Josh Heupel to interview with Brew for OC position

dpodoll68,

I sent you a private message. Check your PM's inbox. I am almost positive we know each other.

As far as the comment that a poster made that "Josh is a D Bag". Nothing could be further from the truth.

hey dpo, someone in another thread mentioned that Heupel is a d bag. With your connection to him, do you know anything about his alleged d bag-ness? I'd rather keep those types off the team.

I haven't talked to him personally in 10-12 years, so I can't say for sure what he is like now. But back then, he was a real grounded, upstanding guy. This was before he was "kind of a big deal", though. A lot of people let that go to their head. I don't know if that's the case with him, but I haven't heard anything to give me that impression.

I'd guess Heupel would use this job as a stepping point, but that's fine with me. If he leaves that means he's accomplished something while he was here. Just look at Fis... Nevermind.

Heupel would be a great choice. Really would. I really think that we are trying to emulate a form of Oklahoma's offense and to bring in their QB coach to run our offense would be outstanding.

Not to mention the guy still has name recognition as a former Heisman Trophy runner up QB, All-American, National Champion, AP Player of the Year, Walter Camp Award winner, etc.......

I would be excited about this hire.

The Ravens dumped their full staff last 2 years ago and there were some great offensive minds on that team.

My son competed against Josh and I know his HS coaches. He is a 1st class guy and a football junkie. The only problem I see, is that he takes us to a good offensive pgm.in a couple of yrs. and we're looking again. But if you are going to get good young people this is what will happen.

My son competed against Josh and I know his HS coaches. He is a 1st class guy and a football junkie. The only problem I see, is that he takes us to a good offensive pgm.in a couple of yrs. and we're looking again. But if you are going to get good young people this is what will happen.

Thanks for the take. Nice to get some perspective from someone who knows of his background and character.

As far as I'm concerned, if we have a solid offense for two years and takes off for better opportunities, so be it. At least we'll have had a solid offense for two years.

Maybe he'll make our offense so good that Brewster gets a job somewhere else and he can be our head coach.

If Meidt is still looking for something, and Heupel is indeed interested, perhaps we can have Heupel as the OC and hire Meidt as an assistant head coach or assistant OC. That way if Heupel does move on, Meidt would be ready to step in. Of course, this requires both Heupel and Meidt to buy in.

Heupel accepted the OC job last year and then backed out the next morning. There really would be no need to interview him as you already offered him the job one year ago. If he is back in the picture, and I have no desire to try to find out after getting burned last time, then I would think they would keep it extremely quiet until everyone is for sure and it's official.

Heupel accepted the OC job last year and then backed out the next morning. There really would be no need to interview him as you already offered him the job one year ago. If he is back in the picture, and I have no desire to try to find out after getting burned last time, then I would think they would keep it extremely quiet until everyone is for sure and it's official.

Thanks for the little tidbit JG! This is the first time I'd heard this...puts the "kill shot" comment in a new light since it looks like Brew was right to think he had Heupel lined up.

Before someone points out this isn't verified I'd like to say, yep, its not. But Johnny has a good track record on this stuff.

Top Bottom