Just Embrace It

No, I meant what should the team's goal be at the beginning of the season?

At the beginning of the 2021 season, the goal was to beat Ohio State. In my opinion, that was exactly the right goal.

If you were coach of the Gophers, what would you have told them the goal was after the Bowling Green loss?

We’d still be behind 2 loss Ohio St, Georgia and Alabama if GA and Alabama each lost twice because they won’t have a loss to bowling green. Cincinnati would be ahead of us. Oregon we could conceivably pass.

We’d have split with tOSU, but their other loss would be to Oregon, so they should be ahead of us. But does 1 loss MSU stay ahead of us? Possibly. Not to mention a plethora of other teams without an awful loss.

There is 0% chance the gophers make the CFP. If I’m wrong I’ll donate $1000 to the children’s hospital.

Do the selectors use criteria that are:

• 100% objective
• 100% Subjective
• Both objective and subjective?

Is it hypothetically possible that, with some selectors, a team's chances get weighted, say, 95% in their favor for winning a B1G championship?

Does anyone here know to any level of detail what each selectors' criteria are?

I'd be interested to hear other posters' opinions on this.

Do the selectors use criteria that are:

• 100% objective
• 100% Subjective
• Both objective and subjective?

Is it hypothetically possible that, with some selectors, a team's chances get weighted, say, 95% in their favor for winning a B1G championship?

Does anyone here know to any level of detail what each selectors' criteria are?

I'd be interested to hear other posters' opinions on this.
I think it’s similar to the NCAA men’s basketball tourney where it’s a combination of stats (wins, losses, quality of wins, etc) and then whoever the committee likes based on watching games. Obviously not all wins and losses are created equal

The "Golden" Gophers[edit]​

The University Mascot is derived from a nickname for the state of Minnesota, "The Gopher State." The original design was based on the thirteen-lined ground squirrel. The state nickname derives from a political cartoon by R. O. Sweeny, published as a broadside in 1858. The cartoon depicted state legislators as gophers dragging the state in the wrong direction.[13] The nickname was associated with the university as early as the publication of the first yearbook in 1888, which was titled "The Gopher".[14] Other early yearbooks included depictions of gophers as well, and the University of Minnesota football coach Clarence Spears officially named the football team the Gophers in 1926.[15] After the radio announcer Halsey Hall began referring to the team as the Golden Gophers due to the color of their uniforms, the team was renamed under coach Bernie Bierman.

Need to rename the team. What recruit wants to be a bucked tooth little rodent?

Agreed, and I would add especially this year it's a confidence backed up by the feeling that we are finally on par with Iowa, Wisconsin and not just hopeful we will win if some breaks go our way.
What are you smoking😛

Top Bottom