Jonathan Celestin commits to Gophers!

Quite the grammatical wizard we have on our staff. Although perhaps he was recruiting kids that work in a coal mine, and it was a play on words.

Or it's because the D and E are right next to each other on a keyboard. Or his phone autocorrected. You're right though, he's probably just stupid :rolleyes:

Or it's because the D and E are right next to each other on a keyboard. Or his phone autocorrected. You're right though, he's probably just stupid :rolleyes:

Perhaps he just likes the song "I Me Mine", by the Beatles / Harrison?

Psh I did that in one year. Damn dining hall buffet style meals.

I don't think it's easy at all. Most players struggle to add weight at that age as metabolism is very high. Still, our defense is loosely based on TCU's and they are known for finding talented tweeners & using them as hybrid LB's. Celestin could be that type of player. Aslo, there's no rush. We can afford to red-shirt him, then bring along slowly as he learns behind Poock, Laster, Wipson, Dixon, et al. We need him to still be on the team, know the system & ready to play when he's a r-Jr.

Quite the grammatical wizard we have on our staff. Although perhaps he was recruiting kids that work in a coal mine, and it was a play on words.

What's funny is that YOU are the wizard. Spelling is not part of grammar.

It is not just straight line speed that keeps kids from playing safety. Coop was one of the fastest guys on the team, but he could not change directions and play in the open field like a safety needs to play. No idea if Celestin is flexible enough to play safety but I would think the odds are that he is not if they had him playing LB in high school.Might be nice to have a tweener to play against teams like Iowa, Wisky, and MSU.

Yep, you're 100% right. It's not the straight line speed as much as it is the hip flexibility and just the ability to move in space.

I've always thought that a tweener playing LBer is good against the spread teams, more so than the power running teams. So I suppose a tweener at S would make sense against the run dominant teams.

Top Bottom