Jim Harbaugh's Michigan jumps into AP Top 25 out of nowhere

If we beat Northwestern we should be ahead of Michigan. Right now it's hard to argue that we're more deserving of a top 25 spot though.

what do people make of Bill Connelly's S&P+ ratings?

Their only loss is to a damn good Utah team. Hard to argue that they don't belong.

If we beat Northwestern we likely get ranked.

I'm not sure if it matters this early on if we're ahead or behind Michigan, we'll get to play them on Halloween so it is up to us to do well and beat them if we want to be ahead.

Their only loss is to a damn good Utah team. Hard to argue that they don't belong.

True, however, one of the most predictable things in life is that Michigan and Notre Dame will be over-rated at every opportunity.

If we beat Northwestern, we'll probably be ranked, but not ahead of Michigan.

True, however, one of the most predictable things in life is that Michigan and Notre Dame will be over-rated at every opportunity.

+1 This is so true. Texas used to be included in this "group".

#23 W. Virginia @ #15 Oklahoma
Iowa @ #19 Wisconsin
#3 Ole Miss @ #25 Florida
#21 Miss St. @ 14 Texas A&M
Arizona @ #18 Stanford
Kansas St. @ #20 Oklahoma St.
Wash. St @ #24 California
MN @ #16 Northwestern
#22 Michigan @ Maryland

I saw Michigan in week two in person at the Big House. They never were lacking in talent, just direction and coaching. They are going to be a very big challenge. Saturday exposed our weakness against the run up the gut and we will get a steady dose of that for them. He may be a little nuts, but he is a great coach and the whole vibe in Ann Arbor is positive now.

I saw Michigan in week two in person at the Big House. They never were lacking in talent, just direction and coaching. They are going to be a very big challenge. Saturday exposed our weakness against the run up the gut and we will get a steady dose of that for them. He may be a little nuts, but he is a great coach and the whole vibe in Ann Arbor is positive now.

Really fear our run defense going into Conference play. Colorado St and Ohio showed some of the DL weakness.

Not necessarily disagreeing with you, but our only loss is against a TCU team that is light-years better than Utah. That being said, the Associated Press and Coaches poll should really be discontinued because they are beyond meaningless. Thank goodness that we have a committee now that only focuses on the rankings - the fact that these two polls ever had any influence on the national champion is laughable.

Not necessarily disagreeing with you, but our only loss is against a TCU team that is light-years better than Utah. That being said, the Associated Press and Coaches poll should really be discontinued because they are beyond meaningless. Thank goodness that we have a committee now that only focuses on the rankings - the fact that these two polls ever had any influence on the national champion is laughable.

Our D-line weakness isn't a lack of strength it is that we run a lot of twist stunts with our tackles that seem to open up running lanes when trying to generate pressure on the QB. I suspect you will see a lot less twists and shifting from the line in the upcoming Big 10 conference play. We need other guys to be able to beat one on blocks and double teams because right now only Richardson is able to beat a double team. Alex Keith really seems to be the only defensive end that can generate pressure and maintain his gap. Really disappointed in the play of TC so far, with the NFL hype you sure would expect him to be making more plays.
Your going to see less blitzing of linebackers too. Ohio really started to get push up the middle once Poock was out of the game, the middle linebacker needs to be a little more disciplined in staying in his gap responsibility or this is going to be a problem against Northwestern.

Utah just went to Eugene and gave Oregon its worst loss at home in 30+ years. TCU is not light years better than Utah.

Utah just went to Eugene and gave Oregon its worst loss at home in 30+ years. TCU is not light years better than Utah.

Well - I suppose we could debate the definition of "light-years" but TCU would beat Utah by 20. Oregon is overrated.

Well - I suppose we could debate the definition of "light-years" but TCU would beat Utah by 20. Oregon is overrated.

So you must think Michigan St. is overrated, since they only beat Oregon by 3. At home.

Utah has a superior D than TCU this year. They have had very good defenses for several years and this year their offense has finally caught up. They have some big, powerful guys on both lines.
They are a legit team.

So you must think Michigan St. is overrated, since they only beat Oregon by 3. At home.

It's hard for me to think that MSU is the 2nd best team in the country, but Big Ten schools truly play a balanced game of ball control and defense. Hell Alabama even does this.

GHers were thrilled that Harbaugh went to Michigan... will you still be happy if they beat us the next 5 years in a row?

GHers were thrilled that Harbaugh went to Michigan... will you still be happy if they beat us the next 5 years in a row?

You mean some were thrilled. I didn't mind seeing Michigan down.

Not possible because the Gophers don't play Michigan next year or in 2018-19!

Utah has a superior D than TCU this year. They have had very good defenses for several years and this year their offense has finally caught up. They have some big, powerful guys on both lines.
They are a legit team.

I like Utah. Mostly because they remind me of My Cousin Vinny.

Crazy to see that for 2016-2019 we play:

Maryland x4
Rutgers x2
Penn St. x2
MSU x1
Mich x1
tOSU x1
Indiana x1

Maryland and Rutgers are almost guaranteed to fire coaches in that time.

Maryland x4
Rutgers x2
Penn St. x2
MSU x1
Mich x1
tOSU x1
Indiana x1

Wisconsin

Michigan x4
OSU x2
MSU x2

Iowa

Penn St. x4
Rutgers x2
Michigan x2

Nebraska

tOSU x 4
Ind. x2
Maryland x2

Maryland x4
Rutgers x2
Penn St. x2
MSU x1
Mich x1
tOSU x1
Indiana x1

Wisconsin

Michigan x4
OSU x2
MSU x2

Iowa

Penn St. x4
Rutgers x2
Michigan x2

Nebraska

tOSU x 4
Ind. x2
Maryland x2

Wisconsin is so boned with those crossovers. Doesn't get much sweeter.

I recall one of the coaches, Claeys or Kill, saying we had more talent than Michigan after thumping them last year.

Top Bottom