John Beilein - Has tons of energy and interest in getting back into college hoops

Doogie Scoop: Beilien walks Rover and Charlie 2-3x daily, one wonders if he might walk them right over to Dinky Town one day?

Doogie Scoop: Beilien walks Rover and Charlie 2-3x daily, one wonders if he might walk them right over to Dinky Town one day?
Seems everybody else does. No shortage of dog droppings in that area. But yeah, if Belein wanted to let his dogs crap on campus I’d be onboard with that! 👍

Multiple walks......is it because he has so much energy, or is it because he's so old he forgot that he already walked them at 4:00am?

I jest, I jest.

We dont need any racist ...if he used the word thugs he should be cancelled...just kidding....hire him

$3 million buys a lot of Blue Buffalo, John.

If he's taking time to do an interview with a local Twin Cities journalist, could it be...?

Does this mean Doug Mcdermot would be out too?

No buy out with Beilein.

I think Beilein would be a great fit for both us and him. He would get a shot to mold another B1G program and be competitive very quickly. I do not think he has any grudge against Michigan, but it sure cements his legacy if he can beat Howard with another team. It is all about doing something he loves and misses, he won't be looking to go anywhere else. We would have to stipulate that he brings in some assistant that is groomed to be his replacement when he retires. Everyone loves his style of college basketball.

Don’t want to get people excited but my sources say he has been looking at Google maps of potential dog walking paths near dinkytown. Early indications are he prefers pavement over gravel, has concerns about traffic on the lake formerly known as Calhoun and has an inquiry about a 3 night stay on two harbors that has gone unanswered by an Airbnb host.
Will report back once he sees the luce line but things look GOOOOOD
Edit: I wrote this while walking my own very good boy. Second walk today. Just sayin’ I may be the next Beilein. I’m cheaper and younger and less racist.

He would be my number one choice of possible gets. I think he knows how to get the most out of his players.

Beilein possibly a racist?
I doubt it. I'm sure he meant the word in a colloquial sense, not the formal definition of "violent person, especially a criminal". Was in response to "gets the most out of his players".

I doubt it. I'm sure he meant the word in a colloquial sense, not the formal definition of "violent person, especially a criminal". Was in response to "gets the most out of his players".

Eh...terminology matters. It was enough to run him out of the NBA. You can't just say "I didn't mean it!" and move on. College allows more of that as players are grown adults. Questionable at best still. Haven't research him much as I don't think we'll be seeing him on the Gophers bench anytime ever.

Eh...terminology matters. It was enough to run him out of the NBA. You can't just say "I didn't mean it!" and move on. College allows more of that as players are grown adults. Questionable at best still. Haven't research him much as I don't think we'll be seeing him on the Gophers bench anytime ever.
You're correct. It was a poor decision to use that word. Maybe he used that word every year at Michigan, and just never got called out on it. No idea.

All I was saying is I doubt he intended it like that. I doubt that he has any ill will against any Black person simply because of their skin color and/or racial identity.

You're correct. It was a poor decision to use that word. Maybe he used that word every year at Michigan, and just never got called out on it. No idea.

All I was saying is I doubt he intended it like that. I doubt that he has any ill will against any Black person simply because of their skin color and/or racial identity.

I can’t make that claim. Lots of people are biased against other races even subconsciously. I am. It isn’t intentional and is something I’m working on but stereotypes and years of systemic racism exist in this country. I’d all but guarantee nearly every coach has some of that.

Tough for me to buy that something was intended if it wasn't a conscious decision. But if you're changing it to just (unconscious) bias, then of course you're correct. I'm not perfectly unbiased. No one is.

I can’t make that claim. Lots of people are biased against other races even subconsciously. I am. It isn’t intentional and is something I’m working on but stereotypes and years of systemic racism exist in this country. I’d all but guarantee nearly every coach has some of that.
I’d agree that this is, likely, true. But, if true, it’s the human condition, regardless of race. To pretend minorities don’t have race bias, as well as white people, is ridiculous. It’s time that we all give each other the benefit of the doubt and accept that we all do and say things that reveal our weaknesses as human beings.

I’d agree that this is, likely, true. But, if true, it’s the human condition, regardless of race. To pretend minorities don’t have race bias, as well as white people, is ridiculous. It’s time that we all give each other the benefit of the doubt and accept that we all do and say things that reveal our weaknesses as human beings.

I completely agree.Getting fired due to language used is a tough thing to come back from. If Beilein doesn’t coach again it could be why. We’ll see though.

Top Bottom