Joe Coleman

GophersOnTheRise

Reaction score
Just want to point out that Coleman just finished his second straight game with zero turnovers according to ESPN. Good to see him cleaning that up and hopefully he can continue taking care of the ball.

His jumper is decent now & that's making a world of difference for him imo. Once it gets to dangerous he'll be veeery good.

Joe keeps getting better. Welch with only 1 turnover tonight in 17 minutes. 2-4 on 3 pointers. Team needs him to hit those.

Are you guys crazy? Players don't get better under Tubby's coaching. Joe, Welch, Mav...all clearly regressing under Tubby's tutelage.

The key is the development of the elbow jumper curling off a screen and the 10 foot baseline jumper. He loves to start his drives there, and his new found shooting ability keeps defenders honest.

Joe definitely turned it over a couple times today...he's been better, but it's almost like "oh I can't score here, well I might as well throw it away"

Joe definitely turned it over a couple times today...he's been better, but it's almost like "oh I can't score here, well I might as well throw it away"

He may have, although I can't recall any specifically. Either way, he's cut down on them a lot since the beginning of the season which is the point. He does a good job of scoring and rebounding and if he can keep his turnovers to a modest amount which he's been doing the last few games he will be a huge asset to the team.

The key is the development of the elbow jumper curling off a screen and the 10 foot baseline jumper. He loves to start his drives there, and his new found shooting ability keeps defenders honest.

100%. The jumper coming off the screen/curl (Quincy Lewis may have been the best Gopher ever at it, Austin is good as well), that baseline jumper you mention are both keys but I'll add a pull-up & the ability to hit the occasional 3 will make him unstoppable.

That curl & baseline jumpers are indeed in his wheelhouse, add the pull up jumper (which he IS adding) & the occasional 3 pointer & he'll be a complete player.

Joe, while I love his game, will not be "unstoppable "until he can dribble. He is one direction only, and if anyone gets in his way its a TO or a charge.

I like what Joe brings to the game, but his TOs will continue to be an "issue" until he improves his handles.

Joe, while I love his game, will not be "unstoppable "until he can dribble. He is one direction only, and if anyone gets in his way its a TO or a charge.

I like what Joe brings to the game, but his TOs will continue to be an "issue" until he improves his handles.

His handling can improve, but let's face it, he's an aggressor on offense, and it fits the Gophers team well. But, being an aggressor inherently ends up causing more turnovers. On the other hand, it breaks down the defense, particularly if he can drive and dish (which I'd like to see him improve).

Coleman brings a lot of heart to this Gopher team and he is a mean finisher near the hoop. I really like what he brings to the team, and his jumper has looked quite good in recent games too.

Top Bottom