Jerry Kill signed his five year contract before the team traveled to Detroit

So he didn't get an extension, he actually coached his first year without a signed contract? Interesting. ...and people thing Fleck's extensions are crazy. Kill seems to have gotten one before ever signing his first contract.

"I'm happy that the contract was completed before we left for the bowl game," NM State athletics director Mario Moccia said. "I have a unique relationship with Jerry. We have known each other for 17 years. With our previous relationship, I wasn't concerned. We hired him (following the 2021 season), he built his staff and recruited immediately. We drug him around the state and then he started the season. It didn't raise to the highest priority level as it would with other coaches."

Love the buyout detail. Kill knows what is important to building a program. Everywhere he has been a HC, he has gotten the practice facilities upgraded.

Jerry Kill builds men. He takes them as kids and builds em up. Country boys, city boys, all turn to men. He also paves lots. Dirt lots, gravel, grass. Heck. He doesn’t care. He paves em up. Builds goalposts. Scoreboards. Brick walls one at a time. He does it all.

Jerry Kill builds men. He takes them as kids and builds em up. Country boys, city boys, all turn to men. He also paves lots. Dirt lots, gravel, grass. Heck. He doesn’t care. He paves em up. Builds goalposts. Scoreboards. Brick walls one at a time. He does it all.
🙌 bravo 🙌

Congratulations to Coach Kill. Followed him a little bit this year. His press conference after beating Liberty, he said something like "I've made it very clear to our AD he needs to get us another game (San Jose State game was cancelled). So, they apply to the NCAA to get some waiver and to get Valpo in the last week to finish 6-6. They win the Oil Can Bowl ---- and he did, in fact, do an incredible job --- considering it's Las Cruces, NM. Having said that - I wish him well and continued success in Las Cruces; however, from a fan standpoint, I'd rather learn about the progression of our program under Fleck.

Congratulations to Coach Kill. Followed him a little bit this year. His press conference after beating Liberty, he said something like "I've made it very clear to our AD he needs to get us another game (San Jose State game was cancelled). So, they apply to the NCAA to get some waiver and to get Valpo in the last week to finish 6-6. They win the Oil Can Bowl ---- and he did, in fact, do an incredible job --- considering it's Las Cruces, NM. Having said that - I wish him well and continued success in Las Cruces; however, from a fan standpoint, I'd rather learn about the progression of our program under Fleck.
There are several hundred threads about the gophers and fleck.

If he really does well, perhaps the current contract will be written up to pay him more yet. I think he is enjoying it down there with less pressure to deal with. Hoping he and Rebecca are doing well in New Mexico.

That is a very interesting contract. Buyout info below.

There were some clauses in the contract that are unique to Kill's contract related to his buyout, compared to other coaches contracts at the school. Kill's buyout is 50 percent of his remaining salary if he leaves the position, but the buyout would essentially go away under the following conditions:
  • Kill unilaterally terminates the agreement prior to Feb. 1, 2024.
  • Current NM State athletics director Mario Moccia were to leave and current Chief Operating Officer, Braun Cartwright, is not promoted to replace Moccia.
  • Installation of a new videoboard prior to the first home game in 2024.
  • Construction of an artificial turn practice facility prior to the first home game of the 2024 season.
  • Pave the Lot 35 prior to the first home game of 2024.
  • Construction of a NMSU home football lockerroom prior to the first game of the 2024 season.
  • If Kill were to leave for a full time assistant coach position at a FBS school.

Used car by used car. CASA DE Autos, title sponsor of the lot 35 paving project. Wonder if Jerry gets a parking spot with his own sign.

There are several hundred threads about the gophers and fleck.
Thank you for pointing this out.

I probably should have stated that .......from a fan standpoint, I'd rather to continue to learn about the progression of our program under Fleck and his staff.

Thank you for pointing this out.

I probably should have stated that .......from a fan standpoint, I'd rather to continue to learn about the progression of our program under Fleck and his staff.
It seems easier to find out information and news about other teams than the Gophers in the home state.

Jerry Kill is simply a great football coach.

I suppose they are happy about signing Jerry with the basketball mess…

Top Bottom