Jerry Kill Is A HEAD COACH...

Zero turnovers, 1 phantom penalty for 15 yards. Gritty win.

Kill will retire here. IMHO. His style fits here and I don't see a helmet school going after him. That being said, we have to continue to pay him and his assistants appropriately. Right now his style doesn't seem to fit with the recruiting of 5star kids.

Kill will retire here. IMHO. His style fits here and I don't see a helmet school going after him. That being said, we have to continue to pay him and his assistants appropriately. Right now his style doesn't seem to fit with the recruiting of 5star kids.
lol. I can't even imagine what you mean by this.

I really think he is here for the long-haul. I think we are a perfect match for each other.

This is my thought as well. JK is a grinder and that is what a program like ours needs. FL and NE will go for someone more flashy.

I think the biggest difference with this team & previous is ATTITUDE. Jerry Kill said he walked in on a poor football culture & I think that went over a lot of people's heads. This team over the last 2 years, no matter the opponent or how down we are, never gives up or for a second believes it can't win a game. The ATTITUDE in these kids now are BELIEVERS. The body language of our team & players these last few Seasons is something we've never witnessed before & I advise anyone to go back & watch the OSU, Mich & Nebraska games this Season. When have you ever seen us come out at the half & RESPOND effectively? Today for instance, in any other era down 21-7 on the road against a helmet school like Nebraska & they easily drive down the field, score & we're already talking head coach replacements.

This team believes & never gives up. What's even more impressive is we don't have an Offense designed to come back from behind & yet we've seen these kids do it time & time again & it amazes me how Kill will stick to the gameplan. Mason, Wacker, Brewster, etc, would *ALL* have threw their playbooks out the window & started airing it out in the 2nd half playing catchup despite not having a team built like that (except Wacker maybe)...

Not Kill's team. Watch Cobb score to tie it up against OSU right before the half. The body language, attitude & composure of the team looks nothing like one even remotely intimidated by the fact that they were playing "THEE" Ohio State. Even reading Nebraska's fanboard... they said plenty of times that "Gophers looked pumped as hell" & "it might as well be an away game" & I've seen it all over rival boards this Season & last. Minnesota is ON THE RISE... all of this without 4 & 5 star recruits & NO QUARTERBACK. I guess that's why the Illinois loss didn't bother me... because I *KNEW* we were the better team & we laid an egg. It felt great KNOWING we were the better team because GOOD TEAMS LOSE TO BAD TEAMS. If you don't believe me then check rival fan reactions to teams like Michigan & Penn State during their losses to us under Mason & Brewster & compare them NOW. Before it was "how did we lose to effing Minnesota?!"... now it's "wow Minnesota's defense hits hard" & "they're just better then us right now". We drop games to bad teams now... oh well... we used to BE the bad team good teams would drop the ball with...

Jerry Kill & Minnesota are special... & we should all be enjoying this transformation in football culture, attitude & national perception because even Mason at his peak in 2003 wasn't respected in the way Kill is... they said all the guy knows how to do is win & that's all he's done here... how could any fan be ungrateful at this point?

I don't think Jerry is going anywhere.
He's a legend already!
We beat becky & the statue talk gets serious!

People should really just enjoy this win and enjoy this season.

Besides Coach Kill is happy here. I'm more worried about our best assistants to start getting picked off.... They are part of what makes this coaching staff so good.

Back a half lifetime ago, Wisconsin football was a laughing stock; a joke. One of those few teams that the Gophers were basically guaranteed to beat every year on their way to a few Big Ten wins. Then a funny thing happened. Barry Alvarez arrived and transformed Wisconsin football; they are now a B1G title contender every season. Alvarez could have gone anywhere. He stayed at Wisconsin, and now he's revered in Wisconsin sports folklore (besides being the UW AD). Kill has that opportunity here. And along with his health issues, and the support the Minnesota fanbase has given him both in bad times and now in good, the lack of excessive pressure to win football games (and lack of hate if he doesn't), along with a nice paycheck and fatter ones to come for he and his staff, you have to believe he isn't going anywhere.

Back a half lifetime ago, Wisconsin football was a laughing stock; a joke. One of those few teams that the Gopher were basically guaranteed to beat every year on their way to a few Big Ten wins. Then a funny thing happened. Barry Alvarez arrived and transformed Wisconsin football; they are now a B1G title contender every season. Alvarez could have gone anywhere. He stayed at Wisconsin, and now he's revered in Wisconsin sports folklore (besides being the UW AD). Kill has that opportunity here. And along with his health issues, and the support the Minnesota fanbase has given him both in bad times and now in good, the lack of excessive pressure to win football games (and lack of hate if he doesn't), along with a nice paycheck and fatter ones to come for he and his staff, you have to believe he isn't going anywhere.

I tend to agree. My bigger concern is if Claeys decides to leave to be a HC somewhere. That would be a big blow as well.

I am convinced that this is just the beginning for this program on the rise.

With more wins come better recruits.

Then, look out world!

Coach Kill & staff teach sound fundamental football. More importantly, he teaches how to become a better person.

Is Kill a lesser candidate than Will Muschamp or Charlie Strong? Also:

Or someone who can win Florida another title within 3 years at any cost. Either Integrity or Title, both not needed.

You just can't enjoy the present can you. Sad, sad, sad. I wish I could send you nice stiff drink. You need one!:drink:

Please just put me on your ignore list. I am enjoying things just fine, you are just determined to take issue with anything I post.

Can't believe I'm the first to mention this in this thread:

All indications are that Mrs. Kill has fallen in love with the area, and absolutely does not want to leave.

This X-factor cannot be undervalued when it comes to Coach Kill.

Back a half lifetime ago, Wisconsin football was a laughing stock; a joke. One of those few teams that the Gophers were basically guaranteed to beat every year on their way to a few Big Ten wins. Then a funny thing happened. Barry Alvarez arrived and transformed Wisconsin football; they are now a B1G title contender every season. Alvarez could have gone anywhere. He stayed at Wisconsin, and now he's revered in Wisconsin sports folklore (besides being the UW AD). Kill has that opportunity here. And along with his health issues, and the support the Minnesota fanbase has given him both in bad times and now in good, the lack of excessive pressure to win football games (and lack of hate if he doesn't), along with a nice paycheck and fatter ones to come for he and his staff, you have to believe he isn't going anywhere.

Exactly.

I remember last year towards the end of the Nebraska game there was a point when we were starting to pound the ball nearly at will. The announcer of that game said something I've never heard before about Minnesota. He said this was no trickery, this was not luck... Minnesota was physically coming RIGHT AT Nebraska & Nebraska physically COULD NOT STOP US. He said we were overpowering Nebraska & outplaying them in every aspect of the game despite Nebraska being superiorly talented on paper. He said that game could be very important to the program down the line & the way we came from behind on the road against a ranked Nebraska team this year shows NONE OF THIS IS LUCK.

We are headed in the right direction & Kill could easily be Minnesota's Barry Alverez. I mean hell, in this & last Season alone he's done things statistically & historically that no other coach has done since we were consistent National Title contenders. That can't be ignored.

Top Bottom