Jeff George Jr >>>> Mitch

John Galt

Reaction score
The Illini QB completes 80% of his passes in the 1st half and knows how to put zip on the ball. Mitch? Our staff doesn't trust him at all and for good reason. He is still terribly inaccurate. And don't tell me that Illinois has a better o-line or wide receivers.

Props to wait?what? - he has been spot on regarding Mitch.

Maybe he had a good mentor? [emoji57] I can't remember the last great passer here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Illini QB completes 80% of his passes in the 1st half and knows how to put zip on the ball. Mitch? Our staff doesn't trust him at all and for good reason. He is still terribly inaccurate. And don't tell me that Illinois has a better o-line or wide receivers.

Quarter #1-against the wind, bad protection, poor results. Quarter #2- with the wind, better protection, better results. The same for George.

Well his dad was a #1 pick and threw for 27,000+ yards.

I think I heard Mitch's dad does concrete.

So there's that...

George has a better 0-coord than Mitch...

You've obviously never tried to throw against a 25 mph wind in a game.

You're simply stupid if you don't take Shenault off punt return after that.

Amazing we have NO good play action considering how much we run.

Need to have WR that can separate no matter how your run game goes.

Need to have WR that can separate no matter how your run game goes.

Very true. Just wonder if the Gopher QB would ever have the time to wait for the Wideout to get downfield.

Every ball Mitch throws is high ..Tyler Johnson was about 20' from him just now and he has to jump to catch the ball..

I'm so sick of watching this piss poor offense. It does everything to make the game close. Does nothing to help the defense. Leaves it up to the defense EVERY TIME. Can't go out and win it themselves, EVER!

Why can't we have a QB who can make a throw like George just did?

Leidner can't beat a one on one situation against a defender to create more time. His feet are so slow, gosh it's hard to watch!

Wrong! They trusted him on 4th and 5 with the wind and a two-TD lead in the 3rd Q.

I'm not saying they should have.

Not to mention taking a safety, and possibly fumbling it there too. Apparently a good spiral is more important than not turning the ball over.

The one thing that I've learned in the last 3+ years is that spirals trumps everything when it comes to QB play.

So what is your assessment of George's second half play? Final stats 16/34 for 156 yards and 1 TD.

I remember back in Leidner's freshman year he got the nickname tundra tebow

Edit: Sophomore year

He made a couple of throws vs Michigan last week that few QB'S, especially Gopher QB'S could make. ILLINOIS isn't good, but that kid will be a factor in future seasons.

He made a couple of throws vs Michigan last week that few QB'S, especially Gopher QB'S could make. ILLINOIS isn't good, but that kid will be a factor in future seasons.

Sadly, only if he survives this season intact.

Top Bottom