James Laurinaitis is a dud at the combine

He will be solid. I'd guess 2nd round unless he runs significantly better at OSU's workout day.

He's good, but he's no Hawk. Laurinitis made a lot of "Sportscenter" hits, but Hawk would just stack up the tackles almost invisibly. Hawk hasn't hit his stride as a pro yet, but he is probably one of the most fundamentally sound football players I've seen in recent years.

To whomever compared Laurinitis to Urlacher, I didn't know Stub & Herb's had wi-fi.

Here are three names. Cushing, Matthews, and Maualuga. All will be drafted before Mr. L. I see projections for him being taken by the Vikings. Yep, that's just what they need.

duluth...not sure if you watch much college football? or if you have a short memory? or if you have another agenda in mind? :confused:

james laurinaitis made his name in the big, nationally televised games against the 'good teams' you mention...

here is a cut and paste of his game against #2 ranked texas as a sophomore (#1 vs. #2)...

"returned first career interception 25 yards in a 24-7 win at No. 2 Texas ... forced two Texas fumbles, one on the goal line ... Big Ten defensive player of week (Texas) ... team weekly defensive honor"

against national champion lsu as a junior...

"BCS championship game record 18 tackles vs. LSU ... defensive player of week"

he had 9 tackles against usc

he's not "at least a step slow on every play" as you ridiculously suggest...:rolleyes:

he was a stud for the past 4 years...and will continue to be one in the nfl...:)

you can choose to ignore him, dismiss him, minimize his accomplishments, hope he has a lousy career, or whatever :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

He's always seemed to be around the ball when I've watched. Not saying he's the greatest player of all-time, but he was a great college players and I'm pretty sure he'll be a good pro player too. Speed isn't the #1 most important thing for a middle linebacker...ability to shed blocks, strength I think are more important, not to mention instincts.

Top Bottom