Josh Ogelsby to visit Minnesota Thursday

Coleman, Tyler, Moats and either Travis would be a pretty good recruiting class. Obviously we will have 2-3 scholarships available.

As far as I am aware of, Coleman and Tyler already have offers, while the coaching staff is looking pretty hard at Moats. I thought i heard Moats got an offer but dont quote me there.

I dont know much about either Ross Travis or Jonah Travis, I think they are both SFs 6-6 or 6-7 but that is all i know.

IMO i would love to see a Tyler, Coleman, Moats recruiting class

I love Winona! Hometown baby!!! Go Warriors!!!

The "None" next to the school name means no scholarship offer. This exhaustive list only means this kid has cooperated with Rivals and passed along every university that so much as sent him a letter, which we all know doesn't necessarily mean there is mutual "Interest." 90 percent of kids that play Division II received a letter from a Division I school at some point. Just imagine how many Division I prospects get!

He's playing well in spring AAU events. Lots of schools are recruiting him as a result.

Ignore the Rivals offer list. Nothing more pathetic on the Internet than Rivals.

"Are there any Royce White (minus the baggage)/Sam Jacobson/Khalid El-Amin/Joel Przybilla/Cole Aldrich truly national-type talents (read: the biggest of big boys will want them) coming up the pike in Minnesota the next 2-3 years? "

SS, right now I would say unfortunately you have to go all the way down to Tyus Jones for a can't miss, sure thing, top 30 national recruit from Minnesota. Now that can obviously change because there are some very talented kids including a couple who could make that big jump in the 2011, 2012, and 2013 classes, but Tyus is the only sure thing I can think of.

The 2011 class has a chance to be the deepest in Minnesota histroy and send more kids to D1 schools than ever before, but it lacks the star power at top. Alot of very talented kids but none that don't have some serious questions about there game that will keep them from rising to the national scene like the kids you mentioned.

Joe Coleman may have the highest ceiling but until he developes a consistant jump shot, he will be a fringe top 100 guy, Estan Tyler is very talented and I wouldn't mind him as a Gopher but won't get national attention, Shelby Moats may have the most offers and is a skilled 6'8 kid who can shoot, but I hear alot of the same concerns with him that people had with Noreen. Ross Travis may be the most closely watched kid by colleges as he has the body and size and alot of talent, but so far injuries have plagued his high school career and he has to stay healthy for a long period of time and then we may see his true potential. He may have a chance with a breakout summer to have some big schools come after him. Jonah Travis, who I heard was Ross cousin, is also very skilled and a bull inside but like Bjorklund, he would need to grow a couple more inches and then his recruitment could explode. then there are alot of mid-major type kids like Marvin Singleton, Marcus Alipate, Jake White, Roosevelt Scott, Thomas Schalk, Jordan Smith, Kyle Noreen, Alex Richter, Marquel Curtis, Freddie Young, and Eric Robertson to name a few.

2012 actually has some really storng kids at the top but it is yet to be seen if any can make that next jump to top 50 national recruit.

My favorite player from this class is Isiah Zierdon, who I would love to see as a Gopher, but I know others question his athleticism and size. I think he has a chance to land some bigger offers, especially if he keeps up his play this summer for Pulley. His teammate at Benilde, 6'7 Kyle Washington is a prospect some people just love, but right now he is really skinny and raw, but he is long and athletic and looks alot like Damien. Time will tell on this kid but like DJ, may be a late bloomer with a high ceiling. Syani Chambers at Hopkins is a kid everyone knows because he has been at Hopkins several years already. His size is one concern. My other favorite player from this class is Joey King from Eastview, 6'7 SF who can shoot from deep yet handle himself in the post. Missed most of last year as a transfer but put up big numbers when he played. He will be hurt nationally because he plays AAU ball for a small program called Southside that doesn't do much outside of the region, but this kid can play and willbe on the radar for Big Ten schools including MN. The kid with the most natural ability is Duluth East guard Johnny Woodard. Jury still out, some think he pads stats against weaker northern competition like Starks, but others think he could be a potential pro. I've seen him look amazing and then the next time he was an out of control, ball hog with an attitude. He has alot of skill and sounds like he's doing well this summer for Pulley and could have a chance to get some pretty big offers but needs to clean up his game.

2013 has two kids I know of with a chance. One name that is gaining alot of buzz is Tartan guard Darrion Strong. He started last year as a freshman for Tartan, strong, athletic, quick, built alot like Westbrook as a junior. Moved from Chicago two years ago. If he adds a consistant jump shot, look out. The other is a project who didn't play varisty at Eastview but at a legit 7 Foot and athletic, Carson Shanks may be the next chance for a legit true center from Minnesota. Still a long ways to go with this kid though.

Of course 2014 brings the two 8th graders in Jones and Theissen at Osseo.

"Are there any Royce White (minus the baggage)/Sam Jacobson/Khalid El-Amin/Joel Przybilla/Cole Aldrich truly national-type talents (read: the biggest of big boys will want them) coming up the pike in Minnesota the next 2-3 years? "

SS, right now I would say unfortunately you have to go all the way down to Tyus Jones for a can't miss, sure thing, top 30 national recruit from Minnesota. Now that can obviously change because there are some very talented kids including a couple who could make that big jump in the 2011, 2012, and 2013 classes, but Tyus is the only sure thing I can think of.

The 2011 class has a chance to be the deepest in Minnesota histroy and send more kids to D1 schools than ever before, but it lacks the star power at top. Alot of very talented kids but none that don't have some serious questions about there game that will keep them from rising to the national scene like the kids you mentioned.

Joe Coleman may have the highest ceiling but until he developes a consistant jump shot, he will be a fringe top 100 guy, Estan Tyler is very talented and I wouldn't mind him as a Gopher but won't get national attention, Shelby Moats may have the most offers and is a skilled 6'8 kid who can shoot, but I hear alot of the same concerns with him that people had with Noreen. Ross Travis may be the most closely watched kid by colleges as he has the body and size and alot of talent, but so far injuries have plagued his high school career and he has to stay healthy for a long period of time and then we may see his true potential. He may have a chance with a breakout summer to have some big schools come after him. Jonah Travis, who I heard was Ross cousin, is also very skilled and a bull inside but like Bjorklund, he would need to grow a couple more inches and then his recruitment could explode. then there are alot of mid-major type kids like Marvin Singleton, Marcus Alipate, Jake White, Roosevelt Scott, Thomas Schalk, Jordan Smith, Kyle Noreen, Alex Richter, Marquel Curtis, Freddie Young, and Eric Robertson to name a few.

2012 actually has some really storng kids at the top but it is yet to be seen if any can make that next jump to top 50 national recruit.

My favorite player from this class is Isiah Zierdon, who I would love to see as a Gopher, but I know others question his athleticism and size. I think he has a chance to land some bigger offers, especially if he keeps up his play this summer for Pulley. His teammate at Benilde, 6'7 Kyle Washington is a prospect some people just love, but right now he is really skinny and raw, but he is long and athletic and looks alot like Damien. Time will tell on this kid but like DJ, may be a late bloomer with a high ceiling. Syani Chambers at Hopkins is a kid everyone knows because he has been at Hopkins several years already. His size is one concern. My other favorite player from this class is Joey King from Eastview, 6'7 SF who can shoot from deep yet handle himself in the post. Missed most of last year as a transfer but put up big numbers when he played. He will be hurt nationally because he plays AAU ball for a small program called Southside that doesn't do much outside of the region, but this kid can play and willbe on the radar for Big Ten schools including MN. The kid with the most natural ability is Duluth East guard Johnny Woodard. Jury still out, some think he pads stats against weaker northern competition like Starks, but others think he could be a potential pro. I've seen him look amazing and then the next time he was an out of control, ball hog with an attitude. He has alot of skill and sounds like he's doing well this summer for Pulley and could have a chance to get some pretty big offers but needs to clean up his game.

2013 has two kids I know of with a chance. One name that is gaining alot of buzz is Tartan guard Darrion Strong. He started last year as a freshman for Tartan, strong, athletic, quick, built alot like Westbrook as a junior. Moved from Chicago two years ago. If he adds a consistant jump shot, look out. The other is a project who didn't play varisty at Eastview but at a legit 7 Foot and athletic, Carson Shanks may be the next chance for a legit true center from Minnesota. Still a long ways to go with this kid though.

Of course 2014 brings the two 8th graders in Jones and Theissen at Osseo.

What are your thoughts on Riley Dearing? I know he had huge expectations and likley won't completely reach them, but even if he falls short he could still potentially end up a low 4-star, unless you think differently. From what I've seen he seems very skilled all around with a good looking shot and good, but not great athleticism. He also seems like a very hard worker. Any thoughts on him?

Yea seriously. No Riley Dearring? A 6'4" freshman playing 6th man for a loaded Hopkins state championship team? A kid at his age/size would be a post, yet he has good ball handling defensive monster, good looking shot, and will likely grow taller and stronger. Plus he can dunk just as well as Rodney could when he was a freshman. Give him a couple summers with pulley, working out, and advice from NBA cousin caron butler and he will be a 4 to 5 star recruit. I don't see how a kid who has been contacted by kansas isn't on your 2013 list.

Yea seriously. No Riley Dearring? A 6'4" freshman playing 6th man for a loaded Hopkins state championship team? A kid at his age/size would be a post, yet he has good ball handling defensive monster, good looking shot, and will likely grow taller and stronger. Plus he can dunk just as well as Rodney could when he was a freshman. Give him a couple summers with pulley, working out, and advice from NBA cousin caron butler and he will be a 4 to 5 star recruit. I don't see how a kid who has been contacted by kansas isn't on your 2013 list.

He threw out a lot of names, I'm sure Dearing just slipped his mind at the time, no biggie. I disagree on him being able to dunk like Rodney could, but he is a very skilled player with very good size and with his work ethic (he at least appears to have a good one, obviously don't know for sure though) I would have to think that he will turn out to be a very good player and likely 4-star. We will see though.

He threw out a lot of names, I'm sure Dearing just slipped his mind at the time, no biggie. I disagree on him being able to dunk like Rodney could, but he is a very skilled player with very good size and with his work ethic (he at least appears to have a good one, obviously don't know for sure though) I would have to think that he will turn out to be a very good player and likely 4-star. We will see though.

Dearring can throw down. I was saying he can dunk as well as rodney could at the same age. Obvisosly Rodney wasnt doing 360 dunks as a 6'4" freshman.

By the sounds of Johnny's post, we are going to need to bring in a lot of out of state kids over the next few years, but that was certainly part of why Tubby was brought here.

I did forget Riley but I would strongly disagree with the above posts that he is a guarantee 4/5 star recruit. Riley has a long ways to go, the early hype was pretty unfair to him as now expectations are pretty high and I don't know if he is good enough to reach them, and Rodney was a freak dunker as a freshman.

Thank you, JG. Every time some idiot like millions2spare starts to dominate the posts, I wonder why I waste my time. Posters like you (and quite a few others) make me realize I've got to have some garbage to get the value.

I did forget Riley but I would strongly disagree with the above posts that he is a guarantee 4/5 star recruit. Riley has a long ways to go, the early hype was pretty unfair to him as now expectations are pretty high and I don't know if he is good enough to reach them, and Rodney was a freak dunker as a freshman.

Thanks for the input. I wasn't sure about the 4-star projection I was just kind of guessing. High 3-star to low 4-star certainly seems within reach to me, but I've only seen him play a few times so I could very well be wrong. Nontheless I like his game and would love to see him in a Gopher uniform when that time comes.

Back to the original topic here....Oglesby picked up a Boston College offer. So, in addition to the mid-majors, he now has standing offers from Arizona State and Boston College. He visits Minnesota and Notre Dame this week.

Back to the original topic here....Oglesby picked up a Boston College offer. So, in addition to the mid-majors, he now has standing offers from Arizona State and Boston College. He visits Minnesota and Notre Dame this week.

Thats why you can't completely judge a younger player by offers. One minute they might only have a few mid-major offers and then before you know it they might have a handful of high-major offers. Sounds like he might be a decent player.

This isn't possible. BGF told us not to waste our time on this mid major talent and BGF never misses. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom