Jimmie Terry Decommits

Spoof - Does that signal to you there may be another Juco in the mix, or Fleck thinks we have enough depth?

Or, more likely, per his interviews he just doesn't care what our record is in 2017. He'll play who he has and start his culture change with Freshmen and not JuCOs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't like how this stuff works out but at some point both sides have to have a line where they can or can't walk away.... some decisions will be made near that time no matter what system we have.

Or, more likely, per his interviews he just doesn't care what our record is in 2017. He'll play who he has and start his culture change with Freshmen and not JuCOs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is how I see it.

Ok, we get it, you hate Fleck. Now stop trolling.

Translation: Fall in line with blind Fleck worship or you are not welcome on Gopherhole. Just saying the guy could spend five minutes on the phone with each of the commits (especially since there weren't that many) before hours in front of the camera.

Translation: Fall in line with blind Fleck worship or you are not welcome on Gopherhole. Just saying the guy could spend five minutes on the phone with each of the commits (especially since there weren't that many) before hours in front of the camera.

Yes you are saying that along with posting negatively about every recruit he brings in.

This isn't about breaking up with someone "the right way". (1) There was no relationship. (2) If a particular task can be done by literally anyone on staff, why would any elite organization send their most important specialized employee to do it? Plus, a recruiting assistant, and possible future coach, gets to learn from tough experiences.

The tactic might ruffle a few feathers, but it doesn't really bother me.

(1) There was a relationship. Terry made a commitment to the U of MN and Fleck is now the coach of the U of MN, he inherited those relationships.

(2) Because, IMO, it is the absolute wrong way to do things. It sets a bad example. It is disrespectful to someone who had pledged their commitment to the University you now coach. You want to move on from him, that's fine. But if Fleck is letting 10 guys go from our current class, he has time to make 10 phone calls. If a recruit flips on us on NSD without any prior warning, who are we to call that anything but totally ok. It's a bad example to our current players. Choosing who gets and doesn't get a scholarship is Fleck's responsibility. He makes the choices. He should have taken the 5 minutes to make a call.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Snowflake kid -- He didn't get a personal call within 48 hours so therefore he's giving up. Fleck's been a bit busy. I get it that Fleck hasn't had time to review film and make decisions about a kid that two days ago he didn't even know existed; and that instead he's focusing on getting the kids that he does know and has recruited including some that are about to start classes in their new school on January 9th (meaning we could no longer sign them). If Jimmie wasn't a snowflake and instead was a leader, he'd be doing everything he can to get in touch with Fleck including showing up in his office and telling Fleck that he's on board and can't wait to jump in the boat. Giving up without even trying isn't the sign of someone that you'd want on your team.

Snowflake kid -- He didn't get a personal call within 48 hours so therefore he's giving up. Fleck's been a bit busy. I get it that Fleck hasn't had time to review film and make decisions about a kid that two days ago he didn't even know existed; and that instead he's focusing on getting the kids that he does know and has recruited including some that are about to start classes in their new school on January 9th (meaning we could no longer sign them). If Jimmie wasn't a snowflake and instead was a leader, he'd be doing everything he can to get in touch with Fleck including showing up in his office and telling Fleck that he's on board and can't wait to jump in the boat. Giving up without even trying isn't the sign of someone that you'd want on your team.

Huh? How is he a snowflake? He did get a call, from an assistant. Fleck should have manned up and called him when he decided to move on. It would have taken 3 minutes.

Huh? How is he a snowflake? He did get a call, from an assistant. Fleck should have manned up and called him when he decided to move on. It would have taken 3 minutes.

Whoops, my bad. Your right. I didn't see that initially in his text. I'll go away now...

Top Bottom