Jimmie Terry Decommits

Johnnyboy18

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

WHAT??? He's replacing our guys with MAC level recruits???

Tough break. Hopefully a phone call is on the way with news one way or another.

Also, he needs to charge his phone.

Not sure we needed an unheralded juco guard anyway. I mean he wasn't going to be a plug and play type juco anyways.

I don't have a problem if Fleck doesn't keep all of Claeys recruits, but man up, be elite and call them yourself.

Not sure we needed an unheralded juco guard anyway. I mean he wasn't going to be a plug and play type juco anyways.

How could you possibly know that? We had 3 plug and play JuCo OL last season.

I don't have a problem if Fleck doesn't keep all of Claeys recruits, but man up, be elite and call them yourself.

Yep. Fleck should have called. I get that he's busy, but these guys deserve phone calls.

Don't agree. If you're a Claeys recruit you have to expect this. It's no different anywhere else. Even if Fleck has nothing more important to do (which of course is not the case) there's no reason an assistant shouldn't be used to notify recruits of their status.

Yep. Fleck should have called. I get that he's busy, but these guys deserve phone calls.

Because those 3 are still on the team.

Uh oh. You're going down the road of hero worship. I know it because PJ thinks it. LOL. Ok! I'm excited about the hiring too, but let's not get carried away.

Sounds like he hasn't called a handful of guys

Don't agree. If you're a Claeys recruit you have to expect this. It's no different anywhere else. Even if Fleck has nothing more important to do (which of course is not the case) there's no reason an assistant shouldn't be used to notify recruits of their status.

Yeah, we'll never agree on it. You and I are just different kind of people.

Sounds like he hasn't called a handful of guys

He said this morning he has done all the in state guys and was still working on evaluating out of state guys before he called. I think that's what the sports huddle summary said

Uh oh. You're going down the road of hero worship. I know it because PJ thinks it. LOL. Ok! I'm excited about the hiring too, but let's not get carried away.

Lol what are you talking about? You think it was likely that kid would have came in and started? Even if Claeys was still coaching I doubt that would have been the case.

+1

He said this morning he has done all the in state guys and was still working on evaluating out of state guys before he called. I think that's what the sports huddle summary said

That is exactly what Fleck said...but I'm sure the kids are anxious, and I don't blame them.

Lol what are you talking about? You think it was likely that kid would have came in and started? Even if Claeys was still coaching I doubt that would have been the case.

Do I think it's likely? I'm not sure, probably. We are still really thin along the OL, especially with the older players. Claeys staff just had a lot of success with 3 JuCos on the OL. Why would I think this guy would be different?

That said, I am 100% fine with Fleck not wanting him back but I am not going to think "because Fleck thinks it, it must be right". That's lunacy. I wouldn't have done that with the prior staffs either.

That is exactly what Fleck said...but I'm sure the kids are anxious, and I don't blame them.
And I am 100% sure Juco from the south doesn't stream the sports huddle

I mean if he doesn't think he can play next year why would he keep him on his team? Better to develop younger players.

Do I think it's likely? I'm not sure, probably. We are still really thin along the OL, especially with the older players. Claeys staff just had a lot of success with 3 JuCos on the OL. Why would I think this guy would be different?

That said, I am 100% fine with Fleck not wanting him back but I am not going to think "because Fleck thinks it, it must be right". That's lunacy. I wouldn't have done that with the prior staffs either.

A lot of success? Our o-line play was average at best this year. The RBs made a lot out of nothing.

What about Boye Mafe, the WDE from Hopkins? He has a Gophers offer but has not committed. Will Fleck go after him?

Yeah, we'll never agree on it. You and I are just different kind of people.

Well, he's a gopher guy. What kind of guy are you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fleck has been on the job for less than 3 days. And he doesn't have a staff. Would you rather that he call the recruits he wants, or those he doesn't?

A lot of success? Our o-line play was average at best this year. The RBs made a lot out of nothing.

Yeah, we signed 3 JuCo players and all of them helped us to drastically improve our OL. We ran the ball well and gave up few sacks. I agree with you, our OL play was average last season, but without those 3 JuCos we would have really struggled. Going into last year, OL was scary thin.

So yes, the recruitment and signing of the 3 JuCos was absolute, 100% success last season. If you can't see that, you have the memory of a goldfish. This time last year, it was panic mode when it came to our OL.

Top Bottom