Joel never asked Barry Alvarez to coach the Gophers

I pray for the day people let this go. We have a coach let's move on FTLOG

WOW. i wish peoples would let this go and move on. seriously.

Why does Adam Rittenberg bring it up?

Will you please freaken let it go and move on. seriously man. Who care about why does Adam Rittenberg, who care and who need to know. sersiouly. We got our coach. Why are you so pissed off about this crap.

Will you please freaken let it go and move on. seriously man. Who care about why does Adam Rittenberg, who care and who need to know. sersiouly. We got our coach. Why are you so pissed off about this crap.

Not really understanding your sentence. Sorry.

Not really understanding your sentence. Sorry.

No one care about this anymore, No one care about Barry Alvarez and the Gophers. so i don't see the point of this thread, when we have a freaken head coach and you had to bring this crap up. who care. let it go man. I hope no one answer this for you.

I thought he joked with people about asking Tony Dungy, Tubby Smith, and Barry Alvarez. Big deal if he didn't actually ask BA. Why would we care?

Mods...Please DELETE this thread. Jiminy Christmas.

I thought he joked with people about asking Tony Dungy, Tubby Smith, and Barry Alvarez. Big deal if he didn't actually ask BA. Why would we care?

If you don't care don't click on the thread. I'm not forcing you to.
gophersfan are you okay?

gophersfan are you okay?

I am find, It you that the problem not anyone esle. so this will be my last post in this thread.

gophersfan are you okay?

Oh, okay, in the future please tell me which threads I should and shouldn't click on and which things I should and shouldn't comment on. That will actually save me some time. :rolleyes:

I offered what I think is a clarification to your OP and said that I don't think we should care that he didn't actually ask Alvarez. I had something I felt I could add to the thread.

Oh, okay, in the future please tell me which threads I should and shouldn't click on and which things I should and shouldn't comment on. That will actually save me some time. :rolleyes:

I offered what I think is a clarification to your OP and said that I don't think we should care that he didn't actually ask Alvarez. I had something I felt I could add to the thread.

Did you read the article? He was asked if he was serious.

I didn't and was working off something I read previously. Meh, again though, do we really want Barry Alvarez? He's been out of the game a few years and I don't think he was really lighting it up the last few years at Wisky.

I didn't and was working off something I read previously. Meh, again though, do we really want Barry Alvarez? He's been out of the game a few years and I don't think he was really lighting it up the last few years at Wisky.

...*sigh*

No not at all. I just don't understand the little story he made up. I also don't understand why he is asking Barry questions about how to hire a head coach. Barry hired one guy from his own staff. Joel you have been an AD longer than Barry. It is just more proof than Joel is cracking under pressure. You guys can be happy that we have a new coach but remember Kill still has to work with Joel to right this ship. I don't think Joel's hand is very steady right now.

So Joel Maturi tells the Pioneer Press that he offered 88 year old Barry Alvarez the Gophers football job knowing that A. Gopher fans were already PISSED about the hiring process and B. Many Gopher fans see him (Joel) as a Badger apologist. The only rationale I can come up with for this is that Joel is so out of touch with reality that he actually thought Gopher fans would have been happy to see Barry Alvarez take the job.

So Joel Maturi tells the Pioneer Press that he offered 88 year old Barry Alvarez the Gophers football job knowing that A. Gopher fans were already PISSED about the hiring process and B. Many Gopher fans see him (Joel) as a Badger apologist. The only rationale I can come up with for this is that Joel is so out of touch with reality that he actually thought Gopher fans would have been happy to see Barry Alvarez take the job.

Or at least happy to see he actually offered the job to anyone else! ha

I kind of like this thread. A lot of whining because people want to forget what an a$$wipe we have for an AD...

Forget away...

Solution

Why don't the mods just start a new forum strictly for the sole purpose of discussing the shortcomings of the Athletic Director?

That would solve everything, and leave this board for discussions of football and the basketball board for discussions of, let's say, basketball.

Top Bottom