.

like I said in the other Whaley thread, could do without his extra curriculars.

Boot him now! He nowhere near good enough to deal with this constant headache.

on another note, I see I'm up to 25 posts. Praise and adoration to me???

I would think that this would be the last straw with Whaley. Hard to support keeping this guy around in light of his history.

The best is the last line in the details section:

Whaley is a player for the Minnesota Golden Gophers college football team.

Who says its only the local press tryna bring us down?

not that it really matters but out of curiosity does anyone else know the players he was in the club with?

Well, I have no problem with Brewster tossing this kid from the football team.

Doogie

Do you think this will be it for bad news out of the Gophers trip to the desert or are there more police reports yet to be made public?

Boot him now! He nowhere near good enough to deal with this constant headache.

I know in real life it doesn't work that way, but Brewster and/or Maturi shouldn't be deciding based on how good he is. Not sure where their line is, but if Whaley crossed it, that should be it.

I would be surprised if he's back next year. Sounds like he needed football more than we needed him. He's already been shot and arrest twice in 2 years. When Whaley signed with us I think his mom made a comment to the effect that he needed a change of scenery to help keep him out of trouble. Imagine if this kid went to college around his home?

I believe this incident was mentioned by someone on this board on 1/1. A tip of the cap to them (I forget their name). To the poster with the inside info, feel free to post some positive stuff once in a while and not just people getting arrested or kicked off the team.

I know in real life it doesn't work that way, but Brewster and/or Maturi shouldn't be deciding based on how good he is. Not sure where their line is, but if Whaley crossed it, that should be it.

In real life, it certainly does work that way. If you are a top notch surgeon or lawyer, you are definitely given much more leaway than medical assistant or law clerk.

I'm not saying that as a way to argue for keeping Whaley, I hope we toss his him off the team.

I will keep him under two stipulations:

1.) No drinking;
2.) No clubbing, for the duration of his Gopher career.

And he definitely needs to be suspended for several games next year. That is my view of the "lightest acceptable punishment." If he's gone, I am perfectly satisfied with that outcome, as well.

He's a goner.

He has asked from release from his scholarship and Brewster granted it. BAM. cya

I guess we shouldn't be too surprised, getting shot when you're out on the town before you come to college is never a good sign.

Well apparently the practice of handling the issues internally has not been a deterrent at all to several of these athletes. I guess Brewster may have to stiffen his punishment beyond a few wind sprints for some of these guys to get the message.

There seems to be a double standard occurring among Gophers fans regarding issues within the U of M's athletic department, and it is quite obvious. With multiple allegations against Royce White and a sketchy past (expulsion from De La Salle), many people are saying, after each allegation surfaces, that he should be given a second and third chances, and Tubby should be able to turn him into a good young man. Fans are saying that he needs guidance not only to be able to get through the tough times and play basketball for the Gophers, but he needs guidance to secure a better future.

The response by fans to the allegations against Kevin Whaley seems to be more harsh and critical of not only Mr. Whaley, but Coach Brewster as well. One person posted that he has three strikes and needs to be out and off the team, and multiple other posters have said he should be kicked off the team. There seems to be very little forgiveness toward Kevin. Can't Coach Brewster or the running back's coach take him under his wing and secure a better future for him? Shouldn't we take care of him and brighten his future by helping him with his decision making? Shouldn't we give him another chance? This is certainly what people have been saying about Royce White.

In my opinion the reason many people have thought of Royce and his situation in this way is because of his potential impact on the team. He would provide inside help to the Gophers team and could give them a much needed boost in the Big Ten or NCAA tournament if he would join the team. Whaley could be relatively easy to replace, and I believe that this contributes to the fact that people are so willing to kick him off the team. If Whaley was a Heisman candidate or a Big Ten Offensive MVP-caliber player, then the response would be completely different by the fans.

Decisions made by the university regarding the status of student athletes should be independent of what they can contribute on the field.

What a clown, good riddance.

There seems to be a double standard occurring among Gophers fans regarding issues within the U of M's athletic department, and it is quite obvious. With multiple allegations against Royce White and a sketchy past (expulsion from De La Salle), many people are saying, after each allegation surfaces, that he should be given a second and third chances, and Tubby should be able to turn him into a good young man. Fans are saying that he needs guidance not only to be able to get through the tough times and play basketball for the Gophers, but he needs guidance to secure a better future.

The response by fans to the allegations against Kevin Whaley seems to be more harsh and critical of not only Mr. Whaley, but Coach Brewster as well. One person posted that he has three strikes and needs to be out and off the team, and multiple other posters have said he should be kicked off the team. There seems to be very little forgiveness toward Kevin. Can't Coach Brewster or the running back's coach take him under his wing and secure a better future for him? Shouldn't we take care of him and brighten his future by helping him with his decision making? Shouldn't we give him another chance? This is certainly what people have been saying about Royce White.

In my opinion the reason many people have thought of Royce and his situation in this way is because of his potential impact on the team. He would provide inside help to the Gophers team and could give them a much needed boost in the Big Ten or NCAA tournament if he would join the team. Whaley could be relatively easy to replace, and I believe that this contributes to the fact that people are so willing to kick him off the team. If Whaley was a Heisman candidate or a Big Ten Offensive MVP-caliber player, then the response would be completely different by the fans.

Decisions made by the university regarding the status of student athletes should be independent of what they can contribute on the field.

He asked for his release. Genius.

Top Bottom