Johnathan Ragoo commits

We need to top this recruiting class off with an OT named Tommy Vermicelli. It would just be right.

Just watch Iowa play and you can stop worrying about Rivals ratings. The important thing is how they play on Saturday after a few years of coaching and training. Neither Tow-Arnett was highly rated, and they are much better players than some of the top rated players we've had here who never contributed.

If this kid is such a project why is he rated a 3 star?

GOD HE IS HUGE

yeah, either he's not as big a project as some are making him out to be or the top end on this kid is at the elite level.

I saw another post that said something to the effect of, that since we have so many scholarships this year that Brew can take flier or gamble on a kid like this. Could not disagree more. We are not at the point with the talent level on this team that we can give a scholarship based on hope that he turns out to be useful. Brew and Co. had to of seen enough in this kid to warrant a scolli. Every single scholli has to be used so carefully, no way we are just throwing them around and hoping we get lucky and hit on a kid.

The Miami Hearld considers J. Ragoo one of the top seven linemen in South Florida. It also seems that a lot of teams come to S. Fla. looking for speed and defense so OL players can fly under the radar. To take one of the top seven players out of S. Fla. regardless of position seems like a no brainer.

To help clarify my earlier comments, I messaged my friend again, here is his response:

"He had a offer early in the process. We were looking for about 5-6 OL in this class and he was among the 1st to get an offer (we sent out about 15 or so). But we didn't really recruit him as hard as some other guys and once we landed the targets we were really after (McDermott, Glenn) then Ragoo's offer went away.

He was a kid the staff was willing to take if he would come easily because they felt he has some upside. But the staff didn't want to have to waste resources going after him as a 5th/6th OL in this class when there were guys they liked more."

Again, take it for what it is worth, but the guy is pretty closely involved with Miami football.

Either way, to get a Miami offer at any point in the game is pretty impressive.

Also, I was the one that made the comment about taking a flyer on a player. I guess my response to that would be that every player is nothing more than a prospect, some are riskier than others, but nothing is a guarantee. He looks like a boom/bust type of guy, I don't view that as a bad thing when you've got 28 scholarships to hand out.

This guy seems to be an enigma, I mean 3 star rating, he is huge, and yet not very many offers? I still don't know what to think. :confused:

IN BREW I TRUST

he is a project because he has only played for a couple of years. if he is considered a top 7 OL in So. Fla than his upside is even bigger than i had hoped

The team rankings have finally been updated. Mr. Ragoo has elevated us to #32 on Rivals. One place behind Iowa and three behind Michican State.

Mr. Ragoo . . . LOL that is funny!

I think for him instead of a pancake block it should be a meatball, as in "He just meat-balled that guy"

i was trying to figure out how the meatball was going to get worked in. That's a good one.

To help clarify my earlier comments, I messaged my friend again, here is his response:

"He had a offer early in the process. We were looking for about 5-6 OL in this class and he was among the 1st to get an offer (we sent out about 15 or so). But we didn't really recruit him as hard as some other guys and once we landed the targets we were really after (McDermott, Glenn) then Ragoo's offer went away.

He was a kid the staff was willing to take if he would come easily because they felt he has some upside. But the staff didn't want to have to waste resources going after him as a 5th/6th OL in this class when there were guys they liked more."

In recruiting circles, Magoo is known as the "Fritz Rock of south Florida OL's":D

Top Bottom