Jerry Kill had a minor seizure yesterday morning. He is expected back shortly.

I think there might be a question about if people want to hire him... if he has to take serious risks to do the job.

In MN the story from team docs was that Jerry's seizures were not causing any sort of cumulative damage or future risks.

But then when Jerry quit he noted how his doctor (presumably personal doc) told him he had to choose and Jerry indicated he hadn't been following the doctor's advice, not taking meds.

Those two never jived for me.

If in fact Jerry is creating a health risk for himself and the employer is aware of it... they might think twice. I really doubt any university would want to knowingly take on someone who is taking a serious risk like that.

Now generally I'd agree it is his health to risk, but I'm not sure if it becomes apparent what schools would do that.

Your last couple of paragraphs while true conceptually where do you draw the line? Smokers and people who chew (a lot of coaches chew) should be out then by that logic. People who scuba dive, down hill ski, etc. are at risk. Hell being on this planet is a risk! You can argue no those are different circumstances. Are they? If an employer knows the risk who are we to say we can't? I mean we live in a time where judging people is bad, body shameing is bad, etc. so for us to say that a guy with a history of seizures is doing a job that makes that person more likely to have one that is 100% up to that person and that employer. To not do so then you are becoming the "Big Brother" that I, and many especially hate.

Your last couple of paragraphs while true conceptually where do you draw the line? Smokers and people who chew (a lot of coaches chew) should be out then by that logic. People who scuba dive, down hill ski, etc. are at risk. Hell being on this planet is a risk! You can argue no those are different circumstances. Are they? If an employer knows the risk who are we to say we can't? I mean we live in a time where judging people is bad, body shameing is bad, etc. so for us to say that a guy with a history of seizures is doing a job that makes that person more likely to have one that is 100% up to that person and that employer. To not do so then you are becoming the "Big Brother" that I, and many especially hate.

Clearly you do draw the line somewhere. Nobody has to smoke for their job that I'm aware of...

I'm not saying he can't. I'm saying an employer may choose to not make the deal.

So many mother hens here. Cluck, cluck, cluck.

Life's dangerous. If he wants to work himself to death and someone is willing to give him the rope I don't know if that's admirable or stupid. People need a purpose and for someone like alchemy to suggest Kill is too stupid to understand that is just insulting.

I'm not saying this is the case..but considering the opening of general hostilities vs Jerry after his disagreements with Kaler and Saint PJ came to light if this isn't a proxy war (for their general feelings) toward the man.

Top Bottom