Jim Harbaugh Accepts His Suspension

Iceland12

Reaction score
Tried the Harbaugh calls Michigan America's Team first.

no matter how Michigan tries to spin this - they caved. Harbaugh sits out the full 3-game suspension - including the Ohio State game. the B1G agrees to end its investigation - but that really doesn't mean much. the NCAA investigation is ongoing - and in the end, the NCAA can hand down penalties that are a lot more serious than anything the B1G might do.

besides, the B1G investigation was largely based on information from the NCAA, so it's not like the B1G was going to turn up anything new.

So Harbaugh gets to return for the B1G Championship game - IF Michigan beats Ohio State - and he can coach in the playoffs - but he and the big brass at Michigan have to know that the other shoe has yet to drop, and when it does, it's going to drop with a real big thump.

Worthless. He still gets to coach during the week and game plan.

Only guessing....the judge gave them the heads up he likely wasn't going to provide the injunction.

I am of the minority in that I believe Michigan is enduring the equivalent of the Salem Witch Trials. Someone is required to be drown or burned and Jim Harbaugh is the chosen candidate.

My hope is to see Michigan crush both Maryland and Ohio State in successive weeks and then walk through the playoffs to win a national title.

The players deserve this after all the muck they have been dragged through. These kids have done nothing wrong and they are deserving of a national championship.

I hope Michigan loses. If they win, I hope everyone always remembers them as asterisk champions like the cheating Astros. Their coach served suspensions for two different proven examples of cheating in the same season.

Worthless. He still gets to coach during the week and game plan.
I don't think it's worthless.

How much it is worth I can't say, but I have to believe EVERY football coach feels they have the ability to positively impact the outcome during the game itself.

I am of the minority in that I believe Michigan is enduring the equivalent of the Salem Witch Trials. Someone is required to be drown or burned and Jim Harbaugh is the chosen candidate.

My hope is to see Michigan crush both Maryland and Ohio State in successive weeks and then walk through the playoffs to win a national title.

The players deserve this after all the muck they have been dragged through. These kids have done nothing wrong and they are deserving of a national championship.
If Michigan coaches cheated by using stolen signal information during games, then the players benefited and may not be where they are today without the cheating. There must be enough incriminating info for the suspension now. Otherwise it would also look bad for the league if they did nothing until after Michigan gets the chance to win a natty. Harbaugh was already suspended once this season, so it’s almost like he was on probation.

I hope Michigan loses. If they win, I hope everyone always remembers them as asterisk champions like the cheating Astros. Their coach served suspensions for two different proven examples of cheating in the same season.
They may have taken this to an extreme, but I think sign stealing in college football is more wide spread than folks may think.

All this tells me is that what Michigan actually did is probably worse than we think/know. Hopefully it all comes out via the ncaa investigation.

Perhaps, perhaps not. While whatever happens to the players is unfortunate and not their own fault, it isn’t the fault of the Big10 or the NCAA either. The assholes in this scenario are the Michigan coaches, who betrayed their own responsibility to look after and protect the players in their care by cheating and exposing them to this situation. All fingers should point to Harbaugh and that staff and the players and Wolverines’ fans should be the first to do the pointing. But all involved appear to want to play victim. Cry me a river. The only thing better than Michigan losing to Ohio State, would be for them to win it all, and then have it all vacated by the NCAA when they fully exposed what all was going on behind the scenes in “America’s coaching offices.” What a joke.

no matter how Michigan tries to spin this - they caved. Harbaugh sits out the full 3-game suspension - including the Ohio State game. the B1G agrees to end its investigation - but that really doesn't mean much. the NCAA investigation is ongoing - and in the end, the NCAA can hand down penalties that are a lot more serious than anything the B1G might do.

besides, the B1G investigation was largely based on information from the NCAA, so it's not like the B1G was going to turn up anything new.

So Harbaugh gets to return for the B1G Championship game - IF Michigan beats Ohio State - and he can coach in the playoffs - but he and the big brass at Michigan have to know that the other shoe has yet to drop, and when it does, it's going to drop with a real big thump.
Nothing will drop. They will kick OSU's ass. They will also beat Georgia. Harbaugh will go to the NFL.

If Michigan coaches cheated by using stolen signal information during games, then the players benefited and may not be where they are today without the cheating. There must be enough incriminating info for the suspension now. Otherwise it would also look bad for the league if they did nothing until after Michigan gets the chance to win a natty. Harbaugh was already suspended once this season, so it’s almost like he was on probation.

Stealing signs is "cheating"?

I don't think it's worthless.

How much it is worth I can't say, but I have to believe EVERY football coach feels they have the ability to positively impact the outcome during the game itself.
Think how many games we might have one if PJ had been suspended for the actual game?

Looking forward to Michigan winning the BT champ game and Harbaugh receiving the trophy from the commish!!
They are still the best team. By Far. I just hope they can beat Georgia for us.

bUT tHiNk AbOuT tHe KiDs

Screw that. If the football program cheated, the football program needs to be held accountable. Don’t let them off by firing a coach they have been wanting to get rid of anyways.

Disagree it doesn’t mean much
It means big ten was going to fight the TRO

And long term it means harbaugh was going to testify under oath and risk prison.
Lying under oath is a crime. Either harbaugh was going to lie under oath or admit to cheating. So, Michigan did the smart thing and caved.

Michigan accepting it means they can just deflect and delay vs the ncaa

Ah! They did nothing wrong, that’s why they backed off their posturing to avoid things coming out under oath.

I have been in games where we had the other teams signs, its not as big of an advantage as you would think, i have met OC's who dont even care if you know their signals

I have been in games where we had the other teams signs, its not as big of an advantage as you would think, i have met OC's who dont even care if you know their signals
I dispute that having the signs isn't a big help. But it also doesn't matter. Whether the rule is stupid or how big of an advantage breaking the rule is shouldn't matter. What matters is that it was broken. If Michigan doesn't think it was a big help, why would they risk getting caught up in a scandal like this to secretly going around the country doing it?

Why were so many Big Ten coaches so upset about it then? Just being overdramatic?

More fun. Michigan's LB Coach Chris Partridge has been fired. "No reason given!" But ESPN "sources" report that the firing was based in part on information gathered during NCAA interviews involving the illegal scouting allegations.

Outlets are reporting that another member of the coaching staff deleted his Twitter account yesterday.

will there be any coaches left by the end of the regular season?

Sure, some lower member of the staff cooked it up and was running it behind Harbaugh’s back. Silly to hold him accountable for that, and only being proposed by those who hate him and are looking for an excuse.

Sure, some lower member of the staff cooked it up and was running it behind Harbaugh’s back. Silly to hold him accountable for that, and only being proposed by those who hate him and are looking for an excuse.
Lol

Top Bottom