Jim Harbaugh's Michigan jumps into AP Top 25 out of nowhere

Well - I suppose we could debate the definition of "light-years" but TCU would beat Utah by 20.

Uhhh I seriously doubt it. TCU gave up 52 to Texas tech and 37 to a terrible SMU team. TCU probably isn't a top 5 team at this point with all the losses on defense

from what i recall from game 1, tcu had six new starters on D (from last year) plus another two subs as two additional starters were out for that first game
that's a lot of new bodies on D

I recall one of the coaches, Claeys or Kill, saying we had more talent than Michigan after thumping them last year.

Kill also said B Edwards was lightning in a bottle. The cork is still in the bottle.

I recall one of the coaches, Claeys or Kill, saying we had more talent than Michigan after thumping them last year.

Well .... I'm not sure they want to end up saying Ho man we beat these guys with these less talented players that we have!

Michigan played great against BYU...but BYU was a bit overrated going into the game. They had a good record but made proctologist visits to win two of their games...one on a Hail John Smith against a poor Nebraska team.

Wisconsin is so boned with those crossovers. Doesn't get much sweeter.

Well, they were due. Their schedule has been very favorable the past few years and then you have the 2012 season where they finished 3rd in the division but still got to go to the conference championship. Not their fault but they've had some things really go their way recently.

Don't care if Michigan is rated right now or not, but I hope both teams are in the top 25 for Halloween night.

Don't care if Michigan is rated right now or not, but I hope both teams are in the top 25 for Halloween night.

#GamedayHalloweenMSP

Best chance we'll have all year, but both teams need to be 7-1. Aside from Michigan-Minnesota, the other marquee games that day include:

Florida-Georgia
USC-Cal
Notre Dame-Temple

ESPN's Harboner will be hard to contain if the Wolverines are coming off a win over Sparty with the Jug on the line.

Well, they were due. Their schedule has been very favorable the past few years and then you have the 2012 season where they finished 3rd in the division but still got to go to the conference championship. Not their fault but they've had some things really go their way recently.

Don't worry about it. The conference will jam 6 more teams into the conference in the next couple of years, making all those future schedules irrelevant.

?

Michigan played great against BYU...but BYU was a bit overrated going into the game. They had a good record but made proctologist visits to win two of their games...one on a Hail John Smith against a poor Nebraska team.

WTH is a Hail John Smith? If you are going to mock BYU at least get Joe Smith's name correct! :cool:

This is a Hail John Smith.
John L. Smith's meltdown against Ohio State in 2005 - YouTube
Video for john L Smith goes crazy▶ 0:38
www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvrRvUYRdD8
Oct 13, 2006 - Uploaded by AnnArborIsAWhore
John L. Smith's meltdown against Ohio State in 2005 ..... Pat Knight Goes On a Rant About ...

GHers were thrilled that Harbaugh went to Michigan... will you still be happy if they beat us the next 5 years in a row?

Yep, I couldn't believe how sure some people were that Harbaugh would "fail" at Michigan. They were even gleeful about him coming to Michigan. Many people here immediately chalked up this year's game with Michigan with a W. Big mistake! You may not like him but he is both a proven recruiting and coaching force that should be feared.

Yep, I couldn't believe how sure some people were that Harbaugh would "fail" at Michigan. They were even gleeful about him coming to Michigan. Many people here immediately chalked up this year's game with Michigan with a W. Big mistake! You may not like him but he is both a proven recruiting and coaching force that should be feared.

I didn't want Harbaugh to go to Michigan because I knew within 2-3 years he would have Michigan playing Top 10 football. I chalked up a W before the season and although I'm not as confident now, I still believe the Gophers will win, that is if the team's health improves.

Crazy to see that for 2016-2019 we play:

Maryland x4
Rutgers x2
Penn St. x2
MSU x1
Mich x1
tOSU x1
Indiana x1

Wow, we hardly ever play Indiana. We were there in 2007 and in 2012 and that is it. Indana is the only team outside the new eastern duo to never visit TCF Bank Stadium.

WTH is a Hail John Smith? If you are going to mock BYU at least get Joe Smith's name correct! :cool:

My wrong...the point being, can a Mormon school throw a Hail Mary? Not trying to offend anyone...just a little joke.

Some were acting like Lane Kiffin was walking into Ann Arbor, it made no sense. The guy has been a terrific coach in the first three stops of his coaching career and runs a traditional Michigan pro style offense, not sure where the expectation of failure came from....

As we all know, rankings mean everything to everyone. Those Michigan boys are showing what superior champions they are under the maze and blue uniforms. No doubt will challenge OSU and Michigan state for the east. Those guys are right back to their dominance after only 4 games.

My wrong...the point being, can a Mormon school throw a Hail Mary? Not trying to offend anyone...just a little joke.

Just bustin your chops. Not offended though I did attend BYU, I am a Gopher fan through and through. Cheers!

Just bustin your chops. Not offended though I did attend BYU, I am a Gopher fan through and through. Cheers!

Glad I didn't offend. BYU is a great school...you should be proud.

A BYU fan created a BYU/meat chicken highlight reel:

That's classic. Hats off to that person. If you can't have a sense of humor about a woodshed beating like that (especially after the great start to the season prior to last week), you take college sports way too seriously.

Top Bottom