Joe Schad on ESPN

I can't speak for anybody else, but I'm not saying Brewster should be fired based upon his performance. I'm saying Maturi and Brewster have put themselves in this position - if he comes back now, he has to sell himself to recruits that he is in fact committed to the program and not just willing to leave for any job (I wouldn't consider Kansas anything more special than the U of M). How do you do that at this point?

Maturi, not willing to suck it up and extend Brewster for even one more year, essentially encouraged Brewster to look around (and if he didn't expect Brewster to, then he's an idiot).

Negotiating ploy or not, if Brew gets hired at KU I'm sure he will have done so for a significant raise, will not have the same dumpy media to sell to, and is still in a major conference (w/Texas!), and closer to Texas, where he still obviously has ties.

So, if Brewster gets the job, we now have to find a new coach. If he doesn't, we have a coach who clearly pursued an arguably lateral move. What players are going to be willing to committ to someone who they now know for sure isn't going to be here long-term?

Either way, the people that lose here are us, the fans.

He!! if i were Brewster I'd be lookin around too.
1. A mediocre program with the media and fan pressure of a major program, -the pay of one. Ignorant, impatient fans that have no idea what it takes to build a program and are hell bent on instant gratification. Why wouldn't he want to go somewhere else? After all that, from my understanding he was almost forced into this because he needed that extension to continue his recruiting escapades. I don't live locally so I just heard this today and it feels like I've been punched in the gut. I truly felt that this program was going to take great strides in the next two years, now I'm feeling like it's falling apart right when we're about to turn the corner. Could this be one of those things that just blows over?

He!! if i were Brewster I'd be lookin around too.
1. A mediocre program with the media and fan pressure of a major program, -the pay of one. Ignorant, impatient fans that have no idea what it takes to build a program and are hell bent on instant gratification. Why wouldn't he want to go somewhere else? After all that, from my understanding he was almost forced into this because he needed that extension to continue his recruiting escapades. I don't live locally so I just heard this today and it feels like I've been punched in the gut. I truly felt that this program was going to take great strides in the next two years, now I'm feeling like it's falling apart right when we're about to turn the corner. Could this be one of those things that just blows over?

I hope so.

Maybe Kansas appreciates a coach that can upgrade the talent level of their roster and bring enthusiasm to their program? Maybe their fanbase is willing to wait for said talent to mature and give their coach a chance to succeed.

+100

I can't understand why people are down on Brewster, there are not many coaches I would trade him for right now, maybe 3 or 4 years down the road but at this time whats not to like? He is upgrading this program.

Top Bottom