Jeff Brohm's Values - (also he's leaving Purdue for Louisville ... maybe)

Milton Wright, Purdue's top recieiver this year, has just been ruled ineligible for the year.

No Bell or Wright anymore.

That could be a problem for the pass happy offense.

That's a strong statement there! The man is a moral rock! Or at least tries to be ...

But he is also thinking that anything can happen at anytime as far as leaving Purdue.

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

Wow, I'm sure glad that we employ a coach who has never left one job to take another.

Okay let’s arbitrarily start in 2010 instead of your 2012
Old big east has 2 of 12 titles (they are 6/14 teams)
Old big east has 6/24 appearances

Pitt, Virginia tech, and Miami has played in an ACC title game more recently than:
Florida state
North Carolina
North Carolina state
Georgia tech
Duke

So everyone in the old ACC except for Clemson, Virginia, and Wake Forest

Since 2016 6 ACC title games
4/12 spots by old big east teams
1/12 spots by Notre dame
7/12 spots by ACC

Since 2010 4 schools have won the ACC and two are from the old big east.

Since 2016 3 different old big east schools have played for the ACC title. 3 different original ACC schools have

Since the inception of the ACC title game:
4/6 big east additions have made the title game
7/8 original ACC members have

Only 3 schools haven’t made conference title game:
Louisville
Syracuse
North Carolina state
My point was that these schools did some very good things in the Big East, and then haven't touched those levels of achievement in the ACC.

Not that the Big East additions to the ACC haven't matched the old-school ACC, since then.

It's not that important of a point, we don't need to go back and forth on this.

Also, given that the Big Ten schools are looking to go up to possibly $100M/year while who knows for ACC schools, maybe a third of that?? ... Brohm would be crazy to leave Purdue for Louisville. That's a step down.

Perhaps sentimental value is enough.

My point was that these schools did some very good things in the Big East, and then haven't touched those levels of achievement in the ACC.

Not that the Big East additions to the ACC haven't matched the old-school ACC, since then.

It's not that important of a point, we don't need to go back and forth on this.
I think the biggest obstacle in the way of the big east teams in ACC gunning for success was:
Miami imploding at end of Coker era and continuing to present
Clemson dominating the ACC for the last 8 years or so

I think the biggest obstacle in the way of the big east teams in ACC gunning for success was:
Miami imploding at end of Coker era and continuing to present
Clemson dominating the ACC for the last 8 years or so
Florida State was also very good at the beginning of the CFP, just before Clemson took over.

VT has never recovered, so far, from the drop in the last bit of Beamer's era. Like you say, other ACC schools had to do with that.

Top Bottom