JohnnyGopher or any recruiting guru

goldygo4

Reaction score
What can you tell me about Jean Pierre Tokoto from Wisconsin? I know we have offered him but is there any shot we will land him? People are talking about this kid like he could be the greatest player to ever come out of Wisconsin, and he's only a sophomore.

I would never count Tubby out on a recruit, but at this point the belief of many is that he will either decide to stay close to home and go to Wisconsin or Marquette, or he will go to a big-time program such as Duke or North Carolina.

I would never count Tubby out on a recruit, but at this point the belief of many is that he will either decide to stay close to home and go to Wisconsin or Marquette, or he will go to a big-time program such as Duke or North Carolina.

He will likely have a final 5 schools similar to Harrison Barnes.

He is an unreal athlete. Has grown about 2-3 inches in less than a year I think. I think of him as the whole package. Can handle the ball on the break, slashes, greatly improved jumpshot, underrated onball defender, great off ball defender, but best of all he has the leaping ability of Rodney Williams. That is not an understatement either. Got a chance to watch him play tonight while I was in Milwaukee for the weekend. Bo Ryan was in attendence.

Also, Minnesota is pursing another Wisconsin recruit by the name of Cimmeon Bowers from Nicolet High School in Milwaukee. 6-8 PF who has had his stock rise over the past year. Actually got a chance to coach him 2 years ago. Very physical, can shoot the midrange, great footwork downlow, and uses his body well.

Wanted to just say hey to everyone on the board and am glad to FINALLY be a part of it after reading for years!

Tokoto is an outstanding prospect, from a basketball perspective and from a more general perspective. Everything I have ever read about him is that he is a great kid and a very hard worker. On top of that, he is a great athlete whose basketball skills are getting better quickly. He may very well turn into the best prospect ever to come out of Wisconsin, he's certainly the state's most recruited sophomore in a long, long time (maybe ever). I would agree with the above poster, in that I don't think Minnesota has much of a chance. I would expect his top 5 to be UW, Marquette, Kansas, Duke and UNC. Here is an article from this morning's Milwaukee newspaper:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/preps/76708017.html

He is an unreal athlete. Has grown about 2-3 inches in less than a year I think. I think of him as the whole package. Can handle the ball on the break, slashes, greatly improved jumpshot, underrated onball defender, great off ball defender, but best of all he has the leaping ability of Rodney Williams. That is not an understatement either. Got a chance to watch him play tonight while I was in Milwaukee for the weekend. Bo Ryan was in attendence.

Also, Minnesota is pursing another Wisconsin recruit by the name of Cimmeon Bowers from Nicolet High School in Milwaukee. 6-8 PF who has had his stock rise over the past year. Actually got a chance to coach him 2 years ago. Very physical, can shoot the midrange, great footwork downlow, and uses his body well.

Wanted to just say hey to everyone on the board and am glad to FINALLY be a part of it after reading for years!

No offense, but have you seen both players play in person? Although Tokoto is a great player and a great athlete, I don't think his leaping ability compares to Rodney's.

Yeah I have actually and yes he does. I have seen Rodney play since his sophmore year and first watched Tokoto when he started playing summer league for Falls 2 years ago. I knew I was going to be doubted right away on this board. People just seem to have such bias and arrogant tones on here!

Not cool that you have to be an insider on ESPN to read evaluations now.

I am not sure I would get real excited about the Bowers recruitment. Bowers apparently left Nicolet HS after his sophomore year to attend a prep school out east. I do not recall all the details, but I believe he left that prep school shortly after classes began in the fall for a different prep school. As far as I know, he is now back at Nicolet, but I do not believe he is eligible. He is not listed in the box score from their season-opening game on Friday.

Welcome to the board! I always get so excited when a reader becomes a poster...beware, it's kind of addicting ;). Great 1st post - it looks like you'll be able to share a lot of your knowledge with the board.

Top Bottom