Jamison Battle to enter the Transfer Portal

I remember when you said the same thing about Carr and Greenlee. But I will admit it's amusing how you continue to embarrass yourself.
Carr and Greenlee don't become the players they are at Minnesota under the coaches we've had.

Coaching development is a bigger piece than recruiting rank IMO.

This is so fundamentally stupid as to boggle the imagination.

Payne never shoots from more than 6" away. Joseph rarely.

Battle was clearly the best shooter on the team. We had so few offensive options he was forced to.chuck up bad shots on about every third possession.

Watch what happens next season, nimrod.
He wasn't forced to take bad shots, he just took a lot of bad shots early in the shot clock. Yes, he had a few near end of shot clock, but not enough to kill his percentage. He just takes a lot of ill-advised shots.

Carr and Greenlee don't become the players they are at Minnesota under the coaches we've had.

Coaching development is a bigger piece than recruiting rank IMO.
Actually, I am no so sure about that. I think what hurt Carr here was the lack of trust in teammates. So he took things in his own hands. Carr and a sophomore or junior Greenlee could have played together with Carr at the 2G. We have had good players, we never seem to put a whole team together.

Actually, I am no so sure about that. I think what hurt Carr here was the lack of trust in teammates. So he took things in his own hands. Carr and a sophomore or junior Greenlee could have played together with Carr at the 2G. We have had good players, we never seem to put a whole team together.
Pitino let Carr get away with whatever he wanted. Texas has taken the best of him and added discipline.

Greenlee it’s all hypothetical as he didn’t see the floor in his time here. I feel good saying he doesn’t become that player he is at FAU now though.

It is almost certainly BS. I went to the U a long time ago but Carlson never had any issues with athletes at any level and I highly doubt they do now. That is some serious spin to cover up the real reasons...

Typical message board rumor mongering.
Hmmmm… I went to Carlson and I could seem a path to some truth.

It could be the way we read it vs what was said is not perfectly communicated.

The degree page states they Strongly prefer people with Work experience.

So if your Jamison Battle, and your advisor says your application doesn’t compare to someone coming from PricewaterhouseCoopers how do you take it?

You say “they look down on/don’t want athletes” - I think maybe that could be something.

It just all in how it’s framed and communicated on both sides.

And who knows, maybe it was Ben that said, put your application in, but also put your name in the portal. Maybe you can get into another school and still play. Or maybe your longshot Carlson App gets accepted, and if so pull your name out.

Anyhow, there are enough unknowns to see this is a plausible reasoning. Along with many other possibilities.

Pitino let Carr get away with whatever he wanted. Texas has taken the best of him and added discipline.

Greenlee it’s all hypothetical as he didn’t see the floor in his time here. I feel good saying he doesn’t become that player he is at FAU now though.
Agree, and the result for Carr was due to the Texas coaching, which with Pitino was lacking.

This is so fundamentally stupid as to boggle the imagination.

Payne never shoots from more than 6" away. Joseph rarely.

Battle was clearly the best shooter on the team. We had so few offensive options he was forced to.chuck up bad shots on about every third possession.

Watch what happens next season, nimrod.
Settle down, Greta. Getting so triggered is dangerous for fragile victims. Everyone who played shot better than Battle with the exceptions of Samuels and TT.

Battle had 30 games to get shots from six feet in. He declined. To say he was "forced" to take horrible shots is laughable. Passing the ball is the correct option. It's like saying he was forced to commit turnovers, which is what a terrible shot amounts to.

Battle, according to the record, was the worst shooter among regulars.

Settle down, Greta. Getting so triggered is dangerous for fragile victims. Everyone who played shot better than Battle with the exceptions of Samuels and TT.

Battle had 30 games to get shots from six feet in. He declined. To say he was "forced" to take horrible shots is laughable. Passing the ball is the correct option. It's like saying he was forced to commit turnovers, which is what a terrible shot amounts to.

Like I said...fundamentally stupid.

Problem I have is that Ben was content with it / did nothing to change it.

I agree on greenlee, but I don’t think Pitino coached Carr improperly, I think he failed with the rest of the team. It’s not like Carr is all of the sudden on draft boards - he’s the same player with two more years of experience and surrounded by substantially more talent.

It was laughable for Battle to talk about going pro. He’s not that caliber. Something was very off his last few games. He was just awful. We certainly most miss that player but I think there was bad vibes between him and Ben at the end

Battle will almost certainly bounce back and have a good year next year. I wanted him to come back exactly for that reason.

Harder to way with Cooper as I did not see him at Morehead State. Either way, they will most likely be replaced by inferior players and will be worse off without them.
I believe that the guy who took Cooper’s place at guard for Morehead State was named this year’s league player of the year. I wouldn’t be surprised if Copper moved out of MS because he saw his future playing time dropping.

Problem I have is that Ben was content with it / did nothing to change it.
You are right but that's a different subject. Battle has played basketball most of his life. He knows an early forced shot from 30 feet is the same as a turnover yet he continually did it.

He definitely would have benefitted by sitting in favor of TT once and awhile.

I agree on greenlee, but I don’t think Pitino coached Carr improperly, I think he failed with the rest of the team. It’s not like Carr is all of the sudden on draft boards - he’s the same player with two more years of experience and surrounded by substantially more talent.
He's more of a team player. But what are you supposed to do when the offense is "Marcus go score 40?"

Sorry but this is a terrible take and you know it. Brewster was an awful coach but his teams at least won some games. Hell Brewster won as many Big Ten games as Ben Johnson has so far...hell Brewster finished tied for 6th in the conference in 2008 Ben Johnson hasn't sniffed anything close to that.

The comparison works because of the background, but that is where it ends. Ben Johnson's career is worse than Brewsters and there is no way you can even pretend otherwise. GWG and I hardly agree on stuff but he is spot on here.

You don't see your logical fallacy...you think because GWG is saying Ben is worse that somehow is a compliment towards Brewster. It isnt. He was a 4 alarm fire, a full on disaster that set the program back. The problem is Ben Johnson would need to improve leaps and bounds to just be a 4 alarm fire. He has coached 2 years and won 6 conference games. That is a .154 winning percentage in conference. Brewster also won 6 conference games in 4 years (disgusting) but they play way less so his winning percentage is almost double. In Brewster's second year his squad improved from 1-11 (oy vey) to 7-6. (and at one point they were 7-1 with only a loss to Ohio State) Johnson went from 4-16 in the conference to 2-17. They both stink but Johnson is worse.

Neither should have been hired. Barring a miracle though Johnson will be the worse of the two if he is canned next year.
lol.....you and GWG are digging way too deep into this comparison. I have no interest in trying to rank coaches across sports against each other. But sure to this point in his run Johnson has been even worse than Brewster.

First time head coaches, in over their heads, viewed as a disaster by the fan base, (and assuming things don't get better under Johnson) fired after just a couple of seasons.......no need to dig deeper into it than that.

The degree page states they Strongly prefer people with Work experience.

Which degree? All graduate degrees from the business school?

My guess is that it depends upon the degree. MBA programs typically prefer students with working experience as the MBA is a degree often pursued by working professionals as a credential for advancement into higher management.

But, a degree like Masters of Accounting would be different. Accounting students require 150 credit hours to get the CPA license in many states currently. Masters of Accounting often are awarded as part of a 5 year program. In fact, in some accounting programs across the nation, the five year program is mandatory.

If we're talking about a graduate degree in Business Analytics, I'm not sure why previous experience would be particularly critical. That's a program teaching methods of modeling and analysis to assist decision makers.

I remember when you said the same thing about Carr and Greenlee. But I will admit it's amusing how you continue to embarrass yourself.

Huh??

Please provide proof

And what in the fuck would Greenlee compare?? He literally did transfer down in competition

Its amusing that you could be that big a fucking idiot. So lets call it a draw.

Which degree? All graduate degrees from the business school?

My guess is that it depends upon the degree. MBA programs typically prefer students with working experience as the MBA is a degree often pursued by working professionals as a credential for advancement into higher management.

But, a degree like Masters of Accounting would be different. Accounting students require 150 credit hours to get the CPA license in many states currently. Masters of Accounting often are awarded as part of a 5 year program. In fact, in some accounting programs across the nation, the five year program is mandatory.

If we're talking about a graduate degree in Business Analytics, I'm not sure why previous experience would be particularly critical. That's a program teaching methods of modeling and analysis to assist decision makers.
The business analytics degree. It’s “strongly recommended,” on the applications page.

I had to do 150 credits old fashioned way for accounting as MN passed the grad school program the yr after I graduated.

Carlson had that stong recommendation for MBA when I was there too. The word from the advisor was don’t waste your app fee. I had the grades, rep, proffessors to recommend, Military time. They wanted internship or work experience or you shouldn’t apply. So I guess I wouldn’t personally be surprised if it means the same as 20 years ago.

Also coaches fault for not having an offense and not playing him at the right position.
When a guy is jacking up hopeless early shots it would be difficult to know if there was an actual offense or not. And when two guys play the same position you go with the the best one and hope the other one doesn't go full me me me mode while going one for ten from NBA three range.

When that even starts you bench him. That is where Johnson lost his team. He let Battle hurt the team.

It smells like coach issues for 2 guys to Leave playing 30+ minutes a game
One guy left because basketball is all about him, not the team. He got the idea after a good first season here that he could play pro overseas. But with Garcia being a better player and moving him out of his comfort area, he lost any pro stock he had.

Now he has to scramble to find someplace where he can put up stats and rekindle the dream.

When a guy is jacking up hopeless early shots it would be difficult to know if there was an actual offense or not. And when two guys play the same position you go with the the best one and hope the other one doesn't go full me me me mode while going one for ten from NBA three range.

When that even starts you bench him. That is where Johnson lost his team. He let Battle hurt the team.
Bench him for who? Major issue is no depth, had little choice to play him Same goes for are whole roster.

Bench him for who? Major issue is no depth, had little choice to play him Same goes for are whole roster.
The biggest problem Ben had, was that he didn't put together enough wing/guard talent on this roster. Thus, he couldn't bench Battle, they couldn't stop opposing guards on defense, and they turned the ball over too much. The team got marginally better at the end when Payne got better, Henley got better and Carrington became available and played better as well. The late season play convinced me that it was the roster, not the game coaching that killed us. Ben needs to go get the talent. If Ihnen and Fox are healthy and solid contributors then our front line is good and the depth is there. We need three more guards. If Ihnen and Fox can't help much then we need a rebounder 4/5 type as well.

Payne/ Fox
Garcia/Ihnen
JOJ/Betts/________
Carrington/ Christie
_______/_________

Yes, that's how Ben saw it. Only choice was TT, as painful as that would have been. But a couple minutes here and there to show Battle and the team who was in charge would have helped.

Top Bottom