JP Macura commits to Xavier

But I do believe the number one reason JP is going to X is playing time right away. He mentioned it in almost all of his interviews.

I'll ask again...why would someone choose Xavier over Minnesota if their primary concern is immediate playing time?

We have quite a few wings that could limit his playing time. If Mathieu or McNeil play well this year they could start at PG with Dre at SG. Then we still have Wally, Buggs, Oto and probably at least one other wing in the 2014 class.

I'll ask again...why would someone choose Xavier over Minnesota if their primary concern is immediate playing time?

J.P. Macura: Distance isn’t that big of a factor. Just feeling comfortable with the coaches and talking to them about having the opportunity to play right away. That is one of the main things. Creighton and Xavier said that and Minnesota, if I work hard. It is just going to be a hard decision because I think that I can come in and play right away at all those schools.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/bo...phers-Football-Game-Says-Decision-Coming-Soon

Seems pretty obvious to me, if he really did turn down the U, that he thought he had a better chance to play right away at Xavier. It could be because Andre Hollins will most likely play a lot of SG (JP's position) his senior year and is one of the best guards in the big ten and country.

We have quite a few wings that could limit his playing time. If Mathieu or McNeil play well this year they could start at PG with Dre at SG. Then we still have Wally, Buggs, Oto and probably at least one other wing in the 2014 class.

Not knowing a ton about Xavier's team, I will go out on a limb and say that in two years Xavier will have more competition for a wing spot than competing with Wally and McNeil. At a quick glance 2 of the top 3 scorers for Xavier were underclassmen last year. I don't consider Buggs or Oto wings, mainly because they are not.

Well, when someone TWEETS an "I heard", it's typically rumor mongering.

Not knowing a ton about Xavier's team, I will go out on a limb and say that in two years Xavier will have more competition for a wing spot than competing with Wally and McNeil. At a quick glance 2 of the top 3 scorers for Xavier were underclassmen last year. I don't consider Buggs or Oto wings, mainly because they are not.

What about Dre? Good chance Mathieu is the starting PG as a senior pushing Dre to SG. The definition of a wing is generally anyone that can play the 2 or the 3 position. Until Buggs and Oto show any semblance of a low post game, they are most definitely in the mix for playing time at the 3.

What about Dre? Good chance Mathieu is the starting PG as a senior pushing Dre to SG. The definition of a wing is generally anyone that can play the 2 or the 3 position. Until Buggs and Oto show any semblance of a low post game, they are most definitely in the mix for playing time at the 3.

Dre starts at the sg of course. Immediate playing time doesn't necessarily mean you have to be a starter. However, even if he is referring to being a starter I'd think he'd have a good chance here. If not, he'll have a tough time anywhere. That's what I was trying to get across. As far as Buggs, I've only seen him play exhibition games so I won't comment too much, but I'm thinking he's a PF in this system for sure. If Oto doesn't show any semblance of low post game, he should find himself on the bench because he proven through two years that he certainly isn't a B1G wing.

JP's commit to Xavier was like a hit to the gut. I thought that we had a good chance to land him. A devastating loss. I am very disappointed that we as a member of the big ten have to hire a coach with little to no experiance and think in our wildest dreams that he will be able to recruit and coach against good well qualified coaches in the Big ten and across the nation. It takes players to compete and winning programs to recruit. We need to land better than average recruiits keep them for four years coach them up and try to build a winning program. One of those types of recruits was JP. We keep swinging for the fence and strike out. BAD NEWS! for Gopher nation, but we are rubs that keep believing we will get the next guy. I am losing hope. With Otto & Buggs as our power forward's for next year (BUCKLE's who) I was hoping that the stories of RP's great recruiting would help turn the program. All we can do is wait on the next guy?

JP's commit to Xavier was like a hit to the gut. I thought that we had a good chance to land him. A devastating loss. I am very disappointed that we as a member of the big ten have to hire a coach with little to no experiance and think in our wildest dreams that he will be able to recruit and coach against good well qualified coaches in the Big ten and across the nation. It takes players to compete and winning programs to recruit. We need to land better than average recruiits keep them for four years coach them up and try to build a winning program. One of those types of recruits was JP. We keep swinging for the fence and strike out. BAD NEWS! for Gopher nation, but we are rubs that keep believing we will get the next guy. I am losing hope. With Otto & Buggs as our power forward's for next year (BUCKLE's who) I was hoping that the stories of RP's great recruiting would help turn the program. All we can do is wait on the next guy?

An let the Pitino bashing commence. Zero games into his coaching tenure. Unbelievable.

This is an April Fools joke right? Xavier OMG. If this is the best decision this kid has ever made he must have led a very sheltered life.

I was hopeful the giving up on Pitino would at least wait until after the first loss to happen.

I gave up being "hopeful" when Coach Pitino was announced as our new coach, and there already giver uppers here.

Kid's an idiot. By that I mean he is not smart. As in stupid.

Bleeping Xavier? You leave for Duke or Stanford or Kansas. But not trashy, ghetto Xavier.

Top Bottom