Joe Mauer - Cooperstown - IN!

Should I be that guy? I'll be that guy. . .

Chief Bender's defenders could have a pretty solid argument on spot #4 for Mount Rushmore, over Black Jack--of course, Morris will live in all Twins fans' memories for Game 7, '91; I don't imagine there's anyone out there that can conjure up a similar memory for Bender (considering his last real season was 1917).
Chief Bender's profile

Morris' profile

Chief Bender-The Early Years
One could argue Jerry Koosman in the modern era would have a case over Jack Morris. Better WAR, lower ERA.

While Koos was an important part of the Miracle Mets in '69, he does not have the Game 7 stature nor did he win multiple rings, much less with 3 franchises as Black Jack accomplished.

Fun tidbit -

Helton and Mauer are only the fifth duo of one-team players in the past half-century to get elected to the Hall by the Baseball Writers’ Association of America in the same election. Maybe you’ve heard of the others: Mariano Rivera (New York Yankees) and Edgar Martinez (Seattle Mariners) in 2019, Gwynn (San Diego Padres) and Ripken (Baltimore Orioles) in 2007, George Brett (Kansas City Royals) and Robin Yount (Milwaukee Brewers) in 1999, Johnny Bench (Cincinnati Reds) and Carl Yastrzemski (Boston Red Sox) in 1989, and Mickey Mantle and Whitey Ford (Yankees) in 1974. Cool group.

And another -

Joe Mauer, Hall of Famer and king of breaking up 9th-inning no-nos​

Mauer ended ninth-inning no-nos threetimes during his illustrious career. And they all came when the pitcher was just two outs away from history.

Fun tidbit -

Helton and Mauer are only the fifth duo of one-team players in the past half-century to get elected to the Hall by the Baseball Writers’ Association of America in the same election. Maybe you’ve heard of the others: Mariano Rivera (New York Yankees) and Edgar Martinez (Seattle Mariners) in 2019, Gwynn (San Diego Padres) and Ripken (Baltimore Orioles) in 2007, George Brett (Kansas City Royals) and Robin Yount (Milwaukee Brewers) in 1999, Johnny Bench (Cincinnati Reds) and Carl Yastrzemski (Boston Red Sox) in 1989, and Mickey Mantle and Whitey Ford (Yankees) in 1974. Cool group.

I am guessing it was quite a party at the 1974 induction with the spirits flowing in Cooperstown.

Some fun names from the past appearing here.

Funny,

I was usually somewhat excited when Morneau would step in the box. It felt like potential runs.

That was rare with Joe where it felt like runs.

Funny,

I was usually somewhat excited when Morneau would step in the box. It felt like potential runs.

That was rare with Joe where it felt like runs.
Someone has to get on base to get potential runs.

Sometimes how someone feels about situations doesn’t equal reality.
Yes!

Please bleed one between short and third, Joe.......we've got Morneau coming up.

And please, Joe......don't roll one to second for a double play, we've got Morneau coming up.

Yes!

Please bleed one between short and third, Joe.......we've got Morneau coming up.

And please, Joe......don't roll one to second for a double play, we've got Morneau coming up.
Why do you continue to spew piss in a forum about a guy that you clearly do not like? HOF voters who have more MLB and baseball knowledge in one fingernail clipping than you will ever have voted in his favor. Please, deal with it and move on without boring the rest of us with your tired bitching. God, I need a bath after reading your bs.

Top Bottom