Just don’t have the talent to compete

Have any of our Gopher teams been that much better than Fleck’s 2016 WMU team? And we in year 6…..Even including 2019, we were great n all but both teams lost to Wisconsin pretty evenly. I love Fleck. Want him to be here forever n all that but just feels like we hit our ceiling. obviously just get harder with restructuring and USC/UCLA getting better. Until we could get real talent and not just glorified MAC players we will stay as is. Illinois just beat us at our own game. With better players………. Anywho. Anyone have any tickets to the Northwestern game they trying to get rid of??? I already booked my flight and hotel lol.
Overreaction holy crap

PJ is in year 6 and this team has stayed flat or regressed for the last 3 seasons. Bieliema is in year 2 of a significantly more challenging rebuild than what PJ faced, and he already has Illinois in the driver’s seat for the West title. Very disappointing we’ll never see a division title and really, won’t ever see the top quarter of the conference once divisions go away.
Regional divisions should not go away - terrible idea. Move NW over to the East and add both USC and UCLA to the West (they are pretty far west, anyway). There would then be more balance between the West and East, although none of that bodes well for Minnesota.

If the HS recruiting is not gong to pick up, then the Gophers need to hit the Portal hard - I mean hard!

Need more speed at every position, but especially WR.

that is the #1 need in the portal -a WR who can create separation. this is where NIL can make a difference. If they have to pay for players, then they have to come up with the money somewhere.

If I had to rate our issues they would be:
1. O-line
2. D-line
3. Receivers
The secondary wasn't within a zip code of the receivers. That was stunning to me. The Illinois receivers are nothing to write home about, and we played way off them all game. I'm still stunned by this. Just stunned.

PJs recruiting isn’t great, but- he’s been thoroughly out-coached by Brohm and Bielema… The talent isn’t great, but- the actual game plans and in game coaching sucks…
Stop with Brohm outcoaching crap. Minnesota lost last week by missing a chip field goal and dropping an easy td that resulted in an int. That isn’t coaching.

Clearly CAB was our best receiver and probably the only NFL caliber one on the roster. Need to work in BSF way more often without CAB.

Can win without nfl caliber receivers just catch open balls. Can do it at high school level
The ones we have don’t do that consistently. Do agree we don’t need NFL quality receivers but we do need some better ones.

If the HS recruiting is not gong to pick up, then the Gophers need to hit the Portal hard - I mean hard!

Need more speed at every position, but especially WR.

that is the #1 need in the portal -a WR who can create separation. this is where NIL can make a difference. If they have to pay for players, then they have to come up with the money somewhere.
Where is the NIL money going to com from. Gophers may have some of the worst booster and fan support in the Big Ten

Where is the NIL money going to com from. Gophers may have some of the worst booster and fan support in the Big Ten
With no Vikings, Twins, Wild, or timberwolves......there would be a boatload of money.

That's the quandary we are in. With never winning big, we are a complete afthought in this town.

With no Vikings, Twins, Wild, or timberwolves......there would be a boatload of money.

That's the quandary we are in. With never winning big, we are a complete afthought in this town.
That may help get you more small money donations. The main problem is Minnesota doesn’t have big money boosters like so many other programs. The Big money boosters aren’t holding back donations because of having to pay for wild tickets, the problem is Minnesota doesn’t have those boosters

That may help get you more small money donations. The main problem is Minnesota doesn’t have big money boosters like so many other programs. The Big money boosters aren’t holding back donations because of having to pay for wild tickets, the problem is Minnesota doesn’t have those boosters
If we were the only game in town, it would be completely different. An Iowa City or Madison vibe with way more boosters.

If we were the only game in town, it would be completely different. An Iowa City or Madison vibe with way more boosters.
Many of those big boosters of those programs don’t live in the same city or even state of the university. Minnesota also overall has a bigger population pool to pull from if you want to talk about local populations. They just don’t have the big money boosters

Top Bottom