Jerry Kill and the future of his HC career. WARNING: I am not feeling optimistic

wait!what?

Reaction score
Jerry Kill knew when he came to MN it'll be either a bronze statue or the end of his collegiate head coaching career.
but hold on- a 3rd possiblity has appeared- retirement due to health concerns

if he does not retire, Soon, Jerry Kill will tell us he needs to rebuild. 2 years from now his "rebuilding" will result in bad losses and he will be let go for the next 'football savior'. nothin changes but the date

What you said makes no sense. You could say that about 100% of coaches, don't forget you and I. We are all day to day.

Jerry Kill has been telling us from day 1 that this is a rebuilding job. When did he ever give you any different impression? Some of us may have been overly optimistic about the short-term success, but Kill's been clear about his position.

Let's not forget.....after the 1969 season, Michigan coach Bo Schembechlar suffered a heart attack before the Rose Bowl
game. Not a seizure, a heart attack. He returned to coaching and his records over the next several seasons were: 9-1, 11-1, 10-1, 10-0-1, 10-1, 8-2-2, 10-2, 10-2, 10-2....get the idea? He coached for many years after that.

It sounds as though these seizures have happened before and might very well happen again. But don't let Saturday fool you: This guy can coach. Period. Its not about this season- if it was we wouldn't be seeing so many freshmen and RSF on the field. Jerry Kill should be fine, and so should the Gophers.

This is absurd. Coach Kill will not quit due to a condition He has had for years. He is also a cancer survivor. Using this logic, everyone who has a medical condition like diabetes, obesity, dystonia, arthritis, migraines, tunnel carpal, hemroids,ect. should all quit there jobs, go home, get fetal and suck there thumbs. I true test of someone is how they handle adversity. He beat cancer! This is a very young team and You can't turn a ship around overnight. What a miserable, negative way to live life. Geeez.

Jerry Kill knew when he came to MN it'll be either a bronze statue or the end of his collegiate head coaching career.

if he does not retire, Soon, Jerry Kill will tell us he needs to rebuild. 2 years from now his "rebuilding" will result in bad losses and he will be let go for the next 'football savior'. nothin changes but the date

You Sir are an IDIOT !!

I love it. 5 posts and he/she is name calling.

Goldy009 creating user ID-

"let's see, I need a user name- Oh I'll pick Goldy! Oh, it's taken? I'll take Goldy001! hmmmm that's taken...Goldy002!.........

I'm sorry I'm not in your elite status...didn't know you had to have 800 posts to make a statement...and I wouldn't be making fun of some elses user name...take a look at your own...wait!what!....how creative is that !!

All I know is that if I have a medical condition, I'm going to bring it here for a treatment plan and prognosis. Because no one does a better job of predicting medical outcomes than anonymous football board posters with no personal interaction with a patient and no true knowledge of his medical history.

Once again....So many experts, so little expertise!!!

I do not have to say that...commentors show their ignorance by their comments. IT is a fact of life.
Wow...you are feeling especially salty today if you're choosing to avoid witty banter that is supportive of your point. :)

Wow...you are feeling especially salty today if you're choosing to avoid witty banter that is supportive of your point. :)

OK, I stand corrected, it is just difficult to read sarcasm and witty banter into the comments of the written word. If we spoke in person, I could then laugh at your witty banter/ sarcasm. Oh the beauty of the internet. :)

btw, trust me, I am your one and only Dr.Don.

If this were the first seizure Coach Kill had I might agree. However, it's a known condition with known triggers, according to his doctors, staff and family. If anything in his examination proves otherwise, then Kill and his doctors will have to evaluate that. But for you to say he will be retiring due to health or that he will be rebuilding again in two years is idiotic at best. Kill said from his first presser that this was a rebuilding job. This team had 3 wins last year and a coaching change. What did you expect for this year? 14-0?

Let's not forget.....after the 1969 season, Michigan coach Bo Schembechlar suffered a heart attack before the Rose Bowl
game. Not a seizure, a heart attack. He returned to coaching and his records over the next several seasons were: 9-1, 11-1, 10-1, 10-0-1, 10-1, 8-2-2, 10-2, 10-2, 10-2....get the idea? He coached for many years after that.

It sounds as though these seizures have happened before and might very well happen again. But don't let Saturday fool you: This guy can coach. Period. Its not about this season- if it was we wouldn't be seeing so many freshmen and RSF on the field. Jerry Kill should be fine, and so should the Gophers.

+1

+1

Thanks for sharing the link. I miss Bo, and I miss Woody. Its not THEIR fault Minny fell behind them in the 70's.
They were great for football and great for the Big 10.

I'm sorry I'm not in your elite status...didn't know you had to have 800 posts to make a statement...and I wouldn't be making fun of some elses user name...take a look at your own...wait!what!....how creative is that !!

The correct user name is wait!what?

and wait!what? has a user name voted in the top 10 user names on the GopherHole, right behind the best of the user names, mom8pop.

Hang around and mess with the bull, you will get the horn.

I see some have given this a +1.

I will give this the special ranking, reserved for station19.........................

+19

Jerry Kill has been telling us from day 1 that this is a rebuilding job. When did he ever give you any different impression? Some of us may have been overly optimistic about the short-term success, but Kill's been clear about his position.

A picture is worth a thousand words. Nuff said.

bl110912.jpg

(Click on picture to enlarge.)

Coach Kill is reportedly a bit embarassed by the siezure. But Wait!What? Maybe we can market our way out of this mess.

Remember the Sears commercials 2 years ago featuring the indecisive Brett Favre? Does Coach Kill have a sense of humor? How about him pitching Gatorade? Maybe not, since he's not yet a national figure, but how about something local like "Glenwood Spring Water?"

The correct user name is wait!what?

and wait!what? has a user name voted in the top 10 user names on the GopherHole, right behind the best of the user names, mom8pop.

Hang around and mess with the bull, you will get the horn.

Pretty impressive!!! Does that come with a plaque. Wait!What? Ah, forget it.

You are a dumba$$!

fellas, after the long weekend I just needed to workout and eat a good meal and now my days are filled with optimism. Please disregard my original post.

Message to new people in the Gopherhole Football version; i am a light weight compared to most of the members in here. We got smart people in here can electronically-eviscerate a casual fan.

Out of respect to missing any of them I will skip listing them but i do look forward to reading when the dpdoll gets ahold of some lameposter. i forgot we have one poster in here who can go game by game for the 1979 season and give you the weather for said games. Best Gopher football board there is in Gopherhole.

Top Bottom