Jan 20
Jacoby Briscoe DT 6-4/290
Adam Bungum ATH 6-2/180
Adam Pankey 3* OL 5.6 6-5/290 Pittsburgh verbal
Pedro Sibiea 3* DE 5.5 6-3/251 Louisville verbal

Jan 27:
Roosevelt Donaldson 2* DE 5.3 6-3/250
Brian Nicholson 3* LB Gopher verbal

Any possibilities of those guys who are committed elsewhere to withdraw on their commitments? And are any current Gopher commits still taking visits elsewhere?

Any possibilities of those guys who are committed elsewhere to withdraw on their commitments? And are any current Gopher commits still taking visits elsewhere?

Always a possibility. The good news with Kill, just like Mase, is you don't have to be overly concerned with watching recruiting through the year. Nobody is going to overwhelm you, so best to just sit back and wait and see who we have when they hit the field.

only current gopher commit ive heard of taking visits elsewhere is harbison (vandy) but is being pursued hard by unc and wake forrest

Although we are close to full-up on offensive linemen, I thought having Pankey visit was a good sign. I find it hard to believe he'd change his mind after an offensive line guru joined the staff at Pitt.

Roland Johnson is a JC guy and if his grades are in order, I wouldn't be surprised to see him commit and start school the next week.

What do we think? 2-3 more commits, maybe switch Nicholson out if he can't get the academics figured out? switch out Harbison if he commits?

My wish list is a WR (Gregory or Lawrence?), OL (Pankey), DL (Sibiea), and the next best player regardless of position.

My wish list is a WR (Gregory or Lawrence?), OL (Pankey), DL (Sibiea), and the next best player regardless of position.

+1. I agree as well. Definetly need a safety to punish someone as well.

+1. I agree as well. Definetly need a safety to punish someone as well.

I'm not sold that N. Rallis is a lock to be a LB, if he stays at safety he'd be a punishing type.

That said, i think D. Lawrence fits that profile, he'd be a nice commit.

Nothing official yet, but:

Vero Beach, Florida wide receiver Charlie Miller has a new school that he is giving serious consideration. The renewed interest from Georgia Tech will bring Miller to Atlanta for an official visit and a possible offer.

I looked up film on Roland Johnson, both from HS and JUCO.
Very impressive for both. He's short, but incredibly explosive and fast.
He'd look really good next to a space eater/big body type.

Jacoby Briscoe is also an impressive one, kinda looks like he's hoping for a late LSU offer, probably not coming, but he's very big and can move in the clips i saw.

If we land either one of these I'll feel good about our DL depth going forward.

@BlairRivals:
WR Andre McDonald says he is reopening things and will visit #Minnesota on Jan. 13 and #Illinois on Jan. 27. #Iowa and #UCLA also involved.

@BlairRivals:
WR Andre McDonald says he is reopening things and will visit #Minnesota on Jan. 13 and #Illinois on Jan. 27. #Iowa and #UCLA also involved.[/QUOiguTE]
Gopher fans say they don't want him in 3... 2... 1...

@BlairRivals:
WR Andre McDonald says he is reopening things and will visit #Minnesota on Jan. 13 and #Illinois on Jan. 27. #Iowa and #UCLA also involved.

BIG red flag, but coach Kill can be the final judge.

I wouldn't turn him down, but I'm not the least bit excited to hear this.

@BlairRivals:

Surprised the thread hasn't taken off with that tweet. If he ends up wanting to be a Gopher after all, then I say welcome back.

Coach Kill has stated that he wants players who want to be at Minnesota. That raises a question due to McDonald's flip-flopping around like a fish out of water.

Obviously Coach Kill has not burned bridges with McDonald so maybe its possible he will look Kill in the eye and say "Yes coach, I've come to realize that I really want to be a Gopher after all."

i just hope at the end of this all that he doesn't decide he wants to be one of the annoying kids who lines up all the hats on signing day to make his pick. We don't need guys who are more about ego than team playing here in Minny

i just hope at the end of this all that he doesn't decide he wants to be one of the annoying kids who lines up all the hats on signing day to make his pick. We don't need guys who are more about ego than team playing here in Minny
If we ever want a recruiting class that is better than middle of the B1G we better get used to it.

Always a possibility. The good news with Kill, just like Mase, is you don't have to be overly concerned with watching recruiting through the year. Nobody is going to overwhelm you, so best to just sit back and wait and see who we have when they hit the field.
I think that is pretty much exactly wrong, there is a lot in play and if you find the process interesting, the changes between now and Feb 1 will probably be interesting.

More visits could be coming including Sam Lee from Blue Earth on Jan 20. It will be very interesting see who we end up with on signing day.

Top Bottom