JMS will not play today

I think this is great. It gives Boe some more experience before next season and I am sure JMS has done as much, if not more, to get Nathan ready for this game. And I'm sure he will be coaching him on the sideline in between series. A win win for everyone IMHO

"Ima take the free trip, and the free shit, deny somebody else the chance, but play? Nah."

THAT'S a good look?
I really wonder if some of you are really this negative and spiteful about everything in life.

JMS making the trip and not playing doesn't take anything away from any other teammate. You bring the entire squad on the trip, it isn't a typical road game when you have a limited travel squad.

I am sure he made his intentions know to the coaches after the season so that the team could prepare accordingly.

I get that some of you are wired to see the negative selfish angle in everything but that doesn't have to be the case even if that is really hard for some of you to accept. Good lord.

JMS making the trip and not playing doesn't take anything away from any other teammate. You bring the entire squad on the trip,
Well of course it does. There are X number of travel team spots paid for. The B1G isnt giving teams unlimited paid travel and expenses. There's a limit. Somebody didnt get to go because JMS did.

If you're fine with that, great.

But at least get your facts correct. And while you're at it, climb down from your high horse.

Well of course it does. There are X number of travel team spots paid for. The B1G isnt giving teams unlimited paid travel and expenses. There's a limit. Somebody didnt get to go because JMS did.

But at least get your facts correct. And while you're at it, climb down from your high horse.
who didnt get to go? Bowl games are a reward for the work the team put in all year starting in spring ball was he not apart of the team getting there? He earned it!

You take your whole team to a bowl game, all 125 or so players. If you don't want to believe me that is fine but unless something drastic has changed in recent years you take everyone. Not a typical road trip.

Not to mention there were a bunch of spots opened up by transfer portal guys as well.

Last edited:

Maybe JMS thought he was going to play, saw the poor field condition, and made a good decision for his future.
I guess thats possible. That would explain it.

I really wonder if some of you are really this negative and spiteful about everything in life.

JMS making the trip and not playing doesn't take anything away from any other teammate. You bring the entire squad on the trip, it isn't a typical road game when you have a limited travel squad.

I am sure he made his intentions know to the coaches after the season so that the team could prepare accordingly.

I get that some of you are wired to see the negative selfish angle in everything but that doesn't have to be the case even if that is really hard for some of you to accept. Good lord.
I’m not even sure they limit road game travel anymore. Never noticed our sideline looking less full on the road. Maybe injured/unable to participate players but that’s it I think.

"Ima take the free trip, and the free shit, deny somebody else the chance, but play? Nah."

THAT'S a good look?
Is this another of your super unfunny zingers?

Maybe JMS thought he was going to play, saw the poor field condition, and made a good decision for his future.
This is probably closer to the truth at the end of the day. I am vehemently against opting out, but in this case, I cannot fault him. Now these quitters at Texas ESPN keep talking about every two seconds, that's another story.

Top Bottom